18. Texas Tech
19. Cincinnati
19. Gonzaga
21. Seton Hall
22. Arkansas
23. Tennessee
24. Florida State
25. Clemson

Strange that Kentucky dropped a spot despite winning both games this week, including laying the wood to in state rival.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Two top 15 opponents for FSU this week, fresh off the road loss to Duke. Life in the ACC.

Reactions: speedfrk
I can't remember. They weren't p5 and it was the same week OU upset WSU.
So you're likening KU's struggles with cupcakes to UK beating 2 P5 schools? One of those being in-state rival, fringe blue-blood Louisville? Good take. Eyeroll

But really, it's probably a moot point. UK is about to lose a lot of games because the SEC is pretty tough this year, and conference roadies are tough.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
But really, it's probably a moot point. UK is about to lose a lot of games because the SEC is pretty tough this year, and conference roadies are tough.

I updated the post on who KU played. Exactly,it's early and Calipari is still figuring this team out.

Plus, human polls suck anyways. Dont concern yourself with them, they arent accurate and follow weird unwritten rules.
I think polls are good for the eye test, but I like KenPom to look at adjusted O efficiency and adjusted D efficiency. But can someone explain how MSU has 2 Defense 10 offense, and Nova has 2 offense and 24 Defense, but Nova is ahead. Thanks in advance

I think polls are good for the eye test, but I like KenPom to look at adjusted O efficiency and adjusted D efficiency. But can someone explain how MSU has 2 Defense 10 offense, and Nova has 2 offense and 24 Defense, but Nova is ahead. Thanks in advance
The value used to rank the teams is the "margin" between the adjusted O and D efficiencies for each team, rather than the ranking relative to each team. So, for example, Nova's Ortg (124.2) minus their Drtg (94.4) is ~29.8. Meanwhile, MSU's "margin" is ~29.3. Essentially this creates their estimated margin against an "average" team over the course of 100 possessions.

Hopefully that helps.

Reactions: GE Nole and MGC_07
The value used to rank the teams is the "margin" between the adjusted O and D efficiencies for each team, rather than the ranking relative to each team. So, for example, Nova's Ortg (124.2) minus their Drtg (94.4) is ~29.8. Meanwhile, MSU's "margin" is ~29.3. Essentially this creates their estimated margin against an "average" team over the course of 100 possessions.

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks, that helps

Lots of basketball left to play but th
Yeah, KU really struggled in that 45-point win over Omaha.

you are right they didn't struggle against Omaha. Outside of that game KU wasnt playing good basketball at that time.

It’s going to be a battle All year long. Just don’t see a runaway winner in the ACC.

Miami doesn't look as cohesive as the Larkin team that finished first in the regular season and won the ACC Championship. UNC has some weaknesses too. Louisville obviously misses Pitino and ND seems off somehow.

And UVA, Clemson, and FSU all look better than expected.

I'm guessing Duke finishes first with 3/4 losses and it's a blood bath for spots 2-8.

Reactions: speedfrk
dont care about the polls. ive seenb ky ranked 7 or 8 and end up with a 4 seed or an 8 seed and alot of thought by the committee about who might beat them.

I bet the players of my team care though.

ADVERTISEMENT