ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn has literally taken over this board...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
just look at my last two threads started. One had over 600 replies. Other one over 100. A game thread for Auburn vs furman. @Denim Vest with another 4 pager. Auburn has made the national basketball board a second home board for us. Feelsgoodman

I don't mind Auburn, never think about them tbh, I do like Pearls personality. He'd make a good mascot for something.

The fans are what's most enjoyable. Great laughs provided by them.

Reactions: AUnit
just look at my last two threads started. One had over 600 replies. Other one over 100. A game thread for Auburn vs furman. @Denim Vest with another 4 pager. Auburn has made the national basketball board a second home board for us. Feelsgoodman
Who is this fcking moron? 90% of the activity on this board are the B1G offseason and in-season threads.

That’s because you’re a fry cook.

Who says it’s a dig anyway? Battered wife syndrome?

nah far from it. plus game show hosts make good money.

also making light of domestic violence is never funny, sport.

btw, let's see the sustainability. Right now you all are acting like lottery winners who had to split it 4 ways. This board will still be here when you guys go back to normal.

I would say, "act like you've been there before", but...

But...you've earned it. so troll away.

Reactions: kyjeff1
nah far from it. plus game show hosts make good money.

also making light of domestic violence is never funny, sport.

Sorry bout that, SJW.

True. They earn the moolah. Plus, the prestige of teaching grown men the art of shouting “No whammies!” over and over.

I was talking about Auburn basketball.
I’ll talk UK basketball real quick. Most of my family lives in Kentucky, my mom born and raised there. I was a big Pitino fan growing up. I played the 2, 3, and 4 spot in basketball and I recorded Kentucky games to watch Ford, Shepard, Mashburn, Prickett, Delk, etc to elevate my game. My parents took me to the 1995 SECCG when UK played Arky...best game ever attended. Went to OT because Rhodes choked on two free throws. Wished Pitino never left. He should have know his coaching philosophies wouldn’t cut it in the League. Not a Calipari fan. Respect him, but never thought he was the right fit for Kentucky.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’ll talk UK basketball real quick. Most of my family lives in Kentucky, my mom born and raised there. I was a big Pitino fan growing up. I played the 2, 3, and 4 spot in basketball and I recorded Kentucky games to watch Ford, Shepard, Mashburn, Prickett, Delk, etc to elevate my game. My parents took me to the 1995 SECCG when UK played Arky...best game ever attended. Went to OT because Rhodes choked on two free throws. Wished Pitino never left. He should have know his coaching philosophies wouldn’t cut it in the League. Not a Calipari fan. Respect him, but never thought he was the rit fit for Kentucky.
I think he fits right with Kentucky, deal w/the devil or whatever, but not many can handle this job. He's perfect. zero NCAA troubles and multiple banners.

He's excelled at UK.

Seriously though, It's great we get it.

I like SEC and Pearl, you guys really need to work on sticking to one thread though. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: FlynAUround
I’ll talk UK basketball real quick. Most of my family lives in Kentucky, my mom born and raised there. I was a big Pitino fan growing up. I played the 2, 3, and 4 spot in basketball and I recorded Kentucky games to watch Ford, Shepard, Mashburn, Prickett, Delk, etc to elevate my game. My parents took me to the 1995 SECCG when UK played Arky...best game ever attended. Went to OT because Rhodes choked on two free throws. Wished Pitino never left. He should have know his coaching philosophies wouldn’t cut it in the League. Not a Calipari fan. Respect him, but never thought he was the right fit for Kentucky.
Going back to this, a) how in the world did you become an Auburn fan?
b) there is no b.

Are you still @FlynAUround ?

Just curious, is Pearl your all time favorite coach?
That’s a Gus Malzahn famous phrase he likes to use all the time regarding practices. We mock him a lot on our homeboard (No, I’m not a fan).

Favorite coach is still Pitino. I thought he should have won more titles at UK when he was flat out embarrassing teams in SEC play, but then going ice cold deep in the tournament. As you already know most of his players weren’t NBA guys, so that proves how good his coaching/scheme was.

I love Bruce. The game where he painted himself orange during one of Pat Summit’s game had me rooting for him. Then to take a bottom dweller school and make them relevant speaks volumes. Not a fan of “street ball play”, but that’s his style and that’s what kids want to do so...everything else is great. He loves the SEC and all the schools. Always gives Coach Cal and the UK fans their props after the game. There’s not much there not to love about the guy. Just not there yet with my Pitino boner.

That’s a Gus Malzahn famous phrase he likes to use all the time regarding practices. We mock him a lot on our homeboard (No, I’m not a fan).

Favorite coach is still Pitino. I thought he should have won more titles at UK when he was flat out embarrassing teams in SEC play, but then going ice cold deep in the tournament. As you already know most of his players weren’t NBA guys, so that proves how good his coaching/scheme was.

I love Bruce. The game where he painted himself orange during one of Pat Summit’s game had me rooting for him. Then to take a bottom dweller school and make them relevant speaks volumes. Not a fan of “street ball play”, but that’s his style and that’s what kids want to do so...everything else is great. He loves the SEC and all the schools. Always gives Coach Cal and the UK fans their props after the game. There’s not much there not to love about the guy. Just not there yet with my Pitino boner.
Personality goes a long ways and Pearl sweats it.

So again, how did you become an AU fan? Just curious, I like stories.

Also, Pearl gives the best compliments to Cal and UK in post game interviews.

Last edited:
Going back to this, a) how in the world did you become an Auburn fan?
b) there is no b.
Grew up watching Pat Dye and Sonny Smith as a kid. Went to Auburn. Visited family in Kentucky so much that they became my second school to root for. Your fans (I shit you not) make bama football fans amateurs. I can call my aunt after an UK 20 point beatdown, and her reply is, “It should have been 40 if the refs didn’t f*** us the whole game.”
Unreal...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Grew up watching Pat Dye and Sonny Smith as a kid. Went to Auburn. Visited family in Kentucky so much that they became my second school to root for. Your fans (I shit you not) make bama football fans amateurs. I can call my aunt after an UK 20 point beatdown, and her reply is, “It should have been 40 if the refs didn’t f*** us the whole game.
Unreal...
That sounds about right. An Auburn hippy was on here the other day telling us about we can't be fans if we didn't attend the school. Is that right @AuHoosier420

I'm making jokes but I understand what you're saying. Passion is there.

Reactions: FlynAUround
That sounds about right. An Auburn hippy was on here the other day telling us about we can't be fans if we didn't attend the school. Is that right @AuHoosier420

I'm making jokes but I understand what you're saying. Passion is there.

Why am I a hippy now? You can do better than this

I think he fits right with Kentucky, deal w/the devil or whatever, but not many can handle this job. He's perfect. zero NCAA troubles and multiple banners.

He's excelled at UK.

Seriously though, It's great we get it.

I like SEC and Pearl, you guys really need to work on sticking to one thread though. :D
Cal had to wash his hands clean from memphis state and Umass, before he became squeaky clean at Uuhkay. Winking

The last time I thought of Auburn hoops was when the round mound of rebound played.

3de2261077fcde20f5b81c541f78db57.jpg

You guys certainly have abandoned the football board, though. That's for sure.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT