ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona Press Conference in an Hour

Heard he was toast but that's like 9th hand info so take it FWIW.

Lot of rumblings lately that ESPN jumped the gun, and have no proof that it was actually Miller on the call talking about Ayton.

I think he eventually gets shit-canned, but not today. For Cause Termination without indisputable evidence could really come back to haunt them.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I think he eventually gets shit-canned, but not today. For Cause Termination without indisputable evidence could really come back to haunt them.

Don't think SM would argue with a 10.2 million dollar buyout IF he is fired FOR CAUSE. Whatever AD wrote that up needs to rethink being an AD.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Don't think SM would argue with a 10.2 million dollar buyout IF he is fired FOR CAUSE. Whatever AD wrote that up needs to rethink being an AD.
lol, true. I read somewhere that, that was an error.

Reactions: KisteK
Is it wrong I hope it wasn't Miller on the call and all these asshats trying to break news have to eat sh*t and admit they ran with hearsay and epically effed over this guy.
That’s basically what they did to UNC. Ran with hearsay without knowing the facts of the case. Unless you want to talk about Dan Kane, he just flat out lied & made up shit.

Does Miller have a legal case against ESPN if they got it wrong?

I mean the truth will inevitably come out one way or the other in regards to the tape, Id actually be surprised that an established HC would actually get on the phone and start talking payment, so maybe he is correct. Regardless with his longtime assistant booked by the FBI for some pretty serious charges I would be hard pressed to believe that Book Richardson just went rogue. But innocent and not guilty both keep him out of jail, so Miller doubling down on his innocence is not surprising, he has nothing to lose by doing it.

Last edited:
It’s a win-win in my book.

If the story is false, ESPN deserves everything it has coming to it. This media climate where no one cares enough to check sources and just wants to rush to be first with no consequence needs to end. And it needs to cost someone a lot of money in order for that to happen - sup, Rolling Stone?

If the story is true, then damn. Miller just dug his own grave and put a remote start on the dump truck to fill it in, and it’ll be hilarious to watch the fallout.

Reactions: AZ j-hawk
UPDATE: ESPN’s not budging either, ending their story about Miller’s comments with this: “ESPN stands by its reporting on Miller and the FBI investigation.”

UPDATE (4:45PM): Sports Illustrated’s latest report seems to back up Miller’s claims:

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

UPDATE: ESPN’s not budging either, ending their story about Miller’s comments with this: “ESPN stands by its reporting on Miller and the FBI investigation.”

UPDATE (4:45PM): Sports Illustrated’s latest report seems to back up Miller’s claims:

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.
Cool, so it wasn't Ayton that they paid $100K for, it was someone else. Alkins, Markannen, Trier, all of the above?

I think ESPN got like every detail wrong. I think it was Bowen and Miller refusing to pay 100k on the recording because we had alkins and trier deciding to come back.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think ESPN got like every detail wrong. I think it was Bowen and Miller refusing to pay 100k on the recording because we had alkins and trier deciding to come back.
I for one hope they did. Sloppy ass excuse for sensational journalism. They live to talk about anything and everything except sports.

Reactions: ndesgeorges
Based on their initial report, I believe so. They've corrected their report to the point maybe that's no longer true
I don't think anyone knows what is going on. I think the FBI, media, and NCAA are all in cahoots just to stir up some news and get the money flowing.

I don't think anyone knows what is going on. I think the FBI, media, and NCAA are all in cahoots just to stir up some news and get the money flowing.
I don't know anything either lol. But the initial accusation that he paid 100k to Ayton would have gotten him charged.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I for one hope they did. Sloppy ass excuse for sensational journalism. They live to talk about anything and everything except sports.
I can't believe they haven't retracted it! They keep changing the time line which they must not realize ruins the validity of the story. It is sensational journalism at it's finest. Just admit you made a mistake before every other outlet makes you look ridiculous. Btw all this is coming from someone who believes everyone is guilty

Ya I’m sure Miller has never given anything to a recruit. Lol dude is such a clown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT