ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State

Conference road games are hard to win. If you get one, be thankful.
I know everyone likes to constantly say that CBB is down (I see it posted every year) but it's not, especially this year.
Duke losing at BC and ASU losing at Colorado are proof that life is really tough on the road.

Good team but too much stock was put into the KU win. Jayhawks are not what they always are at this point. If nobody gets eligible it'll be a season to forget.

Good team but too much stock was put into the KU win. Jayhawks are not what they always are at this point. If nobody gets eligible it'll be a season to forget.

I think ASU's inside game and defense is still a little suspect. But their non-conference was very impressive. In addition to the KU win, they also defeated Xavier, Kansas State, St.John's, and San Diego State. 4 of their next 6 games are at home. And they play Cal and Stanford on the road, two of the weaker Pac-12 teams. I think ASU has a very good chance at winning all 6 of those upcoming games... I'm not sold on them as a legitimate contender, but they certainly have some guards that can light it up.

Reactions: KisteK
AssU sucks!! But that mountain road trip(Colorado/Utah) is one of the toughest in the country. Playing in that elevation is not easy. Especially for teams that run and don't have a bench like AssU.

If they lose to Utah tomorrow they can kiss any chances they had at the Pac title goodbye.

They throttled Xavier too and had a good non-conference win against K-State.

Advanced metrics have always pegged them correctly. Theyre someqhere between the 15th and 25th best team in the nation, not the zomg top 5 team human polls junped them up to after they ran hot from 3 in wins over Kansas and Xavier.

They played great and are a good team. I'm saying at the time of the KU win it looked better than it was. They skyrocketed after the KU win.

P12 is just a cruel gauntlet
200.gif

Colorado may be a little better than advertised, just really young.

Advanced metrics have always pegged them correctly. Theyre someqhere between the 15th and 25th best team in the nation, not the zomg top 5 team human polls junped them up to after they ran hot from 3 in wins over Kansas and Xavier.
Advanced metrics (kenpom) have Kansas at 7.

Advanced metrics hasn't pegged them correctly.

People told me the same thing about Arizona, then Zona won 9 games in a row including beating Texas AnM, Alabama, and Arizona State.

We will see if youre correct or if the metrics are correct soon enough.

People told me the same thing about Arizona, then Zona won 9 games in a row including beating Texas AnM, Alabama, and Arizona State.

We will see if youre correct or if the metrics are correct soon enough.
At what point does kenpom stop using last season's stats? I like kenpom a lot just curious.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
At what point does kenpom stop using last season's stats? I like kenpom a lot just curious.

Dont know or care. Think that narrative is way overplayed. There is no real big difference between KenPom and other metrics like Sagarin.

You take your advanced metrics a little too seriously.

I mean they are the thermometer to college basketballs weather. You can watch a team and say it feels like 32 degrees, but if the thermometer says its 50 degrees - guess what? Its 50 degrees.

I second the question above about last year's results. I think the reasoning is that previous seasons are indicative of how the current year will be but this Kansas team is drastically different than previous versions, for example

I mean they are the thermometer to college basketballs weather. You can watch a team and say it feels like 32 degrees, but if the thermometer says its 50 degrees - guess what? Its 50 degrees.
That's fine just saying you get angry if anyone dares to question the greatness of advanced metrics. I like them but to use them exclusively and ignore what you see is a little goofy.

What did the metrics say about Duke-NC State? Winking

That's fine just saying you get angry if anyone dares to question the greatness of advanced metrics. I like them but to use them exclusively and ignore what you see is a little goofy.

Duke just lost to NC State. Guess they arent one of the best teams in your opinion(they clearly are thanks to metrics).

And sometimes the thermometer is in the sun

Duke just lost to NC State. Guess they arent one of the best teams in your opinion(they clearly are thanks to metrics).
They're not right now. They're the best offensively but just as bad defensively if not worse. They've lost 2 games to shit teams, they're not a great team right now.

Buffs just beat Zona and ASU at home, followed by UCLA on the road.

Rivals should reconsider allowing you to be a moderator on the college basketball board (as pathetic as that may be, they probably couldn't fill the void), numbnuts.
You can tell how much traffic this board gets when that is what you get as a moderator. Dumb as rocks.

Reactions: Petros Papadakis
ADVERTISEMENT