ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone on here ever taken a medication called Imdur?

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I was recently put in the hospital---again, for irregular heart rhythms. They did found out that another possible cause was my heart wasn't getting enough oxygen/blood,so they put me Imdur. Its purpose is to enlarge(open) the arteries, to allow better blood flow. Since I've been on this, I;ve had very few episodes-----BUT....I'be gotten tremendous headaches. I mean like, severe. I do know one of the many side effects are headaches. But damn. I've called my doctor and pharmacy---both told me the same thing, but slightly different---AS in how long these things last.

So my question is, have any of you taken this medication, and if so, did you experience headaches---And for how long.

Yeah---I worry to damn much.

My advice, just sit in a chair and try to relax. Don't lay down, stay up right. Like a natural flow of blood. I am not a Dr though.

Are you trying to blame your shit posting, reffing, and general perspective, on this stuff?

giphy.gif

I was recently put in the hospital---again, for irregular heart rhythms. They did found out that another possible cause was my heart wasn't getting enough oxygen/blood,so they put me Imdur. Its purpose is to enlarge(open) the arteries, to allow better blood flow. Since I've been on this, I;ve had very few episodes-----BUT....I'be gotten tremendous headaches. I mean like, severe. I do know one of the many side effects are headaches. But damn. I've called my doctor and pharmacy---both told me the same thing, but slightly different---AS in how long these things last.

So my question is, have any of you taken this medication, and if so, did you experience headaches---And for how long.

I can identify... I have migraines where the vessels in the brain shrink, then expand. The expansion causes the damn headaches. Yours is induced by the meds. When you get to the point you can stand light or sounds, then you're in my neighborhood.

But take care of yourself and do what's necessary.

I can identify... I have migraines where the vessels in the brain shrink, then expand. The expansion causes the damn headaches. Yours is induced by the meds. When you get to the point you can stand light or sounds, then you're in my neighborhood.

But take care of yourself and do what's necessary.
Today is Day 5 of the medication. The head aches have began to subside. But still come and go. I love the medication as I feel its what I need. Just hate the side effects.

I hope the surgery goes well today Borden. You’re a true hero on here for not being ashamed of who you are. Caitlyn Jenner will be proud

Today is Day 5 of the medication. The head aches have began to subside. But still come and go. I love the medication as I feel its what I need. Just hate the side effects.
Good luck bud. Hopefully, the side effects eventually fade away for good. At least the primary issue is being addressed. Take care of yourself. Most important thing in life is health for you and your loved ones.

Good luck bud. Hopefully, the side effects eventually fade away for good. At least the primary issue is being addressed. Take care of yourself. Most important thing in life is health for you and your loved ones.
Thank you sir. Its been a long road with this shit.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I don't know anything about the medicine, but why don't you look up side effects? There should be a lot of references online.

It sounds like it is helping you and that is good.

I don't know anything about the medicine, but why don't you look up side effects? There should be a lot of references online.

It sounds like it is helping you and that is good.
I did look it up....Also asked my doctor. I knew the headaches were a side effect. That wasn't my question...I wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience, and if so----How long did it take then to adjust.

Today was much. much better. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This has nothing to do with your prescription. I recently went to get a phyical and they took 4 vials of blood. They said, I should buy and take them everyday for the "rest of my life".I'm currently losing weight and completely changed my everything. I can't stand the idea of take pills everyday.I'm down 45 lbs (yes I'm a fatbody that can shed a lot of weight). My goal is to never swallow another pill.

@Bert Higginbotha has helped me a great deal during this time on suggestions of how he's lived to be 187 years old.

edit: for those wonder if you nuts will eventually hang down to your knee caps.He said it's bullshit. He has a ballsack of a teenager...Yes I asked about his balls. We talk about everything.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with your prescription. I recently went to get a phyical and they took 4 vials of blood. They said, I should buy and take them everyday for the "rest of my life".I'm currently losing weight and completely changed my everything. I can't stand the idea of take pills everyday.I'm down 45 lbs (yes I'm a fatbody that can shed a lot of weight). My goal is to never swallow another pill.

Buy and take what exactly? I read through the thread and must of missed what you were referring to

ADVERTISEMENT