ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona needs a new coach

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Arizona has parted ways with Sean Miller. There is now a vacancy for a fairly coveted position. Apparently promoting an atmosphere of compliance will be a part of the the new coach's job duties. Weird.

So, who are the top candidates for the position?

Hiring former players seems to be all the rage now. Penny, Juwan Howard, Woodson, Hubert Davis.

Any former Zona players coaching anywhere these days?

I have always thought that Matt Painter, with the resources that he would have at Arizona, would be a great hire there.

Damon Stoudamire is coaching at Pacific right now

Looks like former walk-on Josh Pastner is up
Yeah, these might be the best candidates with ties to the program. Pastner has obviously done a lot more with coaching than Stoudamire, but playing in the NBA for 13 years comes with a lot of clout when recruiting.

There's also Luke Walton and Steve Kerr. Don't think either would leave the NBA for a rebuild job, though.

Yeah, these might be the best candidates with ties to the program. Pastner has obviously done a lot more with coaching than Stoudamire, but playing in the NBA for 13 years comes with a lot of clout when recruiting.

There's also Luke Walton and Steve Kerr. Don't think either would leave the NBA for a rebuild job, though.
Kerr is a mega-douche. It's fun watching Golden State suck ass.

Out of all the job's that opened this year, this could be the best. Following a guy that seemed to be a jerk and did an avg job at best. Good tradition, great weather, etc. It really is a perfect spot for Pastner. He hasn't done great but I'll grant he's gotten better. He may be kind of lame but he seems to be a good guy.

Out of all the job's that opened this year, this could be the best. Following a guy that seemed to be a jerk and did an avg job at best. Good tradition, great weather, etc. It really is a perfect spot for Pastner. He hasn't done great but I'll grant he's gotten better. He may be kind of lame but he seems to be a good guy.

He’s an alumn and already has experience coaching teams in NCAA hot water. Both Memphis and Ga Tech.

Yeah, and it's never about basketball.
Eh, sounds like you just don't like what he has to say. Plenty of people like him just fine and he is well respected by his players and peers. I will say, he is lucky that he was on that 97 Bulls team, no way he is where he is today without that moment

Eh, sounds like you just don't like what he has to say. Plenty of people like him just fine and he is well respected by his players and peers. I will say, he is lucky that he was on that 97 Bulls team, no way he is where he is today without that moment
I don't like what he has to say, but that's not pertinent anyway. He's a basketball coach that uses press conferences as a platform to blabber about political nonsense.

I also thought his little speech for the '97 Bulls championship celebration was legendary. Great moment.

Reactions: duckboy33
The good news for Arizona is that the NCAA will totally forgive a school who committed violations, but has fired their coach. No bans/probation or stripped title/games. LoLoLoL!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT