ADVERTISEMENT

B1G layoff

Hopefully it helped MSU take some time off, and then re-focus. The team went and saw Hamilton (MSU alum is in it) and then went and saw the Memphis @ Bulls game (Deyonta Davis vs. Denzel Valentine) together.

10 days is a while to take off, but we'll see.

I read the main reason for the early tournament was just to play in MSG. If the teams come out rusty, that's a huge gamble for a small payout.

Hard to tell, I would think it would cause some rust in that first game, if they aren’t scrimmaging hard in practice. That’s a long break when you’re used to going hard every 3 or 4 days.

I still don’t understand why they bent over backwards to have it in the Garden, when they have the United Center, Fieldhouse, and whatever the T-wolves and Piston’s arenas are called, right there in B1G country.

Reactions: BStowers023
Purdue needed the rest more than any team in the nation. Theyve looked bogged sown for close to a month now after playing in the WUG in the summer and now 34 mire conpetitive games since November.

Carsen looked fatigued in the B1G championship. Haas came out strong and quickly wore down. HAARMS has looked tired for the better part of a month.
Plus, Vincent Edwards has a bum ankle and needed to get healthy.

I think it was just what the Dr ordered for Purdue and you're going to see them come out energized in the opening weekend and grab 2 dumptruck victories.

Purdue needed the rest more than any team in the nation. Theyve looked bogged sown for close to a month now after playing in the WUG in the summer and now 34 mire conpetitive games since November.

Carsen looked fatigued in the B1G championship. Haas came out strong and quickly wore down. HAARMS has looked tired for the better part of a month.
Plus, Vincent Edwards has a bum ankle and needed to get healthy.

I think it was just what the Dr ordered for Purdue and you're going to see them come out energized in the opening weekend and grab 2 dumptruck victories.
1st game should show some rust, but should knock it off in hopefully an easy victory. Will be a good primer for the 2nd round game.

How long can it possibly hurt them?

I see people acting like the B1G teams are going to completely forget how to play basketball or something. At worst it may lead to a slow shooting start.

Which for us means it'll probably start out like every other game we've played this year. Though I can't wait for people to start freaking out when we turn the ball over on 2 out of the first 3 possesions. OMG THE LAYOFF IS KILLING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT