Article regarding CoronaVirus impact

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by supergreennole, Mar 13, 2020.

1. supergreennole

supergreennole Well-Known Member
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

2. oldsports_

oldsports_ Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

3. Random UK Fan

Random UK Fan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just got told to work from home . . . let it ride!

[​IMG]

UL_1986, tw3301 and lurkeraspect84 like this.
  4. Bert Higginbotha

Bert Higginbotha Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I predict the world will continue.

I was born into a world where I went to school with kids that suffered from polio, no cure for a long, long time. Antibiotics were new and not well understood. Pneumonia was still a very dangerous germ to get. TB was still rampant. The population then was 2.5 billion. By the time I started college in 1964 the population was 3.2 billion.

I was taught in college that based on agricultural production standards of the day the world could not feed 3.5 billion. But then those evil bastards at the land grant universities of the U.S. started to understand plant and animal genetics, they geared up productions and then taught the Chinese and Indians how to get good yields of rice et.al. They taught the folks in Africa how to grow maximum yields in dry conditions. The US farmers grew so much grain that the E.U. banned imports of US grain to Europe as we could grow it and ship it cheaper, they could just grow it. Now the green revolution wants to put those progressive farmers and scientist in jail. You know the guys that feed us. Oh my gosh, they use roundup and genetically select seeds that double the production that we got last decade. They are the ones that endanger our lives!

During the same time similar scientists in medicine were constantly pushing forward in improving our health. Now everyone sees a year lead up to an effective vaccine for the corona virus as a total failure. Hell, it took a decade for a cure for polio. What the hell are they talking about?

Scare tactics be damned.

The human species is 7 billion strong. A virus that kills less than 1% of its victims is not going to end the species. It is disrupting our commerce a little right now but we as a species are doing wonderful.

IUBtown and olsonab like this.
  5. BasketBallJunkie-UK

BasketBallJunkie-UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

link's broken ...
    Page not found