ADVERTISEMENT

B1G/ACC Challenge set

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
FV9zeIdXgAMKr9M

@GE Nole, Is Purdue/FSU a protected rivalry now? This is the 3rd time in 5 years we've played in the Challenge and 4th time is 6 years overall I think.

That atmosphere for UNC/Indiana could be electric. Just remember the 2016 game being one of the louder games in recent memory. Roy Williams even commented on it saying, “I'd like to play in front of a crowd like that in the Smith Center every night other than the frickin' Duke game."

Don't really understand the Syracuse-Illinois matchup. Feel like Syracuse is middle of the pack in ACC (again), while Illinois should be a contender for the Big Ten crown.

Last edited:
Sheesh. You ain’t lyin. I like yalls program and Painter but I was hoping for something different. Oh well.
Respect the hell out of your coach but this is just getting dumb at this point. Time to mix it up.

Reactions: GE Nole
Purdue be like "The Legends and Leaders Challenge. Now we're rivals with Florida State."

That atmosphere for UNC/Indiana could be electric. Just remember the 2016 game being one of the louder games in recent memory. Roy Williams even commented on it saying, “I'd like to play in front of a crowd like that in the Smith Center every night other than the frickin' Duke game."

Don't really understand the Syracuse-Illinois matchup. Feel like Syracuse is middle of the pack in ACC (again), while Illinois should be a contender for the Big Ten crown.
Syracuse tends to get a ‘premium’ matchup because they’re one of the best fanbases for tv ratings, regardless of record.

How good will UNC be? I'm in my Indiana bubble and have no clue of anything outside this flyover state.

Indiana with the best high end schedule of the B1G, not surprising.

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)HI POINTSHI REBOUNDSHI ASSISTS
Tue, Nov 9vsEastern MichiganEastern MichiganW68-621-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 21Jackson-Davis 14Jackson-Davis 3
Fri, Nov 12vsNorthern IllinoisNorthern IllinoisW85-492-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 19Thompson 10Johnson 3
Wed, Nov 17vsSt. John'sSt. John'sW76-743-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 18Jackson-Davis 10Jackson-Davis 4
Sun, Nov 21vsLouisianaLouisianaW76-444-0 (0-0)Stewart 16Thompson 8Lander 6
Tue, Nov 23vsJackson StateJackson StateW70-355-0 (0-0)Johnson 14Geronimo 8Durr 4
Sat, Nov 27vsMarshallMarshallW90-796-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 43Thompson 10Johnson 7
Tue, Nov 30@SyracuseSyracuseL112-110 2OT6-1 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 31Jackson-Davis 16Johnson 9
Sun, Dec 12vsMerrimackMerrimackW81-498-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 16Geronimo 13Johnson 4
Sat, Dec 18vsNotre DameNotre Dame *W64-569-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 17Jackson-Davis 12Phinisee 5
Wed, Dec 22vsNorthern KentuckyNorthern KentuckyW79-6110-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 21Jackson-Davis 6Johnson 5
Wed, Dec 29vsUNC AshevilleUNC AshevilleCANCELED

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L (CONF)HI POINTSHI REBOUNDSHI ASSISTS
Tue, Nov 9vsEastern MichiganEastern MichiganW68-621-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 21Jackson-Davis 14Jackson-Davis 3
Fri, Nov 12vsNorthern IllinoisNorthern IllinoisW85-492-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 19Thompson 10Johnson 3
Wed, Nov 17vsSt. John's'sSt. John'sW76-743-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 18Jackson-Davis 10Jackson-Davis 4
Sun, Nov 21vsLouisianaLouisianaW76-444-0 (0-0)Stewart 16Thompson 8Lander 6
Tue, Nov 23vsJackson StateJackson StateW70-355-0 (0-0)Johnson 14Geronimo 8Durr 4
Sat, Nov 27vsMarshallMarshallW90-796-0 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 43Thompson 10Johnson 7
Tue, Nov 30@SyracuseSyracuseL112-110 2OT6-1 (0-0)Jackson-Davis 31Jackson-Davis 16Johnson 9
Sun, Dec 12vsMerrimackMerrimackW81-498-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 16Geronimo 13Johnson 4
Sat, Dec 18vsNotre DameNotre Dame *W64-569-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 17Jackson-Davis 12Phinisee 5
Wed, Dec 22vsNorthern KentuckyNorthern KentuckyW79-6110-2 (1-1)Jackson-Davis 21Jackson-Davis 6Johnson 5
Wed, Dec 29vsUNC AshevilleUNC AshevilleCANCELED
Took Woodson time. Kansas, Arizona, now UNC. Bow down bitches

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
Actually it is. IU OOC schedule has been garbage since Kelvin Sampson left. I believe Woodson will continue to strengthen it though. Being from Indiana, I am stoked to see my Tar Heels playing in Bloomington next year.
Can A Brotha get 6 tics somewhere?😳

Last edited:

That is cute.
Carolina plays Indiana, Michigan and Ohio State in it's Big10 Annihilation tour, then plays 3 games with the following teams in the PK85 Nike tournament.
Michigan St, Villanova, Oregon, UCONN, Alabama, Iowa St or Portland.
Plus the ACC will be back toward it's usual standards next season.
Carolina could easily play over 20 games vs ranked opponents before postseason play begins in March.
😎

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KisteK and Ingersol
That is cute.
Carolina plays Indiana, Michigan and Ohio State in it's Big10 Annihilation tour, then plays 3 games with the following teams in the PK85 Nike tournament.
Carolina could easily play over 20 games vs ranked opponents before postseason play begins in March.
😎
Who knows with Nova---new coach, and lost some dudes.
Uconn----Meh
ISU---Mid-pack B12 team.
Portalnd----Unless its the Trailbalzers, meh..
Bama ---solid
MSU---Solid.

Still, when you include IU, UM and OSU, thats a brutal OOC schedule---Maybe to be brutal.

I'm just happy Woody is scheduling these games----Arizona and Kansas. PLus looking to add LOuisville, and pushing for UK series to get back. I think we are going to see a huge upgrade in SOS under Woodson.

MSU plays Kentucky and Gonzaga within the first week, plus the PK85 which is absolutely stacked.
IU with KU, UNC and Arizaona, plus TBD in the Gaviit, is tough. I wouldn't be onebit surprised if our Gavitt game is with Nova.
Happy to see this schedile...I mean we could go 0-3, and IMO, its still better than going 3-0 vs Jackson St, North Texas, etc, etc.....

That is cute.
😎
I'm talking B1G teams so calm down.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
IU with KU, UNC and Arizaona, plus TBD in the Gaviit, is tough. I wouldn't be onebit surprised if our Gavitt game is with Nova.
Happy to see this schedile...I mean we could go 0-3, and IMO, its still better than going 3-0 vs Jackson St, North Texas, etc, etc.....
We got Gavitt too, forgot to add that one.

Either way we both have some tough games early.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Who knows with Nova---new coach, and lost some dudes.
Uconn----Meh

ISU---Mid-pack B12 team.
Portalnd----Unless its the Trailbalzers, meh..
Bama ---solid
MSU---Solid.

Still, when you include IU, UM and OSU, thats a brutal OOC schedule---Maybe to be brutal.

I'm just happy Woody is scheduling these games----Arizona and Kansas. PLus looking to add LOuisville, and pushing for UK series to get back. I think we are going to see a huge upgrade in SOS under Woodson.
Mm .. generous

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Apparently Scheyer wasn’t ready for Illinois after that ass-whooping in Cameron a couple years ago😉

But forreal Ohio State isn’t anywhere close to Duke’s level next year.

Guess we will both pick up an easy dub when the challenge comes along this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT