21. Marquette
22. Iowa
23. Furman
24. Nebraska
t-25. Syracuse
t-25. Indiana
t-25. Kansas State

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

I'm surprised Duke didn't hop us again.....or Tennessee as that also seemed like the mantra, beat number one you become the new number one.

Reactions: jhmossy
Louisville didn’t receive one vote, yet Seton Hall did and Louisville beat them on their own court. I’m glad the AP voters don’t pick the field. Lol

Louisville didn’t receive one vote, yet Seton Hall did and Louisville beat them on their own court. I’m glad the AP voters don’t pick the field. Lol

you know your program has hit hard times when you're squabbling over the bottom of the "also receiving votes" portion of the poll.

Reactions: sgrooms and jhmossy
Actually we’re far from “hard times”. We have a really good team and a top 5 recruiting class.

It's a very good recruiting class but it's only top 5 because of the number of commitments you have. 5 4-stars and 1 3-star is very solid but it's not elite. Fortunately, I don't think you guys need elite recruits to be very good.

Reactions: UL_1986
you know your program has hit hard times when you find yourself arguing with a DePaul fan over who's team sucks more.
Lol you're flailing here guy. Our program is on the up and up.

I guess continue to do your bandwagon schtick. Weirdo.

It's a very good recruiting class but it's only top 5 because of the number of commitments you have. 5 4-stars and 1 3-star is very solid but it's not elite. Fortunately, I don't think you guys need elite recruits to be very good.
It is elite unless you are talking about the NBA farm league schools. However, none of those players ever graduate.

Nevada and the Zags cant both be 1 seeds. With the loss to UT, I dont see how the Zags can earn it. You need to beat more than 2 top 50 teams for a 1 seed.

The highest the Zags and Nevada should be are 3 seeds.

Nevada and the Zags cant both be 1 seeds. With the loss to UT, I dont see how the Zags can earn it. You need to beat more than 2 top 50 teams for a 1 seed.

Don't the Zags play UNC in UNC this weekend? If they win that game and run the table I don't see how they won't end up #1 in the West.

Nevada has an easier schedule, but if they run the table and remain undefeated they will definitely be a #1 seed, especially since their ranking will be #1 or #2 at the lowest.

If Zags beat UNC, they have a resume worthy of being a one seed

Don't the Zags play UNC in UNC this weekend? If they win that game and run the table I don't see how they won't end up #1 in the West.

Nevada has an easier schedule, but if they run the table and remain undefeated they will definitely be a #1 seed, especially since their ranking will be #1 or #2 at the lowest.

Didn’t know they play UNC in Chapel Hill. Yeah if they win they’ll get a 1

That top 5 will drop after all the signing periods are completed. You're doing good early on though!

It’s pretty much guaranteed top 10 though. Expect Sam Williamson to climb for sure maybe someone else. Sam Williamson is flat out nasty though. I heard where E.D. said probably Top 30 or lower end 5* status in the spring rankings. I’m more intrigued by him than any of them. I believe he’s our next 2 and done behind Mitchell and Rozier.

Michigan is 10-0 with 9 of those wins being by 10+ points (including blowing out #12 and #17) and is still behind three teams with a loss.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
We were ranked in the top 10 in 2017. As high as 6th, I believe. Also finished the 2012 season at 10th.

It's the first time since 1992-93 that we are ranked in the top 10 BEFORE conference play.

Whoops. I trusted a Warchant message board post (now they edited it).

You are right.

In a year that wasn't good for us in football, we sure are doing well in every other sport (champs in women's soccer, and softball)... now this.

Reactions: GE Nole

You are right.

In a year that wasn't good for us in football, we sure are doing well in every other sport (champs in women's soccer, and softball)... now this.
Tell us more about women sports!!!

Reactions: nickynooch

You are right.

Ahh. Yeah, warchant will always get ya in trouble. Come over to Tomahawk Nation for hoops coverage. Not only the best FSU site, it's one of the best in the country for hoops analysis and discussion.

@GE Nole - what do you think about this-

Man, that was crazy wasn't it? I'll be honest, I haven't seen any UConn games before we beat them...is Hurley always acting like a meth addict on the sidelines? Goodness, he was ridiculous. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed if our coach ever acted like he does.

He was standing near half court more than by his bench, seemingly concerned with yapping to everyone in the building other than, you know, his players. Then he gets a T at the end of the game and he looked like he had no clue what for.

Seton Hall getting a vote is hilarious to me

I was going to say, "maybe the voter is new at watching college basketball", and then I read her bio.

Thuc Nhi Nguyen has covered UCLA for the Southern California News Group since 2016.

thuc-nhi-nguyen.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT