ADVERTISEMENT

Are there worse people than those found in airports?

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
I am a firm believer that some of the worst mannered people frequent airports. Had to put my hand on a guys chest trying to zoom past our row while deboarding...just so he could move up in front of 2 elderly people and my wife. Not to mention every asshole that stands up right as the seatbelt sign goes off so they can keep their loins right at eye level for those smart enough to know it'll be 10-15 minutes before anyone moves a muscle. The GD herd mentality when its time to board. Everyone crowds in like cattle to get on a plane----that has ASSIGNED seats. As they call group 1-2-3-4.....you just have to have the inconsiderate dolts stand right in front, well knowing its not their turn. Its like people lose their minds. I could go on and on, but I challenge anyone to find a collection of people worse.

Much worse.......

greyhoundday600.jpg

Always lol right when he plan stops and people rip their seatbelts off and get in the aisle. Sure some prolly have connecting flights they need to get to but most just suck.

Reactions: speedfrk
Always lol right when he plan stops and people rip their seatbelts off and get in the aisle. Sure some prolly have connecting flights they need to get to but most just suck.
I was on a flight where the crew specifically directed everyone to remain seated sans 5 people in the back so they could hustle them out for their connection. Literally the easiest instructions to follow. They were clear and simple. Ended in a shouting match b/c 30 people stood up and just wouldn't move and you had these people in the back pleading to let them thru. Took like 5 extra minutes to get all the dumbshits to sit back down with verbal shaming. I looked a guy dead in the eye about 3 rows up that was standing just acting like nothing was happening around him----and was like wtf are you doing sit down!!!! It was like he looked straight thru me. Rage meter was at an all time high----had to restrain myself from verbally unleashing on him once we got off the plane.

People in general are stupid and self absorbed. Combine that with roughly 30% are traveling for the first time and maybe 50% of everyone has some anxiety around flying. Mix in over-priced seats, delays, bag fees, and shitty/underpaid employees and you’ve got a recipe for a shit sandwich

I did it once just to see what it was like (stand in aisle ASAP after landing). It feels as dumb as it looks lol
I love the people that cant actually make it into the aisle but still stand hunched forward b/c the overhead bin is there. Next time i'm just going to swing my legs out there and take up space----see what happens.

I am a firm believer that some of the worst mannered people frequent airports. Had to put my hand on a guys chest trying to zoom past our row while deboarding...just so he could move up in front of 2 elderly people and my wife. Not to mention every asshole that stands up right as the seatbelt sign goes off so they can keep their loins right at eye level for those smart enough to know it'll be 10-15 minutes before anyone moves a muscle. The GD herd mentality when its time to board. Everyone crowds in like cattle to get on a plane----that has ASSIGNED seats. As they call group 1-2-3-4.....you just have to have the inconsiderate dolts stand right in front, well knowing its not their turn. Its like people lose their minds. I could go on and on, but I challenge anyone to find a collection of people worse.

Amen.

The more budget the airline, the worse manners - and more children - too.

Like, if the plane is late, and you’ve got 20 minutes to make your connection, I get it. But most of the time, it’s just people being inconsiderate assholes. Good on you for punking one out.

When it comes time to board, anyone with a carryon does rightfully want to get on ASAP so they don't risk having to check their carry on. For business travelers, typically their carry on is all they have with them and if they don't have to check it they skip baggage claim.

For the aisle, my guess is after being cramped on a sardine can for hours, the thought of standing freely is just too much to pass up for some people.

I wont disagree with the overall premise, however those two things I can kind of get why they happen.

... snipped ...

For the aisle, my guess is after being cramped on a sardine can for hours, the thought of standing freely is just too much to pass up for some people.

... snipped ...

I am one of those people who gets up once the seat belt sign goes off. 99% of the time it is exactly the reason you stated. I am simply sick of sitting there in an airplane seat. I also view it as considerate to my fellow deplaning passengers to be ready to go when the plane has emptied to my aisle.

One of the other reasons I do it is simply to be in the way of people who try to push their way through before it is their turn. I almost always let the people in my row leave before I do to prevent some asshat from the line from trying to exit while another person is simply trying to extract themselves from the window seat of my row.

As I write this I am on my 4th of 5 flights this week. I've probably been on 1500+ flights in my life. For the most part people are pretty reasonable and follow social norms. But it only takes one moron who thinks they are more important than everyone else to make the simple front to back exit process go less than smoothly.

I've been on flights like described above where an announcement was made to wait until a few passengers with tight connections had a chance to exit before getting up. Most people comply but there are always a few who aren't paying attention or who think the rules don't apply to them.

I've also see a lot more of this at boarding time where people don't want to board when they are assigned or they try to sneak in the line because it is long and act surprised when you call them on it. The race to get overhead bin space is largely to blame for this due to the airlines charging for checked bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayhawker332
I am one of those people who gets up once the seat belt sign goes off 99% of the time it is exactly the reason you stated. I am simply sick of sitting there in an airplane seat. I also view it as considerate to my fellow deplaning passengers to be ready to go when the plane has emptied to my aisle.

One of the other reasons I do it is simply to be in the way of people who try to push their way through before it is their turn. I almost always let the people in my row leave before I do to prevent some asshat from the line tryng to exit while another person is simply trying to extract themselves from the window seat of my row.

As I write this I am on my 4th of 5 flights this week. I've probably been on 1500+ flights in my life. For the most part people are pretty reasonable and follow social norms It only takes one moron who thinks they are more important than everyone else to make the simple front to back exit process go smoothly.

I've been on flights like described above where an announcement was made to wait until a few passengers with tight connections had a chance to exit before getting up. Most people comply but there are always a few who aren't paying attention or who think the rules don't apply to them.

I've also see a lot more of this at boarding time where people don't want to board when they are assigned or they try to sneak in the line because it is long and act surprised when you call them on it. The race to get overhead bin space is largely to blame for this due to the airlines charging for checked bags.
You described legitimate reasons. Ill allow it. Particularly creating a road block for d smacks.

I was on a flight where the crew specifically directed everyone to remain seated sans 5 people in the back so they could hustle them out for their connection. Literally the easiest instructions to follow. They were clear and simple. Ended in a shouting match b/c 30 people stood up and just wouldn't move and you had these people in the back pleading to let them thru. Took like 5 extra minutes to get all the dumbshits to sit back down with verbal shaming. I looked a guy dead in the eye about 3 rows up that was standing just acting like nothing was happening around him----and was like wtf are you doing sit down!!!! It was like he looked straight thru me. Rage meter was at an all time high----had to restrain myself from verbally unleashing on him once we got off the plane.

This shit happens all the time. For some reason people get on a plane and lose all sense of common courtesy

The worst is baggage claim. Everyone stands up against the rail looking for their baggage and make it impossible for people who actually see theirs to grab it.

Wtf wouldnt everyone stand back 10 feet and then grab stuff as they see it?

About to spend a solid 9 hours in the airport(s) today. Not looking forward to it.

I fly southwest out of midland because it’s much cheaper than any other option. Since there is no assigned seating you have to get into line once they start boarding. If you wait on it you end up with a middle seat and I’m not ever having that. Because of that I always pay the $15 per flight upgrade for the chance to do the early bird check in. This means I always get a prime seat and board with the A group or the beginning of the B group. If you’re ever traveling with somebody else it’s good idea to take an aisle and a window seat when you both board. This makes other passengers think that there’s only a middle seat available so they usually continue on in hopes of finding an aisle or window spot. On flights that aren’t fully booked it will work and you two will get the whole row to yourselves.

Reactions: ZonaCat2301
The worst is baggage claim. Everyone stands up against the rail looking for their baggage and make it impossible for people who actually see theirs to grab it.

Wtf wouldnt everyone stand back 10 feet and then grab stuff as they see it?

People still do baggage claim. The ONLY time, and I admit the ONLY time this is used...is for my clubs or snowboard. And even then Im thinking, "can I rent? I should rent. I cant rent. Can I?"

Lol regardless...this thread is spot on. I really love the d-bags with 3 carry ons, the losers who literally talk (not text, talk) on their phone til about 4 seconds before wheels up, and the clowns who use the bathroom for 22 minutes of a 41 minute flight. Ugh...such a study in horrible social behavior.

I’ve seen this happen more than once. It’s amazing how many people will stand up and ruin the instructions that ask them to please be polite.

People in general are stupid and self absorbed. Combine that with roughly 30% are traveling for the first time and maybe 50% of everyone has some anxiety around flying. Mix in over-priced seats, delays, bag fees, and shitty/underpaid employees and you’ve got a recipe for a shit sandwich
These people shouldn't be allowed to fly. Same thing with people who get anxiety driving to work in rush hour traffic.

I witnessed some girls learn an important life lesson last night. There was about 6 teenage girls traveling together and they were all in the last few rows of the plane. When we got to the gate after our flight they all started walking up the aisle ahead of people and made it about 5 rows before a woman stopped them. She said to them we know you girls are young and don’t know any better but it is considered incredibly rude to try and de-board the plane before the rows in front of you have had their chance. They looked ashamed and said sorry. Everybody close by that witnessed it appeared to be very proud of that lady.

I witnessed some girls learn an important life lesson last night. There was about 6 teenage girls traveling together and they were all in the last few rows of the plane. When we got to the gate after our flight they all started walking up the aisle ahead of people and made it about 5 rows before a woman stopped them. She said to them we know you girls are young and don’t know any better but it is considered incredibly rude to try and de-board the plane before the rows in front of you have had their chance. They looked ashamed and said sorry. Everybody close by that witnessed it appeared to be very proud of that lady.
I did something like that once, maybe a little less subtle. We were deplaning in Beijing and I think it’s was a 777, so they had us getting to the door from 2 different queues. I’m generally very polite and I let a couple of old ladies go in front of me. I started to step forward and a man zipped past me followed by a younger guy. I kind of hip checked the second guy Andy sent him hard into thr galley area against the wall. Between being a big guy and carrying a suitcase and backpack, I had to be over 300lbs. He bowed and apologized profusely. It was very satisfying.

The people who make internet spambots. Just below pedophiles, toll booth operators, serial rapists, and Louisville fans line-beards.

People still do baggage claim. The ONLY time, and I admit the ONLY time this is used...is for my clubs or snowboard. And even then Im thinking, "can I rent? I should rent. I cant rent. Can I?"

Lol regardless...this thread is spot on. I really love the d-bags with 3 carry ons, the losers who literally talk (not text, talk) on their phone til about 4 seconds before wheels up, and the clowns who use the bathroom for 22 minutes of a 41 minute flight. Ugh...such a study in horrible social behavior.

I hate the people with their 3 cartons that hog the overhead bin with their backpack, purse, coat etc instead of putting it under the seat.

Horrible people

I stand up as soon as I can at seat, because I'm somewhat tall and it is much more comfortable to stand. I don't try and push into the isle or make my way off the plane before everyone in front of me has left their seat though.

ADVERTISEMENT