ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Post Season ban

Oh, now Auburn fans are on the everyone cheats train? Convenient.

You have a shit stain running your program, and you deserve all of the punishment you get.
I have been on the everyone cheats train for years. There is no program in college football or college basketball that consistently wins that is completely clean. You are completely delusional If you think otherwise

Reactions: Villian07
I have been on the everyone cheats train for years. There is no program in college football or college basketball that consistently wins that is completely clean. You are completely delusional If you think otherwise
In the last thread that I said as much, Auburn fans denied the possibility. The idea that Pearl is a prolific cheater was too much reality to accept.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
In the last thread that I said as much, Auburn fans denied the possibility. The idea that Pearl is a prolific cheater was too much reality to accept.

I have never once denied the possibility as an Auburn fan. I embraced it. All successful coaches in today’s game cheat. Being a prolific cheater is not really a big deal. You aren’t winning if you aren’t cheating in collegiate athletics

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
126403273-3499088120213815-7034872611601936856-n.jpg

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

completely laughable that the NCAA finally takes on notes SEC cheating juggernauts Auburn, LSU, and Alabama........in basketball lmao.

kansas, uk and duke football better be on high alert.

Auburn built a new arena.. Seats less than 10,000. They cheat a lot better at football. No respectable BB program would have hired sweat stained Brucie...Anyone that had been paying attention knew his act would get caught. He was there less than 2 years before the red flags started popping up. Proven and convicted cheater.

Kentucky writes the book on ncaa cheating. North Carolina has a fake academic program. Duke pays a half a million to Zion after they out bid Kansas’s and Clemson’s offer. Will wade and Sean Miller On Tape talking about paying players. Yet nothing for them. The ncaa is spineless joke of an organization that protects its blue bloods. They can all go fuxk themselves
Timeframing is fun:

"UK fans harp on their 8 titles, but damn, half of them occured long before most of us were born, they don’t count in my book"

"UK got caught cheating back in the 40's, they cheat their asses off"

That’s a good post and makes a great point, however UK has been caught cheating well after the 40s as well. I can’t remember the date of that classic SI Kentucky’s Shame but it wasn’t from the 40s.

it really doesn’t matter though, college sports cheating has been going on for damn near 100 years, it’s just a matter of who gets caught and who the NCAA wants to catch.

Wonder how many dipshits ITT have no idea what these allegations even stem from. Just throw out the Ole “BRUCE IS A DIRTY FAT BASTARD” line when they have no clue what actually transpired. Lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s a good post and makes a great point, however UK has been caught cheating well after the 40s as well. I can’t remember the date of that classic SI Kentucky’s Shame but it wasn’t from the 40s.

it really doesn’t matter though, college sports cheating has been going on for damn near 100 years, it’s just a matter of who gets caught and who the NCAA wants to catch.

Imagine being able to land players like Davis and Wall and the "greatest recruiting class of all time" by doing everything by the books.

It's pretty silly that some can't just call it what it is. It's a game played by teenagers for entertainment, for God's sake. Some people debate this like their soul is on the line.

I will say that some coaches (possibly Self--definitely Miller) may get personally involved in "the game" more than others. But to actually believe that Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc players aren't taking benefits is just silliness. Nike is clearly near-untouchable, for multiple reasons. And of course the NCAA will protect its cash cows to the extent it can. I won't even be surprised if KU gets off lightly. I think the NCAA wants to give the appearance of a crackdown, without harming the product or losing money.

Gre
Imagine being able to land players like Davis and Wall and the "greatest recruiting class of all time" by doing everything by the books.

It's pretty silly that some can't just call it what it is. It's a game played by teenagers for entertainment, for God's sake. Some people debate this like their soul is on the line.

I will say that some coaches (possibly Self--definitely Miller) may get personally involved in "the game" more than others. But to actually believe that Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc players aren't taking benefits is just silliness. Nike is clearly near-untouchable, for multiple reasons. And of course the NCAA will protect its cash cows to the extent it can. I won't even be surprised if KU gets off lightly. I think the NCAA wants to give the appearance of a crackdown, without harming the product or losing money.

Great post, I’ve said it from the beginning, if schools like DePaul and Creighton are ponying you 6 figures for 4 stars, I have a hard time believing Probly 90% of blue chip recruits don’t get something “impermissible”.

Just like There’s no doubt in my mind that the assistant coach who wouldn’t go on record about the AD 200k stuff was telling the truth, he just refused to break ranks and go on record, which they literally all do. But not like he’s the only one, or it was just UK. However I’m sure MKG got paid as well but his mom and www were childhood friends or something so that might have actually been legal. But players like Renardo Sydney, Shabazz Muhammad, Marvin bagley just to name a fewothers that come to mind

And yea the funniest part is to sit back and watch is the Nike defenders. Like a former Nike employee who didn’t know he was on a wire layed out very clearly how Nike was involved in the same exact practices as Adidas when it came to compensating players to attend certain schools, and yet that still doesn’t reach their burden of proof. Or the fact that the dude texted Kenny Payne that he was paying small ransoms to keep kids on 38/40 Nike aau teams. Like Nike would pay recruits to stay on the Nike aau circuit but would never pay one to go to a Nike college lol. It’s just common sense.

But it’s Just “no way Nike cheats, they don’t have to” or “no way zion took money from Nike/duke even though he was bartering an offer from Kansas”

Or any of the litany of kids over the past few years that chose Nike Elites like uk/duke/unc to “play for free” who had Adidas flagships like Louisville or Kansas who were caught paying, or zona for that matter.

hell Bowen was getting paid to play at his freaking high school team. Like wtf else do you need to know that this is far more rampant than the dozen or so teams the fbi went after.

Kentucky writes the book on ncaa cheating. North Carolina has a fake academic program. Duke pays a half a million to Zion after they out bid Kansas’s and Clemson’s offer. Will wade and Sean Miller On Tape talking about paying players. Yet nothing for them. The ncaa is spineless joke of an organization that protects its blue bloods. They can all go fuxk themselves

Bullhockey.

Kentucky does not have to cheat. Auburn has to cheat to be competitive.

Auburn knew before they hired Pearl that he would get the team in trouble and they did it anyway.

Reactions: RunninRichie

And you keep bring up the same old shit.

Dwayne Casey got rich over the NCAA investigation because in a court of law the NCAA charges were proven wrong and Casey was proven harmed and was awarded damages in the millions.

Now prove me wrong on the above statement.

Gre

Great post, I’ve said it from the beginning, if schools like DePaul and Creighton are ponying you 6 figures for 4 stars, I have a hard time believing Probly 90% of blue chip recruits don’t get something “impermissible”.

Just like There’s no doubt in my mind that the assistant coach who wouldn’t go on record about the AD 200k stuff was telling the truth, he just refused to break ranks and go on record, which they literally all do. But not like he’s the only one, or it was just UK. However I’m sure MKG got paid as well but his mom and www were childhood friends or something so that might have actually been legal. But players like Renardo Sydney, Shabazz Muhammad, Marvin bagley just to name a fewothers that come to mind

And yea the funniest part is to sit back and watch is the Nike defenders. Like a former Nike employee who didn’t know he was on a wire layed out very clearly how Nike was involved in the same exact practices as Adidas when it came to compensating players to attend certain schools, and yet that still doesn’t reach their burden of proof. Or the fact that the dude texted Kenny Payne that he was paying small ransoms to keep kids on 38/40 Nike aau teams. Like Nike would pay recruits to stay on the Nike aau circuit but would never pay one to go to a Nike college lol. It’s just common sense.

But it’s Just “no way Nike cheats, they don’t have to” or “no way zion took money from Nike/duke even though he was bartering an offer from Kansas”

Or any of the litany of kids over the past few years that chose Nike Elites like uk/duke/unc to “play for free” who had Adidas flagships like Louisville or Kansas who were caught paying, or zona for that matter.

hell Bowen was getting paid to play at his freaking high school team. Like wtf else do you need to know that this is far more rampant than the dozen or so teams the fbi went after.

Yeah...a guy who was personally involved in this stuff at Nike for years stating matter of factly that "Nike schools pay too" and specifically dropping names of several schools would seem to be a pretty strong indicator.

My favorite was when afamu said that he was 100% sure that Zion never received benefits. Good stuff.

Bullhockey.

Kentucky does not have to cheat. Auburn has to cheat to be competitive.

Auburn knew before they hired Pearl that he would get the team in trouble and they did it anyway.
Except Pearl hasn’t gotten Auburn into trouble. But facts don’t matter here.

Yeah, the KY Shame thing happened in 87 and the program paid dearly for a few dollars. It was an unnecessary punishment tbh, but it is what it is. Louisville paid a hell of a price because some kids and parents got laid on some recruiting visits. Yikes.
But that doesn’t take away from my point. There were a couple of scandals in the 40's and one in the 80's, apparently that means UK is right up there with SMU, Bruce Pearl and a school slightly west of Lexington.
And it is pretty funny how rival fans like to talk about UK's cheating issues, most of which happened in the old days, but oh yeah, those titles that were won in the 40's are as bad as hanging banners for Helms titles.
Everyone wants it both ways.

A lot of people around the Memphis Basketball Program disagree about Calipari...

Wasn't he upset last year because Memphis outmaneuvered him and ended up throwing Memphis under the bus.

I have made this point before and will make it again.
If John Calipari didn't leave Memphis he would have been handed a show cause

Plus the fact that what happened at Memphis also happened at UMASS

A lot of people around the Memphis Basketball Program disagree about Calipari...

Wasn't he upset last year because Memphis outmaneuvered him and ended up throwing Memphis under the bus.

I have made this point before and will make it again.
If John Calipari didn't leave Memphis he would have been handed a show cause

Plus the fact that what happened at Memphis also happened at UMASS
gSB4aZuIxElhzCLkX1pJAIIdXObtWpwOn1a8Fb3zJpA7-m8j74WCVwimaGGRxwTBeyDm6UJFo36Jya6UZiqKqURO8bfOjb_d2RfwGQwBb5gOMjtAvSWHs114afetYMOzxZ5iJ7eABY8zQg

I'll give you the first sentence. The rest is nonsense.

Yeah...

Have to admit the obvious here.

If you are going to say Pearl cheats and has bended the rules everywhere he has been

You have to admit Calipari has

His Final 4 at UMASS was taken away same as the one at Memphis

Almost 3 for 3. That is Larry Brown level right there

Truth hurts here for Kentucky...

Are you really going to tell people Calipari has been clean.

Hasn't been caught there yet but his track record speaks for itself.

UMASS....Banners taken down
Memphis....Banners taken down
Kentucky...We will find out
What truth? Memphis outmaneuvered Calipari and he did something? Or what he ws accused of at UMASS was the same violation as Memphis? (Which why I said your post was nonsense)

Or, using a hypothetical prediction to talk smack to UK fans?

Yeah, you got us man. Keep going this is all new and original.

What truth? Memphis outmaneuvered Calipari and he did something? Or what he ws accused of at UMASS was the same violation as Memphis?

Or, using a hypothetical prediction to talk smack to UK fans?

Yeah, you got us man. Keep going this is all new and original.

If you have a coach who has been caught at his last 2 places ..

Good chance he hasn't learned his lesson

Especially since Calipari was able to snake out of a burning house at Memphis

I don't know the full story at Memphis
But the James Wiseman situation brought it back up. Especially when their attorney pretty much accused Calipari of snitching on them.

Did Calipari really tell the NCAA everything about Memphis to save his own ass and move on to Kentucky.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If you have a coach who has been caught at his last 2 places ..
Good chance he hasn't learned his lesson
Especially since Calipari wasn't able to snake out of a burning house at Memphis
I don't know the full story at Memphis
But the James Wiseman situation brought in back up. Especially when their attorney pretty much accused Calipari of snitching on them.

Did Calipari really tell the NCAA everything about Memphis to save his own ass and move on to Kentucky.
There you go.

Rod Strickland says the G League can developed talent way better than any coach

Ultimately NBA drafts on upside so doesn't matter where a player goes they will draft him.

But we are about to see if Strickland is correct about the G League

ADVERTISEMENT