ADVERTISEMENT

Ayton is playing?

Not really. Their whole season is shot if the allegations are true. Mine as well keep playing him until the NCAA says you can't.

I get that and would be on board if the player wasn’t the exact person implicated in the violation allegations. WTF?

But why sit him to save 5 wins, tops? It’s almost March. The season isn’t salvageable, especially with Trier gone.

Just saying if they believe the allegations, why is the school only suspending 1 of the associated parties. I get that there isn’t anything explicitly implicating Ayton, maybe I just don’t understand that logic

Just saying if they believe the allegations, why is the school only suspending 1 of the associated parties. I get that there isn’t anything explicitly implicating Ayton, maybe I just don’t understand that logic

Eh, to me, one party is a teenager, who may have not personally benefitted from the money, and the other party is a 50 year old man, willfully breaking the rules. You have to come down on the latter party, the other is debatable. That’s partly why the Bowen kid may be getting a second chance.

But, I really think the timeline is the most important part. If it was November instead of nearly March, he would probably be sitting.

Reactions: Simple_Man
At the same time I can't fault Texas for sitting him.

Agreed, but if the allegations are true at Texas, than those games already won this season will be vacated- I would do what Zona is doing tonight- play them until the NCAA says no. Makes a mockery of the system but who knows....

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Arizona is putting Ayton in a bad situation tonight, he is going to hear it big time from the home crowd.
Abolish the NCAA, there are no rules and give Louisville their title back!

If Ayton took money then Arizona will not be in the tourney. Doesn’t matter if they hold him out tonight or not.

They need to prove it first. So might as well play Ayton. It makes sense.

Agreed, but if the allegations are true at Texas, than those games already won this season will be vacated- I would do what Zona is doing tonight- play them until the NCAA says no. Makes a mockery of the system but who knows....

Seeing how Arizona is playing Ayton tonight, I can't disagree with the point you make about playing Davis.

Reactions: KisteK
If Ayton took money then Arizona will not be in the tourney. Doesn’t matter if they hold him out tonight or not.

They need to prove it first. So might as well play Ayton. It makes sense.

Just a theory, but like the Cam Newton scenario? Parents got the money without Ayton knowing?

Arizona is putting Ayton in a bad situation tonight, he is going to hear it big time from the home crowd.

It's going to be bad tonight. A night game and senior night for Oregon. The fans are going to be relentless.

AnotherWellinformedAtlasmoth-size_restricted.gif

Just a theory, but like the Cam Newton scenario? Parents got the money without Ayton knowing?

The same thing happened to Cliff Alexander a few years ago at Kansas. His mom pulled out a loan and based on his future earnings in the NBA and his family would pay the money back after he got drafted. As far as things go, Cliff's mom put everyone involved in a bad spot.

No cam newton was never proven to of been given money or to have even ever discussed money with Auburn. The only evidence was that his dad talked to a miss st. Booster at one time about them giving him money. No evidence ever came out on auburn at all like their is with Arizona here. The NCAA then changed the rules to say parents or reps cannot discuss pay to play.

Sorry but it’s not possible ANY of these schools have investigated this & cleared kids this fast.
Exactly what I was thinking with MSU and Bridges. How in the hell could they have investigated everything and completely cleared him already? It's entirely possibly that there isn't any wrongdoing there, but no way in hell they investigated it all this quick.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
After the UNC fiasco I would tell the NCAA to kick rocks if they tried to punish my program.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
No cam newton was never proven to of been given money or to have even ever discussed money with Auburn. The only evidence was that his dad talked to a miss st. Booster at one time about them giving him money. No evidence ever came out on auburn at all like their is with Arizona here. The NCAA then changed the rules to say parents or reps cannot discuss pay to play.

Lol so Cecil Newton caught trying to get $200k from Miss State (IIRC that was the number), and Cam ends up at Auburn for presumably $0?!? Cam and family got paid, the only ones that don’t believe it are idiots. The NCAA did not want to kill a football season so they let it slide.

Reactions: afish111
I have a hard time getting upset about a player getting money for making a school a ton of money but not sure I get the reasoning of suspending Miller and letting Ayton play. If what Miller did was wrong then Ayton should not be playing. Anyway, hope my Red Raiders get Arizona in the 2nd round

Play Trier too at this point. I'm just loving all these "experts" acting so surprised. Have these guys seen an AAU event or talked to anyone associated with it?

I also think that Ayton and az are confident that the 100k won't ever really be substantiated, maybe I'm wrong on that tho.

Side note, Ayton is so fvcking good. 100k was a steal for him considering that is what UL paid for Bowen.

Reactions: KisteK and afish111
Side note, Ayton is so fvcking good. 100k was a steal for him considering that is what UL paid for Bowen.

Hes worth 2 milly or more for Arizona. For sure one of the best 5 college players this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT