ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament Bracket

Quadrants still suck if they still use RPI.

Is that the only thing the committee is going on this year, or just the main factor?
Pretty sure they do. WHich is stupid. It's the same thing, really. Basically you are getting rewarded twice. for the same thing.

Just stupid.

They're 9-9 in the Big 10....... Did they improve or did other teams just quit when they realized the NCAAT hopes were done?
Ummmm, really? Is it that hard to give credit? IU won 7 games last year(in the BT). That was with Bryant and JBJ; OG for a a few. Started the season losing to 12-17 Indiana State by 21. Couple weeks later, lost to FW by 20. Couldn't defend a fence post the first pasrt of the year; ADjd was 106 in early Jan. Then lost their only rim protector in Davis. Curtis Jones transferred.

Their AdjD is 55. Lost to Duke by 10. MSU by 3. Purdue by 7. And OSU by two, at the buzzer.

What other teams just quit? Purdue? OSU? MSU? Those games were late in the year. All three had huge B10 ramifications. You think those teams were in "pack it in mold"? IU played well at Nebraska. THink the Huskers had packed it in? A team battling for an NCAAT bid.

Indiana got exponentially better and better as the season went on. Prety easy to see unless of course you're looking at from a very biased angle. Something tells me you are.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
If we beat Purdue, we better be a higher seed or at least the same seed as them in the NCAA tourney. This love fest with Purdue all year where they can do no wrong has been fking annoying.
I mean, by that logic, if Ohio State loses to Penn State again, are we gonna make Penn State a higher seed than OSU?

Reactions: Cornicator
They're 9-9 in the Big 10....... Did they improve or did other teams just quit when they realized the NCAAT hopes were done?

The B1G is as bad as its ever been. 5 teams won 12 games or more. Very likely looking at only 4 of those teams in the tournament.

Indiana has not beat a single tournament team all season and lost as many conference games as they won so its not like they dominated the conference or something.

Reactions: proudopete
The B1G is as bad as its ever been. 5 teams won 12 games or more. Very likely looking at only 4 of those teams in the tournament.

Indiana has not beat a single tournament team all season and lost as many conference games as they won so its not like they dominated the conference or something.

Purdue has an inflated record because of it too. In a regular Big Ten season they lose at leas two more games. They lost to Ohio St at home and MSU, lost to a very average Penn St. team barely held off an average Indiana team. They aren't going to be a problem deep in the tournament.

Purdue has an inflated record because of it too. In a regular Big Ten season they lose at leas two more games. They lost to Ohio St at home and MSU, lost to a very average Penn St. team barely held off an average Indiana team. They aren't going to be a problem deep in the tournament.

Not sure what this has to do with anything but Purdue went 3-2 vs the top 5 and went 2-2 vs B1G tournament teams.

Add on top of that wins over Butler, Arizona, Louisville, and at Marquette and they should end with minimum 5 tournament wins before the B1G tournament is even played, if not 6. Theyve only lost 5 total games all year.

Not sure what this has to do with anything but Purdue went 3-2 vs the top 5 and went 2-2 vs B1G tournament teams.

Add on top of that wins over Butler, Arizona, Louisville, and at Marquette and they should end with minimum 5 tournament wins before the B1G tournament is even played, if not 6. Theyve only lost 5 total games all year.
I'm saying the B1G is down and the teams at the top have benefitted with inflated records. Most years they would have 2-3 more losses. Purdue went 0-fer against teams at the top tier of the conference.

I'm saying the B1G is down and the teams at the top have benefitted with inflated records. Most years they would have 2-3 more losses. Purdue went 0-fer against teams at the top tier of the conference.

The B1G was better last year with 7 tournament teams, Purdue was not as good last season as they are this year, and they still finished 14-4 last season.

I think overall Indiana is playing as well as anyone in the conference including MSU, Purdue, OSU, Michigan. However, they may be able to win a game or two but are so bad at the foul line, it will eventually cost them like it did 5+ times during the regular season. They can't close big time close games because they miss too my free throws (and usually have a terrible unforced turnover in there too). I really do think they can matchup with anyone in the conference right now, but are still lacking some key winning time things.

jumpingsmileRollLaugh

No because their B1G record and overall record aren't comparable.
But you don’t think it should matter that OSU has more losses than Purdue?

I get it, Purdue hasn’t beaten anyone good, just a lot of wins over 7-11 seeded teams. It concerns me, and if we lose on Friday or Saturday of the BTT I’m not gonna feel good. But at the same time, Purdue has 5 total losses by a total of 15 points. I think Ohio State has 5 double figure losses of their 7. Lots of Ohio states wins are at home (outside of Purdue) and the committee made a point during the early reveal to award those with road and neutral wins (which is dumb because the quads are supposed to do that for them). The resumes just aren’t comprable, which is why the seeding looks so different. Beat Penn State, Purdue, and MSU on neutral and you’re probably right and will get a much better seed

Last edited:
I think IU improved but the four consecutive wins they had late in the season were over the four teams at the bottom of the Big Ten. Those four teams went a combined 15-57 in a down conference.

Of the five teams that finished better than 9-9 in the Big Ten, the only one they played twice was OSU. They went 0-6 against that group.

That said, I do think Archie had the guys bought in and they improved dramatically on the defensive end. On the offensive end, they were handcuffed with personnel challenges.

Michigan will win the tourney. Indiana is the darkhorse. Nebraska must win their first game too get an NCAA bid.
I agree with all of this. For some reason, people want to sleep on Michigan. They always seem to up their play in the BTT. When they get on a roll, look out. I'll pick them to win it over OSU in the final.

As an IU fan, I think we win one and then lose a close one to Purdue. Just isn't our year to expect any miracles.

Nebraska is going to be squarely on the bubble and their fate will be interesting. I want to see them get a bid, but history and politics is not on their side.

ADVERTISEMENT