B1G Offseason News Thread

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Deathclutch, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jace46555

jace46555 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope the new guy was being serious...

Just off the top of my head and in no particular order....

Coach k, Izzo, Wright, self, S. Miller, Bennett, Marshall, Mack, Williams, Donovan when he comes back, few, boeheim

I answered your question...now please answer mine.... what's your proof to back up that during the season his teams have performed like a team coached by a top 10 coach?

2. jace46555

Expand Collapse

I'm with you...I thought I was in the other thread when I initially answered.

3. hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I said current and you’re gonna list Donovan? Are you high?

And Miller, Mack, Marshall over Beilein is almost as stupid.

In the past 7 season Beilein has two B1G regular season titles, two B1G tournament titles, 2 national championship game appearances, 3 Elite 8s, 4 Sweet 16s.

Move along.

Mgkcbb likes this.
  4. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Um if you counted I listed more then 10, so if doesn't matter if I listed donavan to soon or not...

Of course, you once again just listed his tournament results like you do in every single post I've seen from you about this. One thing I did notice is that you didn't mention a single thing that he's done during the regular season...you know...what my question asked. I also noticed that you didn't mention any regular season championships either.

So basically by your own admission, Michigan is coached by someone with the same resume as Kevin Ollie?

5. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Except for the two B1G regular season titles I listed.

And again, Beilein develops his team over the course of the season. How you play in March is more important than how you play in December.

6. jace46555

Expand Collapse

If that the case, what's his resume for his whole career? How many tournaments has he missed and how many other championship games has he made? Of course, I'm talking about on top of the 2 you always mention.

If he's a top 10 coach like you say, it's safe to assume that his resume is filled with multiple final 4s and conference championships since hes been coaching for a very long time.

Seriously though, congratulations on getting someone with less of a resume than Ollie. You know, since he actually won a championship.

7. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Beilein isn’t a top 10 all time coach. I’m saying he’s been a top 10 coach lately and going forward. Most everyone would agree. Congrats on being different.

8. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@jace46555

Shoot me straight though, why did you say I only listed tournament accomplishments when the accomplishment I lead with was 2 regular season titles?

9. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Honestly, I didn't see you list them and I had forgotten about the shared season and 14.

10. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Seriously though, I honestly don't understand why you're arguing with what I said. Because you've even said a few posts above that the reason the regular season accomplishments aren't there us because he develops teams for the tourney.

That in exactly what I had originally said....right now I think come tournament time he is a top 10 coach. But during the regular season his teams haven't delivered the results you'd expect from a top 10 coach.

11. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He’s done as well in the B1G as guys like Marshall and Sean Miller would’ve done with better tournament results than those two. Nobody would take Marshall or Miller over Beilein for the next 3 years. Not even Sean Miller’s wife.

12. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And I don’t think you give enough equity to the regular season being a time to build and develop rotations. I can’t think of many programs outside of the blueboods that have had as much NBA turnover as Michigan has. When you’re constantly losing talent to the NBA it’s not as easy to gel early in the season.

13. jace46555

Expand Collapse

I honestly dont agree with that. Marshall is an amazing coach and what he was able to do at a mid major school like Wichita state has been ridiculous. With CSM, until the findings of this scandal fully comes out...he is easily top 10. His teams have been one of the most consistent teams year in and year out. Even back at Xavier he was performing at this level.

14. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Its not that I'm undervaluing the development aspect. It's that year in and year out his teams are usually in the middle of the pack during the regular season. Somewhere between 5ish to 9ish besides a couple great seasons. It's not about it being a development thing, its being middle of the pack through the years.

Then last year the team becomes galvanized because of a near death experience and gets hot. This year was the exact same thing minus a plane crash, but with a team a year older. They got hot at the right time and also had some fortunate breaks and got to the tournament. I'm sure you're going to disagree, in neither of the past 2 years was Michigan the best team in the BIG and the 2nd best team in the nation this year. They got hot at the right time and run an offense where they can be extremely dangerous when they get hot.

15. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Agree to disagree. Beilein has been better than both. Since 2013 Mack and Marshall have 17 combined NCAA tournament wins. Beilein has 16. Postseason results do matter.

Do you think MSU fans would rather have their regular season title or Michigan’s conference tournament title and final 4?

16. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Of course they matter a bunch, but you cant throw away regular season results. The tournament is about getting hot and most importantly...getting lucky at the right time.

17. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They are middle of the pack during the regular season because they are raw and developing. At the stater of last season Zavier Simpson looked terrible. By the end of the season he was playing great. I’m okay with that trajectory.

Okay, now you’re trolling my dude. Finding ways to discredit their postseason accomplishments is just silly. There are no asterisks as you seem to imply.

18. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s also about having a team playing it’s best basketball come postseason time. Games in March matter more than games in November.

Do you think MSU would trade their 2018 with Michigan or would they prefer to win the conference title over B1G tournament title and final 4?

19. jace46555

Expand Collapse

I'm seriously not trolling. I've said multiple times that Michigan has been the best BIG team the past 7 or 8 years. I also think they have had the best coach over that same period. Just because you point out facts and areas where he hasn't been a top 10 coach doesn't mean I think he hasn't been the top big coach the past 7 years.

20. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Seriously man, you're worse about getting your feeling hurt then any Kentucky fan I've ever come across...and I live across the river from Louisville.

21. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Also, about me trying to discredit the postseason achievements....I'm going to list everything I've said about it. Tell me when I start trying to discredit it.

1st they got hot at the right time
    2nd. They had some lucky breaks this year in the tournament.
    3rd. They were in a plane crash last year
    4th. They have been the best BIG team the past 7 of 8 years
    5th. It takes being hot and finding some luck to make it deep in the tournament.
    6th. Their results during the regular season have been middle of the pack in the big.
    7th. Taking the season as a whole, both regular season and tournaments, they weren't the best big team the whole year.
    8th. Once again, taking the whole season into account, they weren't the 2nd best team all year long in the country.

Seriously, what did I say above that is incorrect or trolling?

22. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@jace46555

You are clearly trolling at this point. Most people would consider Beilein a top 10 coach at the moment. Congrats on being different.

23. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Saying he hasn’t been a top 10 regular season coach is fine.

Saying he hasn’t been a top 10 overall coach borders is stupid or trolling.

24. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Its seriously amazing how you're able to ignore 6 months of the year and instead ONLY focus on 4 weeks. Normally I would just think that you're just lieing about what you think because you cant figure out a way to disprove me. But I really believe in your mind you are able to forget about half the year.

25. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you think more people would consider him a top 10 coach currently or outside of the top 10 currently?

26. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Let me ask you, up until this season, Crean had the most regular season championships in the past 6 or 7 years...does this mean he was the best coach during that time in the regular season?

27. jace46555

Expand Collapse

I think most people would consider him between 8th and 12th over the past 10 years.

28. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Because I know what you're going to do....as long as everyone you ask comes and reads our whole conversation here...I'll stick to my statement. The reason im saying this is for 2 reasons...

1st. People tend to forget past last year and as long as people remember everything as a whole I'm confident.

2nd. Everyone here has heard you constantly crying everytime someone says anything negative about Michigan. So they've constantly had you in their ears like a fly that wont leave.

29. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why do they need to read our whole conversation? I’d honestly feel bad putting anyone through that.

t’s pretty simple. I ask if people think Beilein is currently a top 10 coach or not and we see if more people say yes or no.

Do you think more people would say yes or no if that’s all that was asked?

30. jace46555

Expand Collapse

For the exact reasons I posted and most being is because I've been a lurker here for 7 months and I cant even begin to think about all the times you were screaming about this because someone said something you perceived as negative. This thread is a perfect example of that.

If you scream enough at someone, you can get them to eventually see anything.

31. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lurking is kind of weird.

32. hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well if we agree that more people would vote top 10, then there’s nothing left to see here. Have a good night. Glad you got your posting restriction figured out, regardless of how hot your takes are.

33. jace46555

Expand Collapse

Ummm..okay