ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona vs Purdue

You're showing your stripes.

giphy.gif
Pretty sure he’s a Duke fan. Which is funny, because K choked more often than not.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Pretty sure he’s a Duke fan. Which is funny, because K choked more often than not.
Every coach has "choked". Bob Knight lost to a double digit seed 4 times. Every single one was in the first round. And I loved Knight. I was an IU fan until I attended Purdue. It happens, but people that love to shit on Purdue tend to act like it's a uniquely Purdue thing.

The reality is that it's a single elimination tournament and shit happens.

Every coach has "choked". Bob Knight lost to a double digit seed 4 times. Every single one was in the first round. And I loved Knight. I was an IU fan until I attended Purdue. It happens, but people that love to shit on Purdue tend to act like it's a uniquely Purdue thing.

The reality is that it's a single elimination tournament and shit happens.

K failed to get past the 2nd round 15 times. LOL

Since everyone blows him for his titles, despite the advantage of coaching at a great school with great talent for 4 decades, then it’s also fair to point out that many coaches have far less early round failures.

If anything, Duke’s losses to the Mercers and Lehighs are more embarrassing because they generally have much more talent than a Purdue, KU, Virginia, etc.

Th
51.6% from the field, 37.5% from 3 and 87.5% from the line was an off day? I thought you guys played pretty well. Purdue just happened to show up with their A game.
That wasn’t meant to take away anything from your win. Purdue kicked our ass. But that first half was atrocious by Arizona and definitely not consistent with how they’ve played this season. Arizona was also lazy in terms of taking care of the ball and lazy on the boards so like I said, it was an off day. It happens. And when it does you get your ass kicked.

Reactions: boiler1987
That wasn’t meant to take away anything from your win. Purdue kicked our ass. But that first half was atrocious by Arizona and definitely not consistent with how they’ve played this season. Arizona was also lazy in terms of taking care of the ball and lazy on the boards so like I said, it was an off day. It happens. And when it does you get your ass kicked.
I definitely think you're right about how they took care of the ball, but I don't see how you can say the half was atrocious. Arizona was shooting 75% from 3 at the half and was at 80% from 3 at some point in the 2nd.

As far as the rebounding, I don't know what else to say other than this is what Purdue does to everyone. I know that Arizona has been the highest rebounding team in the country, but they also have barely played anyone. Purdue has played one of the toughest schedules in the country and has out rebounded everyone by a good margin. So maybe you're right and they were lazy on the boards, OR they just ran into a better rebounding team.

Reactions: F-Duke
I got Peacock, so I'm good. It should be a great game.
della, I am late to the game on this conversation because of my work scheadle, I don't set at a desk like you, so please forgive me for being late on this.
Who do you think owns Peacock? And why would they make a different platform for viewers, it couldn't money is it. And if so, you pay money. 🤣

della, I am late to the game on this conversation because of my work scheadle, I don't set at a desk like you, so please forgive me for being late on this.
Who do you think owns Peacock? And why would they make a different platform for viewers, it couldn't money is it. And if so, you pay money. 🤣
Tennessee was playing someone on Peacock (B1G) and I wanted to see it and then forgot to cancel it, so I could watch the game.

re: spending money
I do it all the time, so it's no big deal. If you think I'll fret over $10 vs missing a game I want to see, think again. You can't take it with you cd.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Tennessee was playing someone on Peacock (B1G) and I wanted to see it and then forgot to cancel it, so I could watch the game.

re: spending money
I do it all the time, so it's no big deal. If you think I'll fret over $10 vs missing a game I want to see, think again. You can't take it with you cd.
Okay, I understand your opinion, but that is what keeps them in business. 👍
I have YouTube TV that records all games that I miss, it has unlimited recordings in my library, just pick your favorite teams and it records it, or any program. But I have a Roku TV that has all kinds of free viewing, and I put up a TV antenna that we get over 40 free channels.
I guess all that I am trying to explain, is more you pay these people like peacock, the bigger they will become and others will follow.
EDIT I am old, just don't see the big pic.

Okay, I understand your opinion, but that is what keeps them in business. 👍
I have YouTube TV that records all games that I miss, it has unlimited recordings in my library, just pick your favorite teams and it records it, or any program. But I have a Roku TV that has all kinds of free viewing, and I put up a TV antenna that we get over 40 free channels.
I guess all that I am trying to explain, is more you pay these people like peacock, the bigger they will become and others will follow.
EDIT I am old, just don't see the big pic.
It really comes down to do I want to watch UT/Pur? The answer is yes.. OK, can I afford it? The answer $10 yes. Would I like it to be free? Sure But, I have to live in reality. Finally, do I find myself in a moral dilemma for buying the game? No, we will in a free society that is market driven. I ain't no Commie, so no moral delemma.

It really comes down to do I want to watch UT/Pur? The answer is yes.. OK, can I afford it? The answer $10 yes. Would I like it to be free? Sure But, I have to live in reality. Finally, do I find myself in a moral dilemma for buying the game? No, we will in a free society that is market driven. I ain't no Commie, so no moral delemma.
I don't pay for Peacock. I was at the game, however the B10 network re-aired the game later, which I already pay for. F Peacock.

Edit: My cousin let me borrow his Peacock sub the day after to watch the game again to see it from a different perspective. They had freaking commercials on the replay. Seriously, you pay for a streaming service and you have to watch commercials? They are double dipping hard. F Peacock.

I don't pay for Peacock. I was at the game, however the B10 network re-aired the game later, which I already pay for. F Peacock.

Edit: My cousin let me borrow his Peacock sub the day after to watch the game again to see it from a different perspective. They had freaking commercials on the replay. Seriously, you pay for a streaming service and you have to watch commercials? They are double dipping hard. F Peacock.
I wanted to watch the game live and $10 wasn't going to stand in my way.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Says the person that can't back anything they say with an actual argument.

BTW, that isn't what obsession looks like. You got that wrong too. Congrats.
I'm stunned he didn’t hit you with his normal bullshit line:

"You would make a great UK fan"

Lulz.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Link to anything not backed up?

Btw saw that the mods had to shut down the thread where you guys all ran to the IU board after the AZ win begging for validation and respect then turning ugly after receiving none.

You are a perfect pu fan

Link to anything not backed up?

Btw saw that the mods had to shut down the thread where you guys all ran to the IU board after the AZ win begging for validation and respect then turning ugly after receiving none.

You are a perfect pu fan
Your obsession is showing.

I've been high on Painter for more than a few seasons now.. it's clear, imo, he's a great coach. I think Purdue handcuffs him a bit, but his successes prove he's a tier (or three!) above many of his peers.
Regardless of what happened in the tourney, I'll forever find it funny what he did to a high major conference last season with baby guards.

While this isn't my favorite Painter/Boiler team, it's def a title contender.

I've been high on Painter for more than a few seasons now.. it's clear, imo, he's a great coach. I think Purdue handcuffs him a bit, but his successes prove he's a tier (or three!) above many of his peers.
Regardless of what happened in the tourney, I'll forever find it funny what he did to a high major conference last season with baby guards.

While this isn't my favorite Painter/Boiler team, it's def a title contender.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT