ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for WVU. Oscar Tshiebwe stepping away

Big ol arms

Jul 29, 2016
Due to "personal reasons"

This wouldn't be so bad if our promising freshman Isaiah Cottrell PF/C didn't tear his ACL in the last game and is out for the season.

Just have to go more small ball now which might not be a bad thing but this definitely hurts with our depth.

Sounds like another one that couldn't handle the Huggs way. He has also deleted all WVU stuff on social media. He wont be back folks. Transfer Portal

He’s not running the way he ran before,” said Huggins, whose Mountaineers host Northeastern at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the WVU Coliseum.

“He and I were just talking. I think the play that everybody would remember is the ball is going out of bounds and it’s almost out of bounds and Oscar runs the length of the floor, picks the ball up and goes in and dunks it before anybody else is really past half-court.

“ I said, ‘Oscar, you kind of screwed yourself because now everybody saw you can do it. Once people see what you can do, they expect you to do it all the time. And you haven’t even come close to doing that.’

“And he understands.”

Tshiebwe was one of WVU’s biggest disappointments in a recent 79-65 loss at Kansas. He contributed only three points on 1-for-5 shooting from the floor and 1 of 3 at the foul line, five rebounds and three turnovers in 18 minutes of playing time.

Could Tshiebwe be ill, perhaps?

“He has had a little bit of a cold, but we all do,” said Huggins. “I told him, I’ve had guys get out of bed and go get 20 [points] and 13 [rebounds]. I thought one of my guys one time had a hangover, and he really had the flu. He was throwing up in the [trash] can and I just kept running him. He talks about it to this day as one of the experiences of his life that made him a man.

“I’m not joking. He went to my house — it was Thanksgiving — and Jackie jumps down and says, ‘Dad, Eric Martinis in my bed. He won’t get out.’ He slept over 24 hours. He talks about it to this day.

“So, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for Oscar right now. I’ve seen a lot worse.”

Point taken, Huggs.

Sounds like an entitled weasel.

Wasn’t he expected to have a monster year?

Sounds like an entitled weasel.

Wasn’t he expected to have a monster year?

Yes, he was expected to but from the very first game something was off with him.

Also Huggins just said in his presser that Oscar is done at WVU.

Damn. We all ready got one against wvu, usually that’s it. We need them to stick some losses on the big 12.

With unrestricted free agency in college sports, the Huggs of the world are going to struggle.

The days of character-building are officially over.

Huggins is out of touch. Too many people still sniffing the 2010 fumes. Huggins has his good ol boy staff that absolutely stinks at developing talent.

Huggins built his career beating up Conference USA, a Beilein built team and flaming out in the 3rd round.

We'll be better off when we replace him.

Sounds like another one that couldn't handle the Huggs way. He has also deleted all WVU stuff on social media. He wont be back folks. Transfer Portal

He’s not running the way he ran before,” said Huggins, whose Mountaineers host Northeastern at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the WVU Coliseum.

“He and I were just talking. I think the play that everybody would remember is the ball is going out of bounds and it’s almost out of bounds and Oscar runs the length of the floor, picks the ball up and goes in and dunks it before anybody else is really past half-court.

“ I said, ‘Oscar, you kind of screwed yourself because now everybody saw you can do it. Once people see what you can do, they expect you to do it all the time. And you haven’t even come close to doing that.’

“And he understands.”

Tshiebwe was one of WVU’s biggest disappointments in a recent 79-65 loss at Kansas. He contributed only three points on 1-for-5 shooting from the floor and 1 of 3 at the foul line, five rebounds and three turnovers in 18 minutes of playing time.

Could Tshiebwe be ill, perhaps?

“He has had a little bit of a cold, but we all do,” said Huggins. “I told him, I’ve had guys get out of bed and go get 20 [points] and 13 [rebounds]. I thought one of my guys one time had a hangover, and he really had the flu. He was throwing up in the [trash] can and I just kept running him. He talks about it to this day as one of the experiences of his life that made him a man.

“I’m not joking. He went to my house — it was Thanksgiving — and Jackie jumps down and says, ‘Dad, Eric Martinis in my bed. He won’t get out.’ He slept over 24 hours. He talks about it to this day.

“So, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for Oscar right now. I’ve seen a lot worse.”

Point taken, Huggs.
The Huggs way ain't all that great.

The Huggs way ain't all that great.

I agree in the sense that this new age of players are too soft for his old school ways and therefore we miss out on a lot of good players that may otherwise play for him. I also don't like how quick he is to bench players over a small mistake on the court.

Still, i would like to know who we can get that would do better and especially be as loyal. The answer is nobody.

Last edited:
I agree in the sense that this new age of players are too soft for his old school ways and therefore we miss out on a lot of good players that may otherwise play for him. I also don't like how quick he is to bench players over a small mistake on the court.

Still, i would like to know who we can get that would do better and especially be as loyal. The answer is nobody.

But if he is an ineligible it doesn't matter.

Any truth that this is an issue over an agent and dumbasses have created rumors to smear Huggins

He had no choice

Probably why he said that there is no way he is coming back

If it was a personal disagreement things could change but if Oscar's presence could cause the season to be vacated you would think Huggins would push him out and close the door

I have no idea sir but Huggins sounded relieved and ready to move on. With Cottrell out now too get ready to hear and find out a lot about RFresh Jalen Bridges. He is a stud and the type of player we haven't had at WVU in awhile.

OTs AAU handlers shopped him all summer. They pushed their own agenda, and now they’re to blame for the situation.

So he does have back to college in mind??? At some point he can probably name his suitors, depending on who all comes out.

For you UK guys, Bossi backed off that after claiming there's too much info to have make any definitive statements.

UK is talking to him tonight on a Zoom call. We're apparently in his list of 5, and we finished 2nd to West Virginia in his initial recruitment.

All this per the Stormy Liberal just now on the radio. Won't be shocked to hear he's a Wildcat by weekends end.

UK is talking to him tonight on a Zoom call. We're apparently in his list of 5, and we finished 2nd to West Virginia in his initial recruitment.

All this per the Stormy Liberal just now on the radio. Won't be shocked to hear he's a Wildcat by weekends end.
Miami.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Most that seem to know a little about the situation think it will be Miami.

He wants to go somewhere he can play as much as he wants and dominate. Im not sure Kentucky would allow him to do that. Also something about his family pushing him to Miami.

tenor.gif

Would've been at UK from the beginning if not for his host family being Mountaineers.

ADVERTISEMENT