ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Post Season ban

Did he...
How many did he get

Thought it was about 20 of them.
tenor.gif

Guess some want to put their head in the sand about other things...

Almost all the top talent will never step foot on a college campus in 3-5 years

The pull of the G League is strong. Now they are getting the 15 and 16 year olds listening

Guess some want to put their head in the sand about other things...

Almost all the top talent will never step foot on a college campus in 3-5 years

The pull of the G League is strong. Now they are getting the 15 and 16 year olds listening
To be fair, the best college players will still be on campus. Some teams eat first. Taking out the few won't change the pecking order.

We'll just divide up the best players that don't go to the GLeague. It's not an equalizer for the poor.

Reactions: Yellow Man
To be fair, the best college players will still be on campus. Some teams eat first. Taking out the few won't change the pecking order.

True.
But much more difficult when you are talking about 2-4 year guys rather than one year guys.

Evaluation isn't easy when you are wondering what a 17 year old will look like at 21

One of the reasons for the G League.
They can keep them there until they are ready

Not trying to be a dick, but UK hired Lucas for a reason, Cal switched up everything for a reason. Read into it, and it's ah-ha.

Top recruits will go to the Gleauge and hopefully excel, those that don't still have a path through college.

Reactions: Villian07
Good for him...
But he make a mistake and put Shaka in a bad position

I like Jai. Wish him all the luck.
But Neill Berry is better for the direction that CBB is going

G League taking the one and dones
It is about finding them now

Top 25-50 recruits will be pros after HS

Put up, or shut up.. You know next to nothing... Laughable....

Put up, or shut up.. You know next to nothing... Laughable....

Shaka said this back in April...

I think Kentucky is pretty familiar because the G League came hard after Clarke

Going to be tough to hold them off in the future.

As of now they haven't really went hard after more than a few in 2021
There are a few who will end up in the G League that are committed

UK is 1-0 aginst g-league.

Reactions: Villian07
What it is...

Say a player agrees to the G League in May or June
Or even after the signing day

You are screwed...

That is what makes the G League tough because they can screw up everything for a college coach.
Because he isn't left with much to pick from

What it is...

You are screwed...

That is what makes the G League tough because they can screw up everything for a college coach.
I like how much thought you put into the down fall of Blue bloods.

If you're old enough, you remember players going straight to pros out of HS.

Reactions: Yellow Man
What it is...

You are screwed...

Missed this, but I'd 1000 bucks for each time some said we're screwed.

I like how much thought you put into the down fall of Blue bloods.

If you're old enough, you remember players going straight to pros out of HS.

Who said this will be anyone's downfall.

You do have to adjust.

Just think what would have happened if Clarke would have told Kentucky thanks but no thanks right before signing day

Even after. That LOI doesn't mean shit for the G League

Who said this will be anyone's downfall.

You do have to adjust.

Just think what would have happened if Clarke would have told Kentucky thanks but no thanks right before signing day

Even after. That LOI doesn't mean shit for the G League
The best (blue bloods) adjust better than everyone. How do you think teams have decades of success?

Forgive me, but your goalposts keep moving and you're searching for a thing.

Teams adjust. Great teams set new angles and blueprints on how to adjust.

Shaka will say anything as long as it doesn't concern his bottom line.... You know next to nothing, but keep on with your bull shit... I didn't realize there were any Texas BB fans.... Unicorn much??

I can't wait until next year. Reanglingly yesteryear does get tiresome.

Where's a UK Ninevolt battery when you need one.

Looks like I hit a nail here..

I have only heard whispers from my people in Memphis.

But how quick Kentucky fans are coming in makes things questionable.

Yes people at Memhis would be upset

Kentucky would be with Calipari if he did that to them.

The funny thing is...absolutely no one talked more trash on Calipari than Kentucky fans leading up to the very day he was hired.

Now they want “proof.”

The funny thing is...absolutely no one talked more trash on Calipari than Kentucky fans leading up to the very day he was hired.

Now they want “proof.”

Like I told them...
Go and find out the number of coaches who aren''t included in the NCAA Notice of Allegations when a program gets hammered

Nothing against Calipari or Kentucky...

But if we just go around looking for coaches who have been involved in questionable programs

Calipari would be one of the Top 4-5 coaches to look at.

This isn't condoning anything Bruce Pearl did...
But to say because he was running a questionable program means he still is.

Wouldn't that include Calipari as well

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Like I told them...
Go and find out the number of coaches who aren''t included in the NCAA Notice of Allegations when a program gets hammered

But if we just go around looking for coaches who have been involved in questionable programs

Fwiw, it's HOF Calipari.

Now they want “proof.”

Cal was vetted by one of the best in the business. Sandy Bell. After that was announced there was no doubt he was clean and will remain so. She tolerates no bs on her watch.

UK fans talked trash because of the very intense games UK and UMass had. His 2006 Memphis team kicked the crap out of UK at Maui in 2006 too. Cal was Cal when those games were going on. I didn't care much for him at that time, but it was a competition thing.

He has been nothing but a great citizen since moving to Lexington. Charitable, caring, and funny.

Like I told them...

Convictions versus rumors... Keep trying...What is the over/under of Texas wins this season 15? Your coach had been mentioned as a possible replacement for Cal, but that was before he got buried in that piss poor Texas BB program.

Cal has never been caught doing something against NCAA regs unless I have missed something. Feel free to bring one to my attention if I have missed it. Pearl has been caught holding a recruiting cookout and then lying about it. He's either just plain stupid, or is chronic.

Camby took money and admitted he didn't tell Cal about it. Memphis.... Rose was too dumb to pass his ACT's. Cal was not mentioned in either when the NCAA dropped the hammer.

John Wall never visited Memphis, but I am sure Cal was recruiting him when he was at Memphis. Should he just quit on the #1 recruit in the class when he moved to UK??? Damn... Cousins did visit Memphis, but I don't remember him ever committing.

You will have to prove either one or both committed to Memphis... Even if they both did it wasn't the first time a kid has changed his mind over a coaching change and won't be the last.

Opinions are like assholes. Even if both did, you have to admit a move from Memphis to UK is a giant step up.

John wall definitely visited Memphis. It’s might not have been an OV but Memphis insiders were very optimistic about landing walls because he was accompanied on his trip to Memphis with none other than www.

well from the mouth of Memphis insiders anyways. I wasn’t there to see it with my own eye.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Truth hurts here for Kentucky...

Are you really going to tell people Calipari has been clean.

Hasn't been caught there yet but his track record speaks for itself.

UMASS....Banners taken down
Memphis....Banners taken down
Kentucky...We will find out
Yeap, Calipari is and has been clean.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You said you live in Memphis

The Memphis story of Calipari is interesting

my favorite one Is the players dorm getting broken into and the players initially saying they had 40k worth of fur coats stolen before someone with some sense saw how bad that looked and amended it to 2k in fur coats. Ahhh fur coats the good ole days.

Nothing in your post makes a lick of sense.
Why does it matter WHEN the NCAA came after Memphis? Why does it matter that John Wall and Cousins committed to Memphis before the NCAA knocked on their door because of something Rose did?

What's do funny about what Cal was bringing in for recruits when he was at Memphis? Dude, Rose cheated, wtf does that have to do with the recruits JC was bringing in? This is about what Rose did, not Calipari.

News flash, kids go to a school for the coaches more times than not. Wall and Cousins followed Cal to UK because they wanted to play for Cal, not that Joker that followed him at Memphis.

What exactly are you saying Memphis was doing that was crooked? Jesus man, a kid cheated on an SAT BEFORE he got to Menphis. You’re creating shit that isn't there.

Why do you think Cal was going to get a show cause if he stayed at Memphis? Again, he's never been charged with a single thing. If he committed an infraction, leaving for UK would not have saved him. Leaving for the Knicks would not have saved him.

Also, fine, if you want to say that the coach is responsible for what happens on his watch, that's cool, but are you saying there is no difference between a coach that paid players and a coach that had a player cheat on an SAT? One is a legit cheater, the other one is not a cheater, he was just the one caught holding the bag while the real cheater ran and hid.

Plenty of ish went down at Memphisbesides rose act bs (which was orchestrated by someone, if I aren’t smart enough to pass the act you likely aren’t smart enough to cheat it by yourself. Yo don’t just walk in andgrab a test and put ur name on it, u have to have ID.

back to Memphis. Youcan google Jeremy Hunt. The players dorm being burglarized. The multiple players committing domestic abuse with little to no repercussions. The sat thing got em in the end, but they weren’t exactly running a tight ship before.

can y’all not remember your Demi god mouthpieces favorite quote, wayyyyyy before the Rose shit hit the fans. “From running in recruiting circles I can’t root for the Memphis bc of the way Calipari runs his program, rock chalk jayhawk” -Matt Jones/biggest UK fan alive (close enough to his quote)

there was PLENTY of smoke around Memphis at the time that had nothing to do with

Cal has never been caught doing something against NCAA regs unless I have missed something. Feel free to bring one to my attention if I have missed it. Pearl has been caught holding a recruiting cookout and then lying about it. He's either just plain stupid, or is chronic.

Camby took money and admitted he didn't tell Cal about it. Memphis.... Rose was too dumb to pass his ACT's. Cal was not mentioned in either when the NCAA dropped the hammer.

John Wall never visited Memphis, but I am sure Cal was recruiting him when he was at Memphis. Should he just quit on the #1 recruit in the class when he moved to UK??? Damn... Cousins did visit Memphis, but I don't remember him ever committing.

You will have to prove either one or both committed to Memphis... Even if they both did it wasn't the first time a kid has changed his mind over a coaching change and won't be the last.

Opinions are like assholes. Even if both did, you have to admit a move from Memphis to UK is a giant step up.
Best post of the thread.

ADVERTISEMENT