ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for WVU. Oscar Tshiebwe stepping away

Transfer U’s missing fans are starting to show up again. 😀

I started posting here again while they were in the middle of that losing streak fyi. Lost access for ~6 months for some reason.

From what I’m reading he wanted UK coming out of big school but some people in his “circle” wouldn’t let it happen.

Reactions: cdbearde
Nice grab. I was pretty enamored with Oscar out of high school. Suprised he wasn’t a OaD. But regardless tough inside presence that could help anyone imo.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Nice grab. I was pretty enamored with Oscar out of high school. Suprised he wasn’t a OaD. But regardless tough inside presence that could help anyone imo.

He's a center only prospect that doesn't really have any perimeter skills. So he's a really good college player and very iffy pro prospect.

He's a center only prospect that doesn't really have any perimeter skills. So he's a really good college player and very iffy pro prospect.

Yea but when he came out of HS You know how it is, every big time kid can supposedly run like a deer, block anything, get every rebound and has a nice looking jumper. Totally agree he hasn’t lived up to those impossible expectations. Plus around then the first round of the nba draft was littered with centers. Bagley, bamba, wendell Carter, ayton, jaren Jackson all at the top of the draft so the day of the big man wasn’t quite dead yet back then. Granted all those guys have better skill levels that Oscar, but are also much older (I think)

Is he eligible immediately or does he have to sit.

every transfer is eligible immediately this year bc of covid I think. He can play in fall nextseason despite playing in the fall for wvu this season.

Edit: Espn bottom line just said he’d be eligible 2021-2022 season, so immediately.

every transfer is eligible immediately this year bc of covid I think. He can play in fall nextseason despite playing in the fall for wvu this season.

Edit: Espn bottom line just said he’d be eligible 2021-2022 season, so immediately.
crazy

Plus they are voting in a one time transfer rule where players can transfer once and play immediately regardless of class.

hello college free agency.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
....looks like you need a new source.
It's Bossi, genius. He's the best national guy there is, and if you guys can read down 2 posts, you'll see I said he backed off that.

This is a terrible fit, and I'd put money that he doesn't develop. You guys lost the ability to develop bigs when Antigua left.

'Terrible fit'.... RollLaugh....wishful thinking at its best.
He struggled alongside Derek Culver. You guys have no shooters and are bringing in 2 (now 3) bigs that can't stretch the floor. Sounds like a perfect scenario for a guy that needs an open floor. He wants development. You haven't developed a big since Antigua left.

Wishful thinking is hoping your situation is better than WV's. Not sure it is other than his handlers are now happy.

It's Bossi, genius. He's the best national guy there is, and if you guys can read down 2 posts, you'll see I said he backed off that.

This is a terrible fit, and I'd put money that he doesn't develop. You guys lost the ability to develop bigs when Antigua left.

PJ was two years ago. You wanna argue losing Payne hurts I'd agree. But Antigua's loss was mostly on the recruiting trail.

Well well, look who’s back......😅
Yep....and you're still a Blockhead.
You can’t even quote a post, bud.
tenor.gif

He struggled alongside Derek Culver. You guys have no shooters and are bringing in 2 (now 3) bigs that can't stretch the floor. Sounds like a perfect scenario for a guy that needs an open floor. He wants development. You haven't developed a big since Antigua left.

Wishful thinking is hoping your situation is better than WV's. Not sure it is other than his handlers are now happy.
So Dontaie Allen can’t shoot? He’s one of the best shooters in the SEC.

Some of us on CI have expressed concern that Cal will try to play him at the same time as Lance Ware and Damion Collins. Cal loves having two bigs on the floor at all times. For better or worse.

I don’t know about that handlers comment though. He would have been at UK to begin with if not for his host family. He’s coming to where he wanted to be all along.

Last edited:
PJ was two years ago. You wanna argue losing Payne hurts I'd agree. But Antigua's loss was mostly on the recruiting trail.

Antigua did a lot of work with the bigs too. He had a big hand in Demarcus cousins improvement in his lone season here. That was before Payne came along. Helped Patrick Patterson some too though most of Patterson improvement was just about getting shots up. Cousins made a pretty big leap from high school to college however.

Antigua is a hell of an assistant. Would take him back in a heartbeat over barbee. That barbee is an assistant at UK is just...well...Cal definitely takes care of his own.

So Dontaie Allen can’t shoot? He’s one of the best shooters in the SEC.
Sorry, one guy that's shot 25 3's on the year. I guess your team can shoot now. You're not 242nd in the country in 3pt%. Oh wait.

Some of us on CI have expressed concern that Cal will try to play him at the same time as Lance Ware and Damion Collins. Cal loves having two bigs on the floor at all times. For better or worse.

I don’t know about that handlers comment though. He would have been at UK to begin with if not for his host family. He’s coming to where he wanted to be all along.

Yeah, he's very talented, but there are legitimate fit concerns whether or not others want to acknowledge it. And the handlers thing is real. Whether or not they directed him to UK is a different story.

Reactions: Montana81
ADVERTISEMENT