ADVERTISEMENT

Are you gonna watch the liftoff?

Nope. A complete waste of taxpayer money. We are living in space ever, so lets get rid of the idiotic NASA program.

Reading “The day after Roswell” by Lt Colonel Phillip Corso. Interesting stuff. Corso was connected to some powerful military people during his career. Eisenhower, McAurthur, General Trudeau.

Nope. A complete waste of taxpayer money. We are living in space ever, so lets get rid of the idiotic NASA program.
Are you implying that it's a waste of time and money to continue any type of space exploration? And are you also trying to say that humans will never live in space or anywhere other than this planet? I feel like your second sentence got autocorrected and wasn't fixed.

tenor.gif

Are you implying that it's a waste of time and money to continue any type of space exploration? And are you also trying to say that humans will never live in space or anywhere other than this planet? I feel like your second sentence got autocorrected and wasn't fixed.
Yes and Yes.

Every dollar invested in NASA has returned $21 into the economy. I'd say that's a damn good investment beyond the human need for exploration.

Every dollar invested in NASA has returned $21 into the economy. I'd say that's a damn good investment beyond the human need for exploration.
Can you share the data on this? Would love to read about it.

Why should we spend billions and billions of dollars on space exploration. What has come out of it in the last 60 years. IMO, it is a complete waste of money.

Lol. So the US should have sat by passively while Russia gained control of space on all things that orbit the earth? We would all likely be speaking Russian right now. As far as NASA goes...the military was in control of the US space program in the late 50’s. It was a disaster. One rocket launch rose a few feet and exploded. The space program took off after it was given over to the civilian sector. We went from watching Russia’s success to surpassing them in a few years.
Open your eyes. There are things that are happening/ have happened that we know little about. Things that just quickly showed up. Night vision, lasers, integrated micro-circuits, etc... Did you know that Reagan’s Star Wars program achieved quite a bit of success? I’ll just leave it at that.

Lol. So the US should have sat by passively while Russia gained control of space on all things that orbit the earth? We would all likely be speaking Russian right now. As far as NASA goes...the military was in control of the US space program in the late 50’s. It was a disaster. One rocket launch rose a few feet and exploded. The space program took off after it was given over to the civilian sector. We went from watching Russia’s success to surpassing them in a few years.
Open your eyes. There are things that are happening/ have happened that we know little about. Things that just quickly showed up. Night vision, lasers, integrated micro-circuits, etc... Did you know that Reagan’s Star Wars program achieved quite a bit of success? I’ll just leave it at that.
So Russia gained control of space. So what. Again, prove to me it is worth sending people to the moon or trying to find water on Mars or some of the other silly things and I will be a believer. Until then, we are having enough difficulty on earth.

So Russia gained control of space. So what. Again, prove to me it is worth sending people to the moon or trying to find water on Mars or some of the other silly things and I will be a believer. Until then, we are having enough difficulty on earth.

Use your brain. If Russia has control of space and all things in earth’s orbit, what do you think they’re going to put in orbit??? What kind of hell are they going to be able to rain down anywhere in the world? Come on man.

Yea if nothing else look at all the advances made as far as satellites are concerned.

But on the other hand, I can see why people think sending unmanned spacecraft to Mars that are like 3-4 year missions to collect rock samples and stuff would seem kind of worthless. But I’m not up to speed on all the advances the space program/NASA has provided the general public over the years. Plus if nothing else it employs thousands if not tens of thousands of people.

Im just glad they got in with Space X, so Elon Musks crazy rich ass can help pay the bills (if it even works like that). How did the launch turn out? And what’s their “mission” per say. I found it interesting they can supposedly land the rocket and reuse it when I watched a bit of the show before the actual launch. Did everything go as planned with the launch. We’re they able to land the rocket like they had planned to?

You sound like someone who doesn’t know how our modern communications, satellites, weather forecasting, or foreign intelligence works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT