ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas is ESPN’s early pick to win it all in 22-23

It’s so hard to project when we don’t know what the rosters will look like. Arkansas should have a very good team though

Reactions: speedfrk
Musselman has been very impressive at Arkansas. If they are good again next year you'd have to figure he'd be a top name for potential elite jobs opening.

Manek is gone and I would bet that Bacot will be too. He could make money right now.

KU will be preseason 1 if Jalen and CB come back.
Doubt it.

I'm surprised they're as high as they are on this list. I also think there's a pretty good chance that Wilson and/or Braun are gone.

I think it's hard to justify having them in the preseason top 5 with such a young roster. The bigs are going to be really inexperienced unless McCormack comes back. Who knows who they'll add through the portal though.

Musselman has been very impressive at Arkansas. If they are good again next year you'd have to figure he'd be a top name for potential elite jobs opening.
Thing is what elite job is going to be open soon? Unc and duke seem off the board. I think Cronin is locked in for a bit at ucla. Indiana seems good for now. Kentucky going to make a move? Outside Of that who is there?

Reactions: englandnu
Thing is what elite job is going to be open soon? Unc and duke seem off the board. I think Cronin is locked in for a bit at ucla. Indiana seems good for now. Kentucky going to make a move? Outside Of that who is there?

Good point. It's hard to tell. Maybe Kansas gets hammered more than expected? That's actually good news for Arkansas then. No reason he can't bring them back to national prominence.

Wake me when the rosters are set….and then we see the play.

Not sure what to expect on Love and Bacot and company. I’d imagine they test the waters and who knows if they come back. I’m not sure I’ve seen either as first round picks in mock drafts, but that might not matter.

I agree with you. Unless the NBA plucks one of those coaches away and something opens up then there really aren’t expected to be any “top job” openings, particularly those that would be an obvious step up from Arkansas.

Last edited:
Reactions: AuHoosier420
Doubt it.

I'm surprised they're as high as they are on this list. I also think there's a pretty good chance that Wilson and/or Braun are gone.

I think it's hard to justify having them in the preseason top 5 with such a young roster. The bigs are going to be really inexperienced unless McCormack comes back. Who knows who they'll add through the portal though.
I think NIL changes things. Jalen isn’t getting drafted. He could come back, get paid and be the guy along with CB.
CB could also play himself into the lottery next year and get NIL money.

I don’t think Jalen is going to get paid so much to go play overseas.

I’m not necessarily saying it is going to happen but I could see it. Shit David isn’t going to the league. What’s stopping him from coming back??

Wake me when the rosters are set….and then we see the play.

Not sure what to expect on Love and Bacot and company. I’d imagine they test the waters and who knows if they come back. I’m not sure I’ve seen either as first round picks in mock drafts, but that might not matter.
Would be surprised to see either return honestly. Go make some money. Don't see either's stock really rising much. Clock is ticking.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
If seen Braun projected in the late 1st in a couple mock drafts. If he tests the nba and they think he’s first round material he’s going to leave. If he comes back him, wilson, Harris, Grady dick (#8 recruit), and rice (#23 recruit) make a pretty good starting five. Figure ku also going to go hard for the 6-11 kid in the transfer portal since they need a big to make their offense run.

If seen Braun projected in the late 1st in a couple mock drafts. If he tests the nba and they think he’s first round material he’s going to leave. If he comes back him, wilson, Harris, Grady dick (#8 recruit), and rice (#23 recruit) make a pretty good starting five. Figure ku also going to go hard for the 6-11 kid in the transfer portal since they need a big to make their offense run.
Can't imagine that Braun would get 1st round feedback. I'm not sure why he's projected that highly.

Definitely a solid class coming in.

Reactions: 829305
Can't imagine that Braun would get 1st round feedback. I'm not sure why he's projected that highly.

Definitely a solid class coming in.
He’s a good 3 and d player. Strong, plays good defense, can hit the three and get out in transition. He’s a little like Robert Covington. If he shoots the three better in camp I can see a team in the late first take a flier on him.

I think NIL changes things. Jalen isn’t getting drafted. He could come back, get paid and be the guy along with CB.
CB could also play himself into the lottery next year and get NIL money.

I don’t think Jalen is going to get paid so much to go play overseas.

I’m not necessarily saying it is going to happen but I could see it. Shit David isn’t going to the league. What’s stopping him from coming back??
The supposed insiders have been saying all year that Wilson has always planned to leave after this season. But maybe NIL will change that.

And I think a McCormack return is still on the table. Especially given the injury.

Reactions: KUhawks34
It seems like only yesterday when Gonzaga was the "Way Too Early" #1 for the 2021-22 season.

The supposed insiders have been saying all year that Wilson has always planned to leave after this season. But maybe NIL will change that.

And I think a McCormack return is still on the table. Especially given the injury.
My question is where is Jalen going? It isnt to the NBA. He is my favorite player. Is he going to make that much overseas? Or does he and CB see what Ochai did, make NIL money, be the guy at Kansas and improve their shooting and ultimately improving their draft stock.

My question is where is Jalen going? It isnt to the NBA. He is my favorite player. Is he going to make that much overseas? Or does he and CB see what Ochai did, make NIL money, be the guy at Kansas and improve their shooting and ultimately improving their draft stock.
They both should come back, but players often don't make the best decisions.

Reactions: KUhawks34
By Conference:

AAC:
1. Houston (2nd nationally)

A10:
1. Dayton (18th nationally)
2. St. Louis (25th nationally)

ACC:
1. North Carolina (5th nationally)
2. Duke (6th nationally)
3. Virginia (Next in line)

Big 12:
1. Kansas (4th nationally)
2. Baylor (8th nationally)
3. Texas (22nd nationally)
4. Texas Tech (24th nationally)

Big East:
1. Creighton (9th nationally)
2. Villanova (13th nationally)
3. Xavier (20th nationally)

Big Ten:
1. Michigan (11th nationally)
2. Illinois (17th nationally)
3. Indiana (21st nationally)
4. Purdue (23rd nationally)
5. Ohio State (Next in line)
6. Michigan State (Next in line)

PAC 12:
1. UCLA (3rd nationally)
2. Arizona (10th nationally)
3. Oregon (19th nationally)
4. USC (Next in line)

SEC:
1. Arkansas (1st nationally)
2. Kentucky (7th nationally)
3. Tennessee (14th nationally)
4. Alabama (15th nationally)
5. Auburn (16th nationally)
6. Texas A&M (Next in line)

WCC:
1. Gonzaga (12th nationally)

Unless JWill comes back Arkansas won't be top 10. JWill was the heart and soul of this team.

Nobody does till they get to the combine, realize they dont belong and have no shot at getting drafted.

granted many still leave despite not gonna get drafted.
I'm just saying that announcement reads like he's gone either way. It's unlikely he gets drafted and he should already know that. Sounds like G League or overseas he goes.

I expect Creighton to be good next year. Especially if they land some decent talent through the portal.

Agreed. Trey Alexander and Ryan Nembhard both had pretty good freshmen seasons. That will be one of the better backcourts in college basketball. And Kaluma and Kalkbrenner in the frontcourt is nice. Kalkbrenner was the Big East Defensive POY. They definitely have Final Four potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT