ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona vs UCLA (I’m going off the grid for 24 hours)

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Massive game tonight, but doesn’t start till 10 pm here in Chicago. F that, I’m asleep by 10:45 every night. So I’ll be going off the grid and not checking this site for 24 hours and staying away from all sports news. Gonna try and not find out the score till I get home from work tomorrow and then I’ll watch the game.

I'll probably watch unless it's on that Pac 12 Network, which is like the one sports network DTV apparently doesn't care about.

Massive game tonight, but doesn’t start till 10 pm here in Chicago. F that, I’m asleep by 10:45 every night. So I’ll be going off the grid and not checking this site for 24 hours and staying away from all sports news. Gonna try and not find out the score till I get home from work tomorrow and then I’ll watch the game.
Good luck. I can barely get home from work without finding out the scores.

I drove down from Chicago to the Illini/‘Zona game in Champaign this year, and two takeaways:

1) Atmosphere was AWESOME. Orange Krush in Champaign for a big game is as good of an atmosphere as anywhere.

2) When they are on a roll, Arizona looks SO tough … completely without weaknesses on paper.

Thought UCLA put to bed any questions about whether they were a Final Four caliber again (they are) and Arizona still has some work to do. Arizona was rattled in both games against tough teams who play solid D (Tennessee and UCLA) and make you earn it. Will be interesting to see what changes when they play again next week. Don't think Arizona could play any worse so that's a positive I guess.

Reactions: TKBray
Thought UCLA put to bed any questions about whether they were a Final Four caliber again (they are) and Arizona still has some work to do. Arizona was rattled in both games against tough teams who play solid D (Tennessee and UCLA) and make you earn it. Will be interesting to see what changes when they play again next week. Don't think Arizona could play any worse so that's a positive I guess.

yea i was alarmed at the apparent difference in intensity between the two teams. UCLA treated the game like it was a massive conference game between two heated rivals ranked inside the top 7 and Arizona treated it like a Sunday stroll through the park.

Good luck. I can barely get home from work without finding out the scores.
I pulled it off, but I'm really good at going off the grid for sports. I have a lot of practice. And considering the teams I follow are not local to Chicago it's pretty easy for me to be able to avoid random scores. Just avoid sports radio and stay off of sports websites.

ADVERTISEMENT