ADVERTISEMENT

As we all knew, this ku team isn't very good

I disagree. I think this team is special. But right now we are a team of shooters. If/when we have an off night shooting, we are susceptible. Especially when somebody plays a defense like this against us. If we get Preston back, teams won’t be able to do this to us. Washington executed their defense perfectly, but it was a game plan that wouldn’t have worked with Preston available. If we get Preston AND De Sousa, this team will be every bit as good as anybody else in the top 5.

Provided Preston and/or De Sousa is even halfway decent, I actually agree with this. Still, its fun to lolBill Self.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but ASU looks really solid this year.

I'm gonna go barf and cry in the shower now.

For someone who constantly trolls his own fans and hates on his own team, it's pretty amusing to watch how defensive you get when someone else says anything half way negative about that same team.

Defensive? He asked how we only have 1 big guy. That's how it happened. I'm not making excuses for self's mismanagement of the roster. He has recruited ineligible turds every year for about a decade now.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Absolutely. I've had a chance to watch them some this season and they don't resemble the same team from last season. ASU is sitting at 16th in the AP and 17th in the coaches poll so they're going to be a handful and possibly more come Sunday.
I hate them already, thanks to Bobby Hurley. Sick

It's hard to win when the other teams gets so many offensive rebounds.

This Kansas team is too small to win it all. They will need great shooting in all the tourney games. It’s just too hard to pull off. Teams that don’t have bigs just don’t win titles. You need cheap buckets and you need to hold your own on the boards.

There's a Jayhawk on center court. It's a fricken home game

It doesn't excuse this loss, but that is nothing like the Allen Fieldhouse atmosphere. For several reasons. By this logic, most of Kentucky's neutral games are home games because they're always full of UK fans. They just need a cat on center court to make it official.

I said even as you guys beat our team of freshman that you aren’t very good and don’t even really have that high of a ceiling. Especially without Preston which idk if he even played I didn’t watch the game or read the thread

So all the home court streaks ku had are over....any Jayhawks care to share some of the streaks that ended last night?

It wasn't played at the fieldhouse.

Correct. HOWEVER, since it’s part of the season ticket package for ku the NCAA has considered it a home game for several years now and those wins have counted toward their streaks.

Reactions: tw3301
Newman is pretty terrible

And this coach nobody has ever heard of put a clown suit on self

I'm pretty sure me and a bunch of other people tried to tell Y'all this last year but we're told he totally changed. He was shit at MSU and is just different colored shit now.

So all the home court streaks ku had are over....any Jayhawks care to share some of the streaks that ended last night?
It wasn't very high. Lost at home to Iowa State last year so maybe 9 game home court streak? I think they started counting games at the Sprint Center as home games, which I think is stupid, but whatever.

It wasn't very high. Lost at home to Iowa State last year so maybe 9 game home court streak? I think they started counting games at the Sprint Center as home games, which I think is stupid, but whatever.

I’m pretty sure you non con home winning streak was second to Duke? Maybe I’m way off.

I'm pretty sure me and a bunch of other people tried to tell Y'all this last year but we're told he totally changed. He was shit at MSU and is just different colored shit now.

Has espn gotten back to you about that bball analyst gig yet?

I said even as you guys beat our team of freshman that you aren’t very good and don’t even really have that high of a ceiling. Especially without Preston which idk if he even played I didn’t watch the game or read the thread
You should see what happens when you say there are 9 or 10 teams that are better than KU. I did just that and you would think I said something about their Momma.
Truth is KU is one dimensional right now, maybe BS can fix that, maybe Preston comes back, IDK, but they aren't going to win 6 games in March/April just by outshooting everyone they play.

The stupid thing is playing the games in the sprint center. But it's part of the season ticket package, the perform all of the traditional ku pregame stuff, and even stick a Jayhawk on the court. It's a home game that ku doesn't play on their home court. Sounds ridiculously stupid until you consider who our AD is and then it's just standard business practice.

Preston being seriously overrated by other KU fans. He'll help but he won't be some game changer.

Kansas lost to a pac 12 team at sprint center the last time as well. This game didn’t end any streaks. Kansas routinely plays like garbage at the sprint center. No idea why. I’ve personally seen them lose their 3 times. Hell Davidson beat them there recently as well. It’s their kryptonite.

Kansas lost to a pac 12 team at sprint center the last time as well. This game didn’t end any streaks. Kansas routinely plays like garbage at the sprint center. No idea why. I’ve personally seen them lose their 3 times. Hell Davidson beat them there recently as well. It’s their kryptonite.
Have have as many sprint center losses as we do home losses under Self

This will go down in history as a Chaminade over Virginia type upset.
Eh, no, it won't. Washington is a Power 5 team and beat a Ku team with 7 scholarship players. Chaminade was an NAIA team that beat a Virginia squad with the two time reigning National POY on their roster.

Eh, no, it won't. Washington is a Power 5 team and beat a Ku team with 7 scholarship players. Chaminade was an NAIA team that beat a Virginia squad with the two time reigning National POY on their roster.
I know that. I was just joking since he was pointing out the spread.

Provided Preston and/or De Sousa is even halfway decent, I actually agree with this. Still, its fun to lolBill Self.

Can’t blame you. But I do agree with him that if we get Preston/DeSousa we are easily a top 5 team. Easily. I’ve seen Preston and IMO that kid is going to score 16-18 a night for KU. I think he is that good.

I think we get DeSousa for sure and Preston as well but everyday that goes by with Preston worries me more and more. If he isn’t playing by January then he’s not playing period.

Seth Davis:

Everything I’m hearing privately out of Kansas echoes what Bill Self has been saying publicly. Folks out there expect that Preston will be back soon. The Jayhawks’ highly-touted 6-10 freshman forward from Los Angeles has not played in any of their games. He was suspended for the Nov. 10 season opener because he violated curfew the night before. The next day, Preston was involved in a one-car accident that prompted school officials to decide they needed to sit him out while they developed “a clearer financial picture specific to the vehicle.” So he has been withheld from competition since then while the school works with the NCAA to get him eligible again.

The situation has become very discouraging for Preston, from what I understand. The kid is feeling down. Self excused him from the trip to Miami so he could spend time with his family. These things are hard to predict, but it is telling that when Self discussed the situation on Monday, he talked about whether Preston could play in Kansas’ next game Wednesday against Washington in Kansas City, not whether he could play at all. Usually the way things work is that the school gathers the requisite information, sends it to the NCAA, and once it is determined how many games the player needs to sit out, they wait until that many games have been played and then reinstate the player immediately. I’d be surprised if Preston isn’t available by the start of Big 12 play (though I’ve been surprised before).

As for Silvio De Sousa, the 6-9 220-pound power forward at IMG Academy remains on track. He has already asked the NCAA to clear him to join the team at the end of the first semester. He took a standardized test last Saturday. If his score is good and his core classes come through, then he will be in a Jayhawk uniform by the end of this month.

So much for the talk about Kansas being the best team in the country not named Duke. Would expect to see Nova being the primary challenger to take the #1 ranking from Duke in the regular season if anyone is able to.

So much for the talk about Kansas being the best team in the country not named Duke. Would expect to see Nova being the primary challenger to take the #1 ranking from Duke in the regular season if anyone is able to.

KU has a lot to improve on. They very well could be as good as anyone by the end of the year. Duke and MSU are the cream of the crop “so far” and they aren’t anything special. They are all about the same level. Nova is probably the best team right now.

As KU fans, we are waiting on Preston/DeSousa. I’ll take us against anyone if we can get them playing in the next few games to build experience and develop cohesiveness. The game against Washington is exactly how we will lose in March if we are not hitting shots.

No one wants KU fully loaded. they immediately go the the front runner to win the title.

No. Even with preston, kansas is too small. If Doke gets in foul trouble, it really impairs their game unless they are raining 3's. They shoot the ball well, but they just don't have enough quality bigs.

They'll still win the big 12 tho and be a top 10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT