ADVERTISEMENT

Bart Torvik's 2021-2022 projections

He’s missing Rayquan Evans (probably starter) and Tanor Ngom (meh) on FSU’s projected roster. So y’all may want to check your teams too.

Reactions: jhmossy
I'll be shocked if UVA is that bad

https://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php
I don’t know too much about most teams so I kind of take these as much more accurate than I would ever be. Three takeaways for a UGA guy that has to look at others for entertainment in cbb:

1 - Saint Mary’s being in the top 30. Would love love love to see the Gonzaga and SM games be what they used to be. That’s some fun basketball to watch. Hope they have a heel like Dellavedova

2 - Belmont being in the top 40. Great program and we live three blocks from their arena. Going to be fun watching them.

3 - Wazzou being 41. Went to grad school out there and always like them. Maybe they’ll have some competitive bigger games this year.

He’s missing Rayquan Evans (probably starter) and Tanor Ngom (meh) on FSU’s projected roster. So y’all may want to check your teams too.

He does a really shoddy job of maintaining the rosters, IMO. Even in October when the official rosters are made available, his errors are still in the 5-15% range. Lots of omissions, but semi-frequently he also has players in the lineup who left the program several months prior.

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
Okay, just went through several rosters. Actually looks more accurate than I'm used to seeing. Not perfect, but he's getting better.

Reactions: GE Nole
Texas is right around where I would put them. Borderline Sweet 16 team.

Some growth though because of certain players

They don't have a true point guard. Just a bunch of combo guards
Don't really have a true big. A bunch of wings.

Without either I wouldn't have them in the Top 10

He is right about Ramey. I think Ramey could be a big time contributor next year.
Improve on his 40% 3 point shooting and gets the ball more he could be First Team Big 12

Reactions: bern1955
Is this someone I should recognize or care about?

He’s like the free KenPom. His site is actually really cool and informative to interact with. I love looking at the breakdown of teams’ performance splits from home, to road, to neutral games. Also really like how you can look at any time frame within the season to see how a team has been across certain dates.

If you sort it by talent, Duke #1, UNC #3, UK #5 . We're used to having low returning experience. Some at the top drop down quite a bit. Since we don't have a lot of freshmen, we should be, note should be better earlier on than we usually are. Probably our ceiling a bit lower than usual.

I think our offense is going to be a lot like UNC's which is quite a change up. Our defense philosophy should be the same.

tenor.gif

Torvik has Mississippi State at #83? Wow. I have them currently in my top 25.

And yes, Virginia at #85 is crazy, too.

ADVERTISEMENT