Be honest, you miss Nebraska being in the Top 5

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by BawlzDeep, Jun 10, 2019.

1. bomber89

bomber89 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

university of texas fan is the most overly obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, self righteous, fanbase that has ever been or ever will be!

I love the state of Texas and most of the people in Texas, heck my mothers side of the family is from Texas. But the university of texas fans can go suck a muffler pipe as far as I'm concerned.

SIhoosier26 and BawlzDeep like this.
  2. GoldenAlley

GoldenAlley Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not sure any one party is to blame but the Big 8, Big 12, whatever it would have been called could have been the premiere conference had the chips fell differently.

Arkansas stays and keeps their intense rivalry with Texas. Oklahoma has seen a resurgence since Stoops took over. The conference adds TCU to add to their stranglehold over the state of Texas (A&M sticks around). Nebraska would have benefitted, recruiting wise, by playing all these Texas schools.

If you think about what the conference would look like right now it's crazy. You'd have 2, 3 or 4 national title contenders per year and a sure lock to wrap up 1 or 2 playoff spots on the regular.

3. SheriffBufordTJustice

SheriffBufordTJustice Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The Big 8 had issues.
    Colorado wanted to leave. Missouri was looking at the Big 10. The Oklahoma schools didn't feel like they were getting the power they deserve.

The Big 12 was a quick fix. Putting the finger in the hole.
    In 1996 Texas had 35-40% of the population of the conference.
    By 2009 it had 50% of the population.

The moving of the Big 12 HQ to Irving is what started the hurt feelings.
    The Oklahoma schools and CU voted with the Texas schools.

Nebraska will always be the school and fanbase that hates Texas a lot more than Texas hates them.

RoyalBevo21 and jeep41 like this.
  4. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I read those stupid things a out Nebraska's meteoric fall from a pedestal. They're stupid. Mike Riley actually did pretty well there. In my opinion. You guys all have short term memory loss. Nebraska is do hypocritical. Where was Frost? I think he was at Stanford before Nebraska landed him.
    Point being he wasn't a Nebraska native and it's kind of silly to pretend he was as justification to hiring him. He played at Stanford. I think he tenured at California didn"t he? Then replaced O'Leary at UCF? It's pretty rudiculous and in some ways it's pathetic hiw Nebraska had to steal away thunder from a competing program to stay relevant. Then masquerade it like it was a homecoming. Obviously it isn't. Frost played at Nebraska. Won a championship in 1997. But he was during in the coat-tails of what Nebraska did preceding it. It's amazing really.
    Bo Pellini did an amazing job but I think Mike Rileydud pretty well, too.
    Given the relative strength of conference. Imagine if they followed my lead and invited Notre Dame and W.Virgnia? I don't think any if you realize his amazing that would be if they did that. Sixteen seems an appropriate number. If they include W.Virginia geographically misaligned to the Big XII and invited Notre Dame that might position the Big Ten as the premiere conference in all of competitive athletics.

5. nupist

nupist Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Say this again, please.

SIhoosier26 and H8FULLGR8 like this.
  6. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Scott Frost isn't Midwestern.

7. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Scott Frost was born in Lincoln. Holy **** are you ever one dumb sonofabitch.

SIhoosier26 and H8FULLGR8 like this.
  8. edsas

edsas Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Was this post originally written in Chinese and then run through a Chinese-to-English translation program?

9. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Ask him to explain why the defense isnt allowed to move before the snap. Its riveting.

SIhoosier26, UGADawg1988 and edsas like this.
  10. edsas

edsas Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Should I ask him in Mandarin or Cantonese?

11. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Go pound a fifth of bourbon and I think the words will come out about as intelligible.

edsas likes this.
  12. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I don't really care what you guys think of me. You don't like the way I write. So what? I want to see the Pulitzer you won. Oh there isn't one? You aren't getting recognized for anything of fysticyiin it remotely approaching it fsybut sticyiintduts ro k yo pick on me and single me out gut things you find objectionable. Yeah makes sense..
    As far as the defense goes they mustbe set. I don't care if you do not like it. It's one reason I question if Alabama best Texas in the national championship or cheated and I've yet to hear a legitimate explanation. Probably because there isn't one
    If there isn't a rule about being set then there are no formations. Hue can I okay linebacker if there isn't a SET line? A linebacker needs to play within the framework if a set formation. Otherwise it's some dude running around playing rover. I've yet to see a position of rover. I doubt there is, was, or ever will be one. Who is rover? Nobody. There is a safety. Defensive ends who is on s defensive formation. Try playing defese without a formation. I doubt you can. In fact you can't. If you aren't in formation then you aren't playing football. You are playing something else. But you play a position. No wonder I ****ing hated it. I played fairly. You asswipes sound like a bunch of cheaters.. You suck. Alabama sucks. They cheat. That's wrong. To best Texas they had to cheat. To win.

If you are not set that's s penalty. I'm not sure what the penalty is. That's why I wanted clarification which by the way I never got but there were too many people on the line of scrimmage. Illegal formation. It's cheating. You line up against the offense in defense. You can't substitute and you can't you can't move players into positions at random. You must be set. Laugh at it. I don't care. Or don't. I don't care about they either. Let me know when any if you have the Outland trophy. Which they get by being SET.
    I don't care if you asswipes don't agree. I played football. I had to be set in my position. Or the play didn't count. In fact if I was out of position I as punished. The coach punished everyone for every mistake. Because I had a good coach.

13. midcalhorn

midcalhorn Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I always respected Nebraska fans and their football program. I don’t remember them being as obnoxious as most fans whose teams have had continuous success (of course, the internet was barely a thing back then). My opinion sort of changed when they got all cvnty toward Texas when they were leaving the Big 12.

jeep41 likes this.
  14. SheriffBufordTJustice

SheriffBufordTJustice Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

For the most part Nebraska fans were always respectful.
    Wasn't at the game so I don't know but according to some that changed in Lincoln in 2006.
    The ones who traveled to Austin were always the best.
    But for the most part you don't get the trashy fans at your stadium unless the school is nearby.

There are stories of Nebraska fans after the 2009 Big 12 Championship Game.
    Wasn't there so I don't know.

Some fans are great when they are winning.
    Others are great when they are losing..

I always respected their fanbase because they were passionate and always travelled well.
    Nebraska for whatever reason looks at Texas as the school who knocked them off their perch.
    The longer they go without national success the more they will blame Texas.

15. vs540husker

vs540husker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Is blackout drunk a language??

16. vs540husker

Expand Collapse

Just for the kids following along at home, Scott Frost was born and raised in Wood River, Nebraska.

BawlzDeep and H8FULLGR8 like this.
  17. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I don't particularly like them. Long before they left the Big XII I always saw them as a little too pompous. Colorado hates Nebraska. I attended Colorado. I don't remember the animosity reflected nearly as much to other foes as it was Nebraska.
    Bill McCartney took it upon himself to reinvigorate what had always been a pretty contentious relationship. There's an arrogance surrounding the Nebraska program. Bill McCartney didn't like it either.
    And he was used to it. As a Michigan assistant coach used to taking down a program like that. It was a match made in heaven. Now I think Colorado will always be relevant. Actually they always were but I think McCartney reinvigorated that bad blood. They hate each other. Those schools.

18. H8FULLGR8

H8FULLGR8 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Texas, Michigan and FSU are all in Omaha this weekend. All three of those teams will get a lot of love from husker fans throughout the CWS.
    Although Nebraska has fallen further for longer then Michigan, Texas and FSU, I believe our fan bases have a lot in common and a mutual respect for what each has accomplished.

19. hawkit3113

hawkit3113 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Everyone hates Nebraska.

jeep41 and H8FULLGR8 like this.
  20. edsas

edsas Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't speak for all Husker fans (obviously), but here's my perspective. I don't hate Texas. Rooted for them to beat USC in 2005. Generally like the program. But the 1-9 record during Big 12 play was beyond frustrating. Especially with the razor thin nature of Texas' wins. There were only two blowouts in the series history between the two Big 12 schools. One was a Texas win, the other was Nebraska's sole victory. Every other game came down to the damn wire and ALWAYS went to Texas. It defied the very laws of probability. In the 1970s and 1980s, Husker fans were agitated by "Sooner Magic" when Barry Switzer frequently had a way of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against Nebraska. But what Texas did to Nebraska during the Big 12 years was beyond any frustration we had with the Sooners. Nebraska had quantifiably better teams than Texas in 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2010 -- and yet managed to lose to them in all four of those years. Talk about beating your head against the wall. The Husker record vs. Texas was one of the reasons I opposed leaving the Big 12 (the other being league history with the former Big 8 schools). I wanted Nebraska to stick around and pay the Longhorns back on the field. I'm happy with the move to the Big 10 now. But I'd love nothing more than for Frost to elevate the Huskers back to respectability and then find a way to face Texas on the field again. Somehow, I think the laws of probability will be more favorable to Nebraska going forward.

nupist and H8FULLGR8 like this.
  21. BleedRed89

BleedRed89 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Y'all sure like to harbor a lot of resentment for a team you claim to be irrelevant...

22. 12Ghost12

12Ghost12 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, sure, I guess. But if your team isn't on Clemson's regular season schedule or top 4 there is really no need for me to pay them any attention.

23. speedfrk

speedfrk Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No I miss FSU being in the ops 5

H8FULLGR8 and MelbBamaFan like this.
  24. BawlzDeep

BawlzDeep Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Or the one second left b.s. Mack definitely sucked some ref ass that night.

25. midcalhorn

midcalhorn Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m ok with that

26. vs540husker

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

27. UGADawg1988

UGADawg1988 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Remember when I explained to you why your coach told you and your teammates to get into position and stay there when on defense? It was because that's what 12 year olds can understand. You were on a middle school football team, yes? At the time you seemed to then understand after that explanation. Your coach told you that because he didn't want a bunch of 12 year olds aimlessly running around on the field. The older and more sophisticated the defense, the more you see them moving around since these players can look at the offense and make an educated guess as to what play they will run.

Can you give us an example of a penalty being called on the defense because they were not set into position before the snap?

28. RoyalBevo21

RoyalBevo21 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No Texas in Omaha this year. Tech.

29. H8FULLGR8

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes, my post wasn’t clear, I should’ve specified “Texas fans” my bad. There are many longhorn and LSU fans in town for the CWS even though their teams aren’t here and husker fans love partying with both those fan bases.

RoyalBevo21 likes this.
  30. hawkit3113

Expand Collapse

Go Blue!!!

Omaha loves an underdog. And no better underdog than a Big 10 team.

Will be there next week. In full on Hawkeye gear.

H8FULLGR8 likes this.
  31. H8FULLGR8

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We’ve grown used to the hawkeye gear in Omaha since 2015. Before 2015 Not so much. Anyway, I’ll bet you were a fan who wore your gear in good times and bad. Enjoy your time at the CWS.

hawkit3113 likes this.
  32. hawkit3113

Expand Collapse

Indeed my friend. A Hawkeye can't change his stripes. : )

And it makes for good conversation. What I love about the CWS is that its like a bowl game tailgate, with 8 different fanbases.

H8FULLGR8 likes this.
  33. H8FULLGR8

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Definitely, most fans never change their stripes, unfortunately many choose to display those stripes more often when things are going well, for example post 2015 for Iowa fans in Omaha.

I hope you get the respect in town that I’m sure you deserve.

hawkit3113 likes this.
  34. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I participated on a middle school football team. I have difficulty remembering the reason I even went out for it. It's been too long ago.
    My point was simply that a team isn't a bunch of juveniles running rampant. I tried to explain that. No I never really played organized football after that although I did attempt to but kept getting injured.
    It took whatever fun I might otherwise have had and essentialy ruined it. Even then I hoped I might have a better reason for wanting to stay on the team but in reality I lost interest after that. And if you can believe it was ridiculed by some of my former teammates for having 'quit' when the reality was (And if you don't believe me I have x-rays to prove it) I was injured not unlike how Alex Smith was. As soon as he is out there galavanting around I guess at that point you can chastized me for having 'quit'. I actually did recover however. Alex Smith hopefully will, too. But I never played organized football after that. I wasn't particularly
    good anyway. I'm not sure I was particularly good at anything athletic.
    Serviceable I think might be the operative word to apply in this circumstance. I could fill in and I guess I found take a beating but there were many players quite a bit better than I ever hoped to be. But I really never really cared all that much. I lost interest. I sort the f view those years as wasted. It's just a game. I learned that much. I really don't reflect on it that much anymore. Maybe if I had been better at it then maybe I'd have caught fire but that never happened. It will be interesting to see if Alex Smith plays football again. My injury was similar to his.
    Spiral fracture of my tibia. It took a year before I felt I'd recovered.

35. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is why open head wounds should not go untreated.

H8FULLGR8 likes this.
  36. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

What open head wound? You don't the no Riley was a credible head coach? Trust me he was. Actually it's kind of funny after firing him and bringing in Frost they weren't demonstrably any better by doing so
    Thus is a new era of college football. It is. It isn't always going to be the sane teams every year at the top of the ladder. Hopefully there will even be more compatibility as time goes on. I have nothing against Nebraska. Wish them the best but I'm not going to lose sleep if they don't. Teams make there own success. Credibility follows character.
    There are a lot more credit his programs out there than Nebraska
    And I dint think you can reality borrow off another's success. Nebraska if they succeed, and I hope they do will be a result of having ventured.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But there are a lot of credible programs.

37. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

H8FULLGR8 likes this.
  38. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I don't speak Chinese. I speak English. Asswipe