ADVERTISEMENT

are the 1 n done really worth it

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
they come in for one year and then they are gone. which mean you have to get another one n done player, to keep any momentum that you may have gotten. or on the flip side they come in and rips the guts out the program by leaving like they did.

me I prefer the 4* between #45 and above that will stay 3-4 years, preferably 4 years, that way after 4 years the team can make a major run. then it will be easier to replace the SR's as you should have other 4* players that can step in to replace the outgoing players.

opinions

Without doing any research, I have to question how long the 4* players in the range you're referencing are staying at the same school without transferring or turning pro themselves. That transfer portal seems to be grande?

The other issue/question is, are the "successful" players you could probably list in this ranking range carrying your team, or are they support cast for highly rated guys on the team you gotta have to win big that are playing 1-2 years?

Would be interesting to evaluate the rotations of the last 3 FFs or even expanded to last 3 E8/SS rosters to see what good/great teams rotations looked like.

Any system can probably be effective if run by a top coach. I do miss the days of following a player for 3-4 years and watching the process.

they come in for one year and then they are gone. which mean you have to get another one n done player, to keep any momentum that you may have gotten. or on the flip side they come in and rips the guts out the program by leaving like they did.

me I prefer the 4* between #45 and above that will stay 3-4 years, preferably 4 years, that way after 4 years the team can make a major run. then it will be easier to replace the SR's as you should have other 4* players that can step in to replace the outgoing players.

opinions

Thankfully Iowa doesn't need to decide between taking a 5* or not

opinions
I loved it when they were all coming to UK, win or lose it was always exciting. Since they now sign across several schools, it seems like there are no winners at it anymore. I like a more balanced team of upperclassmen and a star frosh or 2.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Without doing any research, I have to question how long the 4* players in the range you're referencing are staying at the same school without transferring or turning pro themselves. That transfer portal seems to be grande?

The other issue/question is, are the "successful" players you could probably list in this ranking range carrying your team, or are they support cast for highly rated guys on the team you gotta have to win big that are playing 1-2 years?

Would be interesting to evaluate the rotations of the last 3 FFs or even expanded to last 3 E8/SS rosters to see what good/great teams rotations looked like.

Any system can probably be effective if run by a top coach. I do miss the days of following a player for 3-4 years and watching the process.
in Iowa case Garza the BT POY and 1st Team AA was #100 4* by ESPN and just outside Rivals top 100 4. if he comes back he will put Iowa into position to make the FF.

he will have these as starters
WG RSJR Connor McCaffrey 4* top 100 by ESPN and 4* outside Rival top 100
WG JR Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN and #42 overall 4* by Rivals
SG RSSR Bohannon 4* outside ESPN top 100 and 3* not even a top 150 by Rivals
PG SO Toussaint 4* outsider ESPN's top 100 not even a top 150 by Rivals

off theb bench
F RSFR Patrick McCaffrey 4* top 100 by ESPN and Rival
PG FR Ulis grade 77 by ESPN 4* just outside Rivals top 100.

all these are in the 3-4 year range.

now if Garza chooses to go pro Iowa's chance at a FF go down tremendously.

Thankfully Iowa doesn't need to decide between taking a 5* or not
don't think Fran is worried about getting a 5* as Iowa with Garza is in a pretty good position to reach the FF this upcoming season.

but why don't YOU tell us again about Teske was supposed to be the best center in the BT.

Buddy if there’s one thing You have made certain, it’s that every poster on here knows Iowa’s entire roster, where they are from, and where they were rated by each rating system.

I imagine it’s hard for most any coach to turn down a player talented enough to be a one and done, regardless. I’m sure there are outliers and kids with question marks that schools have passed on before. But all things being equal, I think you take the best player you can get regardless of how long they will be in school.

Buddy if there’s one thing You have made certain, it’s that every poster on here knows Iowa’s entire roster, where they are from, and where they were rated by each rating system.
If you subscribe to the Big Ten thread Gil can tell you when they lost the virginity to a farm animal. And for just a low price of $9.99 a month he can tell you how small their dick is.

opinions
lol Iowa

in Iowa case Garza the BT POY and 1st Team AA was #100 4* by ESPN and just outside Rivals top 100 4. if he comes back he will put Iowa into position to make the FF.

off theb bench

Fran had a BTPOY and still couldn't sweep Howard in Howard's first year?

I like it when FSU has both. Like this past year. And this coming year.

Give me the one and done wing/forward and the junior/senior backcourt.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
As a response to the 4* theory, it’s hard to predict who will jump early nowadays. It’s not just the surefire stars. Syracuse has routinely had 4* recruits bail for the NBA after year 2. Even the ones ranked on the lower end. Year 1 in a couple cases.

Fran had a BTPOY and still couldn't sweep Howard in Howard's first year?

yeah just like how losing a player to injury cost Michigan the BT Championship, oh wait only Michigan can use the injury excuse. of course the fact that Iowa was short 2 starters for the majority of the BT season should have not had any affect on what happened in BT play. hmm
a SR in JBo and replaced him with FR Toussaint at the PG spot, Fran should have won the BT in a runaway fashion. being down to 6 scholarship players at one point during the season and 8 at the other times. the rest were walk on's, HOW many walk on's did Howard use, during the season?

alway's the hypocrite. as only you can use the injury excuse for the wolverines lack of success,

yeah just like how losing a player to injury cost Michigan the BT Championship, oh wait only Michigan can use the injury excuse. of course the fact that Iowa was short 2 starters for the majority of the BT season should have not had any affect on what happened in BT play. hmm
a SR in JBo and replaced him with FR Toussaint at the PG spot, Fran should have won the BT in a runaway fashion. being down to 6 scholarship players at one point during the season and 8 at the other times. the rest were walk on's, HOW many walk on's did Howard use, during the season?

alway's the hypocrite. as only you can use the injury excuse for the wolverines lack of success,

1-1

opinions
If a coach turns down a player good enough to go pro in one year, then the coach should be fired. That is my opinion.

If a coach turns down a player good enough to go pro in one year, then the coach should be fired. That is my opinion.
this has nothing to do with what a coach will or won't do. this is more about are they were the trouble of getting,

Fran in the 23 class has his best chance of landing a 5* player. in Omaha Beliew who by one service in their early rating rate him the 4th best player in his class. Fran offered him as a 8th grader. sits pretty good with him. his youngest son plays on the same AAU team during the summer that last few seasons as they started in 5th grade.

off theb bench

You do this every year.

Look, Iowa is not going to the FF in 20/21, your guard play isn’t good enough. Garza is awesome, but you win with guards.

Reactions: BrewHawk
this has nothing to do with what a coach will or won't do. this is more about are they were the trouble of getting,

Fran in the 23 class has his best chance of landing a 5* player. in Omaha Beliew who by one service in their early rating rate him the 4th best player in his class. Fran offered him as a 8th grader. sits pretty good with him. his youngest son plays on the same AAU team during the summer that last few seasons as they started in 5th grade.
It's worth it if you can get top ten 5* kids.
If you get kids outside the top 10, you end up with projects that take all year to develop, then they leave.

But if you have a shot at a John Wall, Anthony Davis, RJ Barrett or Zion, you freaking take him.

If you get kids outside the top 10, you end up with projects that take all year to develop, then they leave.

But if you have a shot at a John Wall, Anthony Davis, RJ Barrett or Zion, you freaking take him.
just know that Fran won't even look at a player looking for money. look at Duke and what's happening. that makes my question a little more important one and more to the point.

just know that Fran won't even look at a player looking for money. look at Duke and what's happening. that makes my question a little more important one and more to the point.
Nothing is happening to duke. There are accusations, but nothing is happening.
Same with Anthony Davis. People say this or that, but that doesn't make it true.

That’s a false statement.

Example:
KYJeff1 said: @dragonhawk1855 robbed a bank at gunpoint in Davenport yesterday.

Is that true? It's smoke, that's for sure, but the fire is fake.
no that is not smoke that's a rumor. what's going on at Duke is not a rumor not with lawyers getting involved in the investigation.

your definition is not even close to even fantasy level.

The
no that is not smoke that's a rumor. what's going on at Duke is not a rumor not with lawyers getting involved in the investigation.

your definition is not even close to even fantasy level.
It's a rumor until it's proven. They said Anthony Davis took $200,000.00 to go to UK. A media member printed that piece without fact checking a single thing.

Rumor or not, it’s still smoke.

I know that the shoe companies have a lot of $$$$$ and will make this go away. somebody is going to win the lottery out of this. then it will get swept under the rug like it is when a blue blood is involved. some mid major will get hammered just to teach the blue bloods a lesson. just like the NCAA always does.

how long ago was Indiana in the FF?

and what happened when Indiana got a 1 n done? how did that FF go?

Ok I love making fun of IU as much as the next guy but seriously... Final Four smack talk from Iowa? That's rich. George Mason a Final Four more recent than your last appearance by over 20 years. Laughing

Not all the way true.

NBA drafts on upside.

Some of what you said is correct. You would want a player who can impact the game at a high level.
Not all one and dones are like that. Some are still very raw.

Anthony Davis has been by far the best in the last 10+ years.
He impacted the game on so many levels.

Not all the way true.

NBA drafts on upside.

Some of what you said is correct. You would want a player who can impact the game at a high level.
Not all one and dones are like that. Some are still very raw.

Anthony Davis has been by far the best in the last 10+ years.
He impacted the game on so many levels.
So tell me what I said that wasn't true. UK has been living the one-and-done thing for ten years. With the exception of Tyler Herro and Shai Alexander, most of the kids ranked outside the top 10 lack polish. Calipari sticks with them, win or lose, until they get it.

Yes, the NBA drafts on potential, but the discussion isn’t about the NBA, it’s about college basketball.

Also, I think Zion made a bigger impact than Davis did. Maybe it's an ESPN thing, IDK, but anytime duke was on, there was a split screen showing Zion's every nose pick. AD never got that treatment. But Zion was electric, kid was a beast in college. I have no idea how duke didn’t make the FF with him, Barrett, Reddish and Jones.

I know that the shoe companies have a lot of $$$$$ and will make this go away. somebody is going to win the lottery out of this. then it will get swept under the rug like it is when a blue blood is involved. some mid major will get hammered just to teach the blue bloods a lesson. just like the NCAA always does.
When you say "mid major", are you referring to Kansas, LSU, Arizona, Maryland and Louisville?

When you say "mid major", are you referring to Kansas, LSU, Arizona, Maryland and Louisville?
has anything really happened to the schools you listed. just look at the past schools that got hit with major sanctions. they were all teams that had no prestige.

the one that got hit with the death penalty was SMU and the saying was SMU got the DP to teach Texas and TA&M a lesson.

the DP is still there and its about time they start using it no matter who they are.

has anything really happened to the schools you listed. just look at the past schools that got hit with major sanctions. they were all teams that had no prestige.

the one that got hit with the death penalty was SMU and the saying was SMU got the DP to teach Texas and TA&M a lesson.

the DP is still there and its about time they start using it no matter who they are.
This is different. Those schools I listed are in big trouble.

Also, you should know that Louisville has already been severely punished. They lost a final four and a title all because they provided some strippers, which is nothing compared to this Adidas thing.

This is different. Those schools I listed are in big trouble.

Also, you should know that Louisville has already been severely punished. They lost a final four and a title all because they provided some strippers, which is nothing compared to this Adidas thing.
that's not being punished that's a slap on the wrist, getting punished = getting banned for X # of years, loss of scholarships and put on probation.

severely punished RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT