ADVERTISEMENT

As we all knew, this ku team isn't very good

wardhawk

Gold Member
May 17, 2004
Team
Kansas
If they're hitting jump shots they look good

But other than Vick they aren't very athletic and Azubuike is the only post player worth a shit and he's still raw

Washington defense has completely spooked this team. Length makes it very hard for this team to execute. Once a team starts getting a hand in their face and make things a little difficult they get spooked.

If they're hitting jump shots they look good

But other than Vick they aren't very athletic and Azubuike is the only post player worth a shit and he's still raw
Dynamite drop in. Our only post player is our only post player worth a shit. The problem tonight has been defense. Great teams find a way to win when jumpers aren’t falling. We could drop a stinker, but I think they’ll prove how they can win ugly.

Very odd to see. Washington is not a good basketball team, at all.
Nights like this happen. Mostly though they took away the 3 and forced us down low...which was fine the first 10 minutes, but after both our bigs(if Lightfoot counts) we had a walk-on out there for 10 minutes and he got abused. That gave them the confidence they needed and they’ve been playing lights out in the 2nd half.

Is Azibuike a smoker? Dude is sucking wind.

Is Azibuike a smoker? Dude is sucking wind.

And there's 11 minutes to go and he's playing no defense with only 2 fouls.

If he picks up his 3rd at this point it really doesn't matter.

Dynamite drop in. Our only post player is our only post player worth a shit. The problem tonight has been defense. Great teams find a way to win when jumpers aren’t falling. We could drop a stinker, but I think they’ll prove how they can win ugly.
Uh oh, is there trouble brewing? Sounds like I need to check the scoreboard. I forgot KU was playing a highly ranked team tonight. How bad is it?

Now Washington is getting slop to drop. That’s the way it goes sometimes. You miss layups and your opponent gets crap shots to fall in.

Uh oh, is there trouble brewing? Sounds like I need to check the scoreboard. I forgot KU was playing a highly ranked team tonight. How bad is it?
Still sticking with Florida KY? We’ve played terrible. Almost as bad as your top picks!!! Still think we turn the corner. Washington throwing some garbage in

Reactions: kyjeff1
Poor execution and lack of energy most of the game.

It's been Washington's game tonight. They had a game plan defensively. Executed it. And have made some tough shots. All those lead to an upset.

Vick spooked himself when he realized UW was going to give him the 10-15 foot jumpshot practically everytime down floor. The thought of being too selfish crept into his head and stopped taking the shot.

I don't expect KU to lose this game, but I'm not sure I like the makeup of the roster. A lot of athleticism and play makers on the wing but no real depth down low.

KU fans, I know you don't have that grad transfer Jack Whitman. What happened with him? Not a great player but could have filled a niche.

Poor execution and lack of energy most of the game.

It's been Washington's game tonight. They had a game plan defensively. Executed it. And have made some tough shots. All those lead to an upset.

This. It's one thing for KU to not shoot well but the Huskies have stuck with their gameplan and have executed it well all game. They're just better so far.

Reactions: KisteK
Blown out in a defecto home game as a 22 point favorite. Yikes.

Reactions: kyjeff1
For every little run KU makes, UW throws a bigger run at us. Kudos to the Huskies for just being better tonight.

I hate the Sprint Center. KU always plays awful in the Sprint Center.

Eh, it is one game in early December. That is the best time to play like crap anyway it seems. Not sure if it is exams or the end of the semester but good teams seem to play some terrible games around this time.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
For every little run KU makes, UW throws a bigger run at us. Kudos to the Huskies for just being better tonight.

We cut it to 1 and when we came out of the TO all the energy and focus they had went out the window. Knew Washington was gonna go on a run then.

Eh, it is one game in early December. That is the best time to play like crap anyway it seems. Not sure if it is exams or the end of the semester but good teams seem to play some terrible games around this time.

That and our lack of depth in the front court is rearing its ugly head as well.

Anyone who has watched basketball this year knows Michigan St, Nova and Duke are the elite of the elite.

They have executed their defensive game plan as well as possible. Basically said “we’re gonna take away the three and your big man and let you shoot wide open teen footers in the middle all night long. If Vick doesn’t shit his pants, KU wins this game. He’s a great role player, but obviously not ready to be more than that. He looks uncomfortable carrying the team on his shoulders.

That's just it. Games like this expose faults, but will not define how good or bad a team is. It's only a problem when it becomes a trend. Kansas has won their games by 30 a game, they will be alright.

For the most part I definitely agree. What concerns me is our lack of front court depth if we don't get Preston. We have 2 other players coming back in for the next semester so we have at least something coming.

Just a straight ass kicking. If Washington was even a good team KU would be down 30 points. Embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT