ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert

MFarrell

Rivals.com National Columnist on all things footba
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2001
Broad Brook, CT
www.rivals.com
Is not back at LSU with the other players getting ready for summer workouts as I expected. This is interesting and now UGA and Tennessee are back in the mix. This never ends.

GA will accept just about anyone...first it was George Pickens who could not even get into Auburn, but somehow gets into GA, a much tougher academic school. Then the saga of homegrown talent in Justin Fields....then they go and get the kid from Clemson with off the field issues. Now, the biggest head case of all of them...Arik Gilbert...all so Kirby can say he is loading up with 5 stars...the only problem now is for Kirby to get these kids to play football without getting into trouble and developing them.. only time will tell...

Reactions: FRED396
GA will accept just about anyone...first it was George Pickens who could not even get into Auburn, but somehow gets into GA, a much tougher academic school. Then the saga of homegrown talent in Justin Fields....then they go and get the kid from Clemson with off the field issues. Now, the biggest head case of all of them...Arik Gilbert...all so Kirby can say he is loading up with 5 stars...the only problem now is for Kirby to get these kids to play football without getting into trouble and developing them.. only time will tell...
A little bit of sour grapes there. On Kendrick, the charges were dropped and Dabo had nothing but nice things to say about him. On Gilbert, LSU is a cultural train wreck. UGA was Gilbert's second choice out of high school, but like many 18 year olds, he chose to go against the wishes of his family and everyone in the state of Georgia by going to LSU. He has matured a little and come back to where he knew he should be all along. Regarding grades, he has been taking online classes and just needs to pass his "Maymester" classes to be on track. You and I both know that Alabama would have taken him in a heartbeat.

A little bit of sour grapes there. On Kendrick, the charges were dropped and Dabo had nothing but nice things to say about him. On Gilbert, LSU is a cultural train wreck. UGA was Gilbert's second choice out of high school, but like many 18 year olds, he chose to go against the wishes of his family and everyone in the state of Georgia by going to LSU. He has matured a little and come back to where he knew he should be all along. Regarding grades, he has been taking online classes and just needs to pass his "Maymester" classes to be on track. You and I both know that Alabama would have taken him in a heartbeat.
I still want to know how Pickens got in...there is nothing sour about my post...if a player does not want to play for Saban...so be it....it is tough sledding at BAMA, and the player must have the desire to work hard....if not, the player can go elsewhere...

LSU is a cultural train wreck? Your reaching to justify Gilbert. The dude is a mental case.

Reactions: FRED396
Nice try on Kendrick. Dude is a time bomb. Hope it works out, but he's anything but a "good kid".

On Kendrick and Gilbert, time will tell. 1. I trust Kirby Smart to NOT bring disruptive forces onto what is already a championship capable team. 2. Another year's maturity and almost seeing their NFL $$$ go up in flames has a way of focusing you. 3. I suspect that the leash is short on both players.

On Kendrick and Gilbert, time will tell. 1. I trust Kirby Smart to NOT bring disruptive forces onto what is already a championship capable team. 2. Another year's maturity and almost seeing their NFL $$$ go up in flames has a way of focusing you. 3. I suspect that the leash is short on both players.
I think both will be model citizens

Reactions: UGAly
I still want to know how Pickens got in...there is nothing sour about my post...if a player does not want to play for Saban...so be it....it is tough sledding at BAMA, and the player must have the desire to work hard....if not, the player can go elsewhere...
So now what is it?, If you're smart you go to Bama and work hard or hit the road? He! He!

GettyImages-1363936901-775x465.jpg

Reactions: quaid1983
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT