ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does Nova become a blue blood?

LOL. Texas schools only account for a couple of those.

Yes, they’ve absolutely faced programs that had runs like those schools have, outside of Indiana and the current Mich St run. But if we’re comparing the top team’s competition, then you can’t include the top team’s accomplishments with the rest.

It’s not like Michigan or Wisconsin have been consistently great programs.

You would have been just another above average program in the Big 10.

And that's your argument for the Big 8 blowing? Lol

You would have been just another above average program in the Big 10.

And that's your argument for the Big 8 blowing? Lol
🤣

We all know that Roy and Bill would have owned the Big 10, especially Bill. Hell, he was already doing it in a couple years at Illinois.

I can think of 3 "good" Kansas teams that seasons ended at the hands of Michigan and Sparty.
Cool story. Looking at the last decade, KU’s 6-1 vs the Big 10 in the tourney. Winning by an average of 15 ppg. And they were blowing Michigan out until Elijah Johnson went ******ed in the last two minutes.

Take another lap. 🤣

Cool story. Looking at the last decade, KU’s 6-1 vs the Big 10 in the tourney. Winning by an average of 15 ppg. And they were blowing Michigan out until Elijah Johnson went ******ed in the last two minutes.

Take another lap. 🤣

Ohhhh, that's why Michigan beat you. And MSU ended your season twice, blahahahahahaha.

You wouldn't like playing in the BIG. We would grind that butthole night in and night out

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ohhhh, that's why Michigan beat you. And MSU ended your season twice, blahahahahahaha.

You wouldn't like playing in the BIG. We would grind that butthole night in and night out
Twice? They won once as a favorite vs a young KU team, then got their asses kicked as a dog a few years back.

You’re terrified of Self joining the B1G. Iowa’s chances of winning their first title since the Carter administration will decrease to 0. 🤣

Twice? They won once as a favorite vs a young KU team, then got their asses kicked as a dog a few years back.

You’re terrified of Self joining the B1G. Iowa’s chances of winning their first title since the Carter administration will decrease to 0. 🤣

5-2

You would really hate me if you were in the Big 10. These aren't the rinky dink schools you play. Ask Nebraska.

5-2

You would really hate me if you were in the Big 10. These aren't the rinky dink schools you play. Ask Nebraska.
No I wouldn’t. I’d love the free wins that Iowa would provide every year. We’re used to teams that have athletes, Wee Man.

LOL @ Nebraska, a perennial bottom feeder in the Big 8/12.

Notice that it took amazing efforts by some of the best teams in the nation to take down the Big 12 in the tourney? While you guys got owned by one lowly midmajor after another. Pussies.😂

Maybe when he won 2 titles and is now back in another F4?

I think the 2018 title did it. After 2016 title run, Nova lost early again to 8th seed Wisconsin in 2017. There were questions raised about Jay Wright's 2016 being a fluke run, and that hes still the same choke artist. After 2018 there was no such doubt anymore, everyone just comes to recognize that Jay Wright is a top 5(perhaps top 3) coach in college basketball right now.

No I wouldn’t. I’d love the free wins that Iowa would provide every year. We’re used to teams that have athletes, Wee Man.

LOL @ Nebraska, a perennial bottom feeder in the Big 8/12.

Notice that it took amazing efforts by some of the best teams in the nation to take down the Big 12 in the tourney? While you guys got owned by one lowly midmajor after another. Pussies.😂

And here you are trying to prove your a BB to the board, blahahahahahaha

I would love to play poker with you. Lol

Win two more NCs and then your in and right towards the top of the heap. Until then, you will only be trying to prove yourself.

This subject triggers the hell out of you.

6 Big 10 program in the all time top 25, and not one Big 8/12 school, outside of Kansas'.

Blahahahahahaha

And here you are trying to prove your a BB to the board, blahahahahahaha

I would love to play poker with you. Lol

Win two more NCs and then your in and right towards the top of the heap. Until then, you will only be trying to prove yourself.

This subject triggers the hell out of you.
Responding doesn’t mean I’m triggered, Wee Man.

There’s nothing to prove, Cornholio. We all know it.

😂

6 Big 10 program in the all time top 25, and not one Big 8/12 school, outside of Kansas'.

Blahahahahahaha
Dukedevilz’s top 25 shows 4 from each league. All 4 are original Big 8 programs.

Owned once again. LOL

Take your bitchslap like a man. Even if a wee man. Get some sleep and try again tomorrow. 😂

Maybe when he won 2 titles and is now back in another F4?
That’s what I’m saying. Before that first title, he was upset every year. There were some very embarrassing losses in there. What changed? Did he change philosophy? Any major coaching changes? It was it just a case of getting the monkey off his back and it loosened him up?

Multiple coaches? Who else has done shit at duke besides their current coach?
Vic Bubas, but agree Krzyzewski’s long tenure has meant what was once a question 10-15 years ago now gets them auto included. I think they were ncaa runner up Wooden’s first title

Except in football, right?
I am struggling here. Where did I ever claim football titles for Kentucky? I think that UK was voted number one by the AP or something in 1950 and that is basically it.

UK sure as hell does not hand banners for Helms awards when they won some, but the Helms awards were retroactive and I feel is an honor but sure as hell not a title.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Uh, that’s a huge part of why they have that many titles. Many of them were won when only the conference winner was invited and you only had to win a few games in a field that left out a bunch of the top teams in the nation. Titles from that era were much easier to come by than now, especially if your league offered no competition. There’s a reason that they won as many titles in a 10 year period in the 40s/50s as they have in the 60+ years since.
Oh and those rules did not apply to UNC, Indiana, Ohio State, Kansas et.al.?

You arguments above are rather useless.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I am struggling here. Where did I ever claim football titles for Kentucky? I think that UK was voted number one by the AP or something in 1950 and that is basically it.

UK sure as hell does not hand banners for Helms awards when they won some, but the Helms awards were retroactive and I feel is an honor but sure as hell not a title.
I don't think anybody's ever equated it to a tourney title. The point was that some people feel like the best teams from that era deserve to be honored somehow, and that's the best we've got. Just like mythical titles in football. For some reason, no one bitches about those.

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Oh and those rules did not apply to UNC, Indiana, Ohio State, Kansas et.al.?

You arguments above are rather useless.
I wonder why you think that.

Tell me about the stiff competition in the Southeastern conference back then. KU's league routinely produced final four/runners-up and a few champs. Did any Southeastern team other than Kentucky ever appear in the Final Four in that era?

So, yes....it was a bit of an advantage when you're talking about a tournament that only invited conference winners.

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
When they can prove they are either more than Jay Wright U or Jay Wright wins another ship. Then the convos can start.

You are dealing with the same program that hangs Helms titles like they mean more than YMCA/Rec League trophies.
haha-funny.gif

They won the 1985 national title before jay wright. 3 final 4’s before jay wright. That is more accomplished than duke was before coach K
No one feared Villanova until Jay Wright came along. That 85 Championship was fun but it was a fluke. They were an average to above-average program until he showed up. Definitely not a blue blood.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
No one feared Villanova until Jay Wright came along. That 85 Championship was fun but it was a fluke. They were an average to above-average program until he showed up. Definitely not a blue blood.
Ok. Then you need to apply that same logic to Duke prior to coach K then. People started calling duke a blue blood in the 90s. Villanova is ahead of that

Reactions: englandnu
You are missing the point. People were calling duke blue bloods when duke just had two natty’s in the 90s. If duke was one then. Nova is one now
Duke was not a blue blood back in the 90s. That is my point. You can call them what you want but until you achieve greatness you are not great.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT