ADVERTISEMENT

Asking for some feedback about covid prep

Which model works for you?

• Total voters

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Hey all,

So involved in discussions about reopening schools in northern NJ (got hit very hard by covid) and discussing models for school.

Just wanted to get a feel from you guys for something, from those people who have a job and young kids.

Which of these two options would be more appealing to you?

Something where you had in person school two days a week, and then virtual three days a week.... so you would have child care two days a week.

or

Something where you had four days in week one of in person school, and then no in person school the next week... so you would have four days of child care in one week, but none in the next.

Just trying to get a lot of opinions.

Thanks all!

Btw... f’ing people.

Asked this in a local town Facebook group, as I am trying to gather feedback on what would work better for working families... some informal polling.

Got 28 responses from people in town.

A ton of “Just open the schools up!”

A couple of “Im nervous about it.”

Not ONE answered one of those two options.

WTF. People are idiots.

Btw... f’ing people.

Asked this in a local town Facebook group, as I am trying to gather feedback on what would work better for working families... some informal polling.

WTF. People are idiots.
Honestly (in my opinion) schools should be one of the last places that open up, making kids wash their hands and trying to keep them from spreading germs just seems like an almost impossible task.

That said I don't have kids so take my thoughts on the matter with a grain of salt.

Reactions: TheDude1
Honestly (in my opinion) schools should be one of the last places that open up, making kids wash their hands and trying to keep them from spreading germs just seems like an almost impossible task.

That said I don't have kids so take my thoughts on the matter with a grain of salt.

Actually, the Bd of Ed members I spoke with agreed more than the teachers, which was shocking to me.

It’s going to be messy, and a certain amount of loss will happen. Kids are gross, and schools are Petri dishes.

But we have to minimize it as best we can. Business and child care concerns aside, there is a certain essential nature to making sure that schools do not endanger our kids, our families, or our communities at large.

If we can get through two months of summer with absolutely no child care to help, I am sure that we can figure something out for the months before a vaccine is found that is doable. Businesses and employers will have to work with the schools and communities to find solutions that work for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIhoosier26
Schools opened here (Nevada) last week, just in time for the big spike in rona cases. Laughing

Btw... f’ing people.

WTF. People are idiots.
You teach middle school?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...group-are-asymptomatic/ar-BB15zLMB?li=BBnb7Kz

All the numbers are nefarious on covid at best. 30 % nursing home deaths. How many die from other chronic illnesses, but because they test + for covid-19 the death automatically gets counted as a covid death. Then the testing numbers are way up so... yes the positives will spike. Manipulated numbers by the politicos.
OP- half in school at a time and half at home to start with seems reasonable to test the waters.

ADVERTISEMENT