10 Villanova

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

2 Kentucky Teams in the Top 4
ACC not their typical showing
Big 10 getting about as much credit as they deserve

Any posers?
UF maybe
Seton Hall without Powell - darn good with him

ACC not their typical showing? I counted 4 ACC teams in the top 10. Unless you didn’t mean to type that

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy
By Conference:

SEC:
Kentucky (1st nationally)
Florida (15th nationally)
Auburn (22nd nationally)
LSU (23rd nationally)
Tennessee (RV)
Missouri (RV)
Arkansas (RV)
Mississippi State (RV)

ACC:
Duke (2nd nationally)
Louisville (4th nationally)
North Carolina (6th nationally)
Virginia (9th nationally)
Florida State (RV)

Big Ten:
Michigan State (3rd nationally)
Maryland (7th nationally)
Ohio State (16th nationally)
Purdue (RV)

Big 12:
Kansas (5th nationally)
Texas Tech (11th nationally)
Baylor (24th nationally)
Texas (RV)

WCC:
Gonzaga (8th nationally)
St. Mary's (18th nationally)

Big East:
Villanova (10th nationally)
Seton Hall (12th nationally)
Xavier (21st nationally)
Marquette (RV)
Providence (RV)
Georgetown (RV)
Creighton (RV)

AAC:
Memphis (13th nationally)
Houston (RV)

PAC 12:
Oregon (14th nationally)
Arizona (19th nationally)
Washington (20th nationally)
Colorado (25th nationally)
Utah (RV)

MWC:
Utah State (17th nationally)
San Diego State (RV)

A10:
VCU (RV)
Dayton (RV)

Atlantic Sun:
Liberty (RV)

American East:
Vermont (RV)

They haven't been tested.
Too young.

I disagree with both statements. Illinois isn't what I would call a top 15 team, but many see them as a likely tournament team. They have several talented players. Also, look at Arizona's rotation. Yes, the top 3 players are freshmen. But the next four guys in the lineup are all 5th-year seniors. Max Hazzard, Dylan Smith, Stone Gettings, and Chase Jeter. It's a nice mixture of young talent and quality veterans.

Reactions: KisteK
If anything, I'd say Arizona is underrated.
As long as Shawn Miller is their coach, they're overrated if they're ranked.
I don't know what he does in practice with all his talent, but they always look uncoached, lazy and vanilla.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I disagree with both statements. Illinois isn't what I would call a top 15 team, but many see them as a likely tournament team. They have several talented players. Also, look at Arizona's rotation. Yes, the top 3 players are freshmen. But the next four guys in the lineup are all 5th-year seniors. Max Hazzard, Dylan Smith, Stone Gettings, and Chase Jeter. It's a nice mixture of young talent and quality veterans.

They are still a young team and a win over Illinois doesn't mean much.

For now they are overrated.

fake news I mean where is or why is not ISU in the top 10 and Iowa not getting vote what's this world coming to

:p my best sarcasm indicator.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What evidence do you have for this statement? A couple blowouts of no names for Louisville?

The polls are just people’s opinions, my opinion is that Louisville has the better team. There is no evidence outside of opinions that says that I’m wrong.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I mean no, it’s just a broad statement to make after 2 games, one of which for MSU was against an elite team. Louisville hasn’t played anyone. The Cards could be better but 2 games isn’t going to tell you much of anything considering the competition

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I might consider UL's front court to be on par with Michigan State's front court, but when it comes to the back court, it's not close. UL has nobody close to Winston and if they get Langford back, the separation grows a lot more.

Plus, MSU may have lost more, but they went to the FF, UL lost in round 1 I believe.

Reactions: JC for 3
I might consider UL's front court to be on par with Michigan State's front court, but when it comes to the back court, it's not close. UL has nobody close to Winston and if they get Langford back, the separation grows a lot more.

It would be funny watching UL's backcourt get a shot off.

Yeah, no doubt.
I mean UL's back court is good, no doubt, but there's a large gap between good and elite.

The great news is it doesn't have to be a hypothetical. They're actually going to play. Soon. I hope UL...both teams are fully healthy.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Two teams that return very similar talent from last year, but MSU lost more and gained less than we did imo.
Louisville got knocked out in the First round and MSU went to the Final Four. They lost and gained similar amounts, which is why MSU was consistently ranked higher going into the year.

I love these week 1 hot takes

Not as long as Sean Miller is their coach. There aren't many that do less with more. He was much better doing more with less (Xavier).

He has had four 30 win seasons and three Elite 8's. I'm not saying this Arizona team is Final Four bound. The #19 ranking in the AP Poll just seems a little low given the talent and factoring in how well they played against Illinois.

I wasn't trying to dis UNC, just the early eye test. A lot can change between week 2 and March.
Curious about your early season eye test.
UNC has 4 players injured, including one starter.
They beat a Notre Dame team that was projected to finish anywhere from 5th to 7th in the ACC by double digits & won a game they were supposed to by 16.
Not really seeing where those two games would make you say they’re overrated.

Saint Mary's defeated Wisconsin last week... and followed that up with a loss to Winthrop on their home floor. Yikes.

Reactions: Quavarius
Louisville got knocked out in the First round and MSU went to the Final Four. They lost and gained similar amounts, which is why MSU was consistently ranked higher going into the year.

I love these week 1 hot takes

Wow you guys lost to a first round exit, yikes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT