ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball score for a HS hoops game.

Yea, shot clock is pretty necessary
Not really. If you sit back in a zone and let ateamjust hold the ball----thats on your dumb ass.

I hope shot clock never makes to Indiana high school hoops. IMO it will make the game worse.. I have worked 42 HS games this year....Not once has a team flat out just held the ball. No reasonto change the rules b/ca few decide to just sit on the ball.

Reactions: RipThru
Not really. If you sit back in a zone and let ateamjust hold the ball----thats on your dumb ass.

I hope shot clock never makes to Indiana high school hoops. IMO it will make the game worse.. I have worked 42 HS games this year....Not once has a team flat out just held the ball. No reasonto change the rules b/ca few decide to just sit on the ball.
Agree to disagree. Nobody wants to watch that. Nobody wants to play that way either. Especially kids looking to get scholarships

Agree to disagree. Nobody wants to watch that. Nobody wants to play that way either. Especially kids looking to get scholarships
Then don't sit back in a zone, and let them hold the ball.

In my experiences here(Indiana), I've never had a game where a team just holds the ball...Deliberate , yes...But flat out stall----No. A shot clock would be bad, confusing, and cause more issues. Some clock operators at the HS table struggle with the simplicity of their duties now....NOW.....ya wanna add shot clock duties to the table as well---at the HS level? No thanks. PLus I think it would make the game ugly.

If you want to see 50 high ball screens straight into an iso, then put a shot clock in. There are a thousand ways to change tempo and prevent this. It's on coaches. High school basketball has no reason to add a shot clock. These games are outliers, not the norm.

Okay, so, maybe there actually was one time when I'd rather see a women's basketball game...

ADVERTISEMENT