Duke (1st-12th)
Louisville (1st-13th)
Kentucky (1st-19th)
Baylor (1st-24th)
Maryland (3rd-17th)
Oregon (4th-17th)
Auburn (4th-24th)
Villanova (8th-23rd)

The first poll means jack. Just a bunch of guesses. If a team like Dayton entered the poll in the 3rd week and never left the poll, that’s every bit as impressive.

Reactions: Original_Irish
The first poll means jack. Just a bunch of guesses. If a team like Dayton entered the poll in the 3rd week and never left the poll, that’s every bit as impressive.

Yes, it was Dayton that you had in mind Laughing

Anyways, the teams that stayed in the top 25 after they first entered it:

Dayton (3rd-20th)
Florida State (4th-21st)
San Diego State (4th-25th)
BYU (14th-23rd)
Houston (20-25th)

Yes, it was Dayton that you had in mind Laughing

Anyways, the teams that stayed in the top 25 after they first entered it:

Dayton (3rd-20th)
Florida State (4th-21st)
San Diego State (4th-25th)
BYU (14th-23rd)
Houston (20-25th)

Those teams, added to your original list, is a pretty good summation of the contenders this year.

BYU played extremely well with Childs in the lineup. And yeah, Dayton was a legit contender.

Those teams, added to your original list, is a pretty good summation of the contenders this year.

BYU played extremely well with Childs in the lineup. And yeah, Dayton was a legit contender.

Houston is the only that doesn't belong. They entered the top 25 late and never got above 20.

Reactions: GE Nole
Houston is the only that doesn't belong. They entered the top 25 late and never got above 20.

Agreed. That’s why my original statement was about Dayton (despite your sassiness). Because I was thinking more about teams that made enough noise in the first month-ish to join the top 25 (basically, clear oversights by the preseason poll) and then stayed in there the entire rest of the season.

Was there another team that was ranked #1 who went unranked at some point besides my Spartans? We finished #9...or #12....or something, but at one time we were out of the Top 25. I think that hadn't happened in decades.

Was there another team that was ranked #1 who went unranked at some point besides my Spartans? We finished #9...or #12....or something, but at one time we were out of the Top 25. I think that hadn't happened in decades.
In 2012-2013 Kentucky started out 3 preseason and 2 the second week of the polls. UK dropped out and ended up in the NIT.

I probably got into trouble for not understanding your post so please forgive me up front before Global and the duck come back.

Ranked #1 at any point and was unranked at some point in the same season:
UVA (2017-2018)
Baylor (2016-2017)

Started #1 and was unranked at some point:
Kentucky (2013-2014)

Went back until 2010-2011

Alabama under Gottfried in 02-03 was ranked #1 early in the season and fell out of the top 25.

Reactions: duckboy33
ADVERTISEMENT