ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor

Baylor is fool's gold. Getting that asshole turned inside out. I thought defense was supposed to be their calling card. Marquette is about to drop 100 on 'em while shooting 60% from the field and 50% from 3.

Reactions: speedfrk
All they had to do was fire Wojo and bring Shaka back to his mid-major promised land.
For as prolific a career as Coach K had, his coaching tree is really weak.

• Mike Brey - Solid career
  • Bob Bender - Inconsistent success at Illinois State and Washington
  • Tommy Amaker - Failed at Michigan. Doing okay in the Ivy but who cares
  • Johnny Dawkins - Failed at Stanford. OK at UCF but who cares
  • Chris Collins - Hanging on at Northwestern thanks to that lone NCAA bid
  • Wojo - Failed at Marquette
  • Quin Snyder - Failed at Missouri
  • David Henderson - Failed at Delaware
  • Chuck Swenson - Failed at Bill & Mary
  • Mike Dement - Who?
  • Tim O'Toole - Who?
Am I missing anyone? @dukedevilz

For as prolific a career as Coach K had, his coaching tree is really weak.

• Mike Brey - Solid career
  • Bob Bender - Inconsistent success at Illinois State and Washington
  • Tommy Amaker - Failed at Michigan. Doing okay in the Ivy but who cares
  • Johnny Dawkins - Failed at Stanford. OK at UCF but who cares
  • Chris Collins - Hanging on at Northwestern thanks to that lone NCAA bid
  • Wojo - Failed at Marquette
  • Quin Snyder - Failed at Missouri
  • David Henderson - Failed at Delaware
  • Chuck Swenson - Failed at Bill & Mary
  • Mike Dement - Who?
  • Tim O'Toole - Who?
Am I missing anyone? @dukedevilz

The general sentiment is his coaching tree isn't all that impressive, which I believe is mostly true.

Hopefully his most successful protégé is the guy just getting started, Jon Scheyer.

-Nate James is also just getting started at Austin Peay.
-Quin Snyder is someone you mentioned. but he did make it to 4 straight NCAAs, including an Elite 8 at Missouri. Won 3 division titles with the Jazz. And Amaker and Dawkins both made a Sweet 16 at Seton Hall and Stanford, respectively.
-Jeff Capel has been underwhelming at Pitt. But, he's the guy that made VCU relevant in the early 2000s. Made it to the NCAAs in 2004; he recruited Eric Maynor and the majority of the 2007 team that took down Duke in the 2007 tournament. And he made it to the Elite 8 with OU in 2009.
-Bobby Hurley has made a couple of NCAAs at Arizona State. No wins in the tournament, though. This current team might actually be his most talented squad.
-Greg Paulus (Niagra) and Kenny Blakeney (Howard) are at smaller programs, so they're going to need multiple quality years before they could ever be elevated to a higher program.

Also, Elton Brand (76ers) and Trajan Langdon (Pelicans) are current NBA GMs. And Danny Ferry (Cavs/Hawks) and Billy King (Nets/76ers) were GMs just a few years ago .

Last edited:
Neil Dougherty, former TCU coach, also played for Coach K while at Army. Obviously not a whole lot of success at TCU.

As far as Baylor is concerned, wow, that was a disappointing performance! 16 first half turnovers?! It wasn't like it was one guy holding the team back, just about everyone had a couple of turnovers.

This team would benefit greatly if they had a healthy JTT. Their bigs are underwhelming. Rim protection and rebounding is below average. I really thought Jalen Bridges would fit perfectly in the system as a stretch 4. I'd kind of like to see what they'd look like if Okianwuna got more minutes. He could be a very productive big with time. In the end, the team belongs to the 3 guards. Baylor will live and by the productiveness of that trio.

As far as Baylor is concerned, wow, that was a disappointing performance! 16 first half turnovers?! It wasn't like it was one guy holding the team back, just about everyone had a couple of turnovers.

This team would benefit greatly if they had a healthy JTT. Their bigs are underwhelming. Rim protection and rebounding is below average. I really thought Jalen Bridges would fit perfectly in the system as a stretch 4. I'd kind of like to see what they'd look like if Okianwuna got more minutes. He could be a very productive big with time. In the end, the team belongs to the 3 guards. Baylor will live and by the productiveness of that trio.
Did you happen to watch it, it was uglier for Baylor than the stats show.

Did you happen to watch it, it was uglier for Baylor than the stats show.

I watched a good chunk of the first half, maybe 10-12 minutes. That was enough for me (and the Clemson-Penn State game was far more entertaining). Not a good look for Baylor. It was the first road game of the season, but still, Baylor should be playing better.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I watched a good chunk of the first half, maybe 10-12 minutes. That was enough for me (and the Clemson-Penn State game was far more entertaining). Not a good look for Baylor. It was the first road game of the season, but still, Baylor should be playing better.
I went to the UVA MIchigan game when they got close to the end. I kept waiting on Baylor to make a run.

Thoughts on tonight's games.?

I don't see how ACC blows this.

Thoughts on tonight's games.?

I don't see how ACC blows this.

I want to say ACC wins 8-6.

The three 7:15 matchups includes one obvious mismatch: Purdue/Florida State. The other two games are Duke and Miami hosting Ohio State and Rutgers, respectively. If ACC can defend their home court, that would give us a 7-4 lead heading into the final three games of the night:

Michigan State @ Notre Dame
UNC @ Indiana
Boston College @ Nebraska

Those games should be evenly matched. Though, I would favor the Big Ten team in all 3 by a small margin. Good chance the ACC steals one of those games, and if they do, the final result might be an 8-6 win for the ACC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm worried that Ohio State might beat Duke, though. That could throw a wrench into things. Duke's offense is meh. And Ohio State played pretty well at Maui.

ADVERTISEMENT