ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here ever had shoulder replacement surgery? I'm having this done on Wed...

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I know its along recovery process----I'll be off work 3-4 months. THough doctor/OT feel I could be back in time for my first BBall game on Nov.11th.

Just curious as to if anyone has went through this, and can offer any insight/advice, on what to expect, etc, etc...

I know its along recovery process----I'll be off work 3-4 months. THough doctor/OT feel I could be back in time for my first BBall game on Nov.11th.

Just curious as to if anyone has went through this, and can offer any insight/advice, on what to expect, etc, etc...
I have nothing, but well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Got damn Borden your body like a soup sandwich right now.
the-six-million-dollar-man-six-million-dollar-man.gif

Is it the shoulder you use to call all those bullshit strikes that are actually balls, or the one that calls charges on blocking fouls? 🤔
Its my left shoulder.....Real umpires don't signal strikes with their left hand.😎..

I thoroughly explained to surgeon----just make sure I can still do "the punch", when calling my fantastically, amazingly good, crazy accurate charges...😎😁

Geez us Bro, you are falling apart lol
Yeah----just put shit off. Didn't listen. And some of it is due to ****ing insurance. Make you go through 80 fukin procedures, before you can actually get something done. Shoulder has hurt me for a while. Was getting injections. When I went back, doc was like, "whoa----Ummm, nope..."---Did MRI, and well...........

Surgery at 10am tomorrow.

Yeah----just put shit off. Didn't listen. And some of it is due to ****ing insurance. Make you go through 80 fukin procedures, before you can actually get something done. Shoulder has hurt me for a while. Was getting injections. When I went back, doc was like, "whoa----Ummm, nope..."---Did MRI, and well...........

Surgery at 10am tomorrow.

Hang in there bud.

Its my left shoulder.....Real umpires don't signal strikes with their left hand.😎..

I thoroughly explained to surgeon----just make sure I can still do "the punch", when calling my fantastically, amazingly good, crazy accurate charges...😎😁
If any ump signaled strikes with his left we would know immediately he's a fraud. 😂 Good luck with surgery, buddy. Hope you have a speedy recovery, or at least as speedy as can be expected with a shoulder replacement.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nope. I've had a plate installed in my right arm, snapped it many moons ago. I imagine this surgery will likely suck as much as that did. Good luck. Rub some dirt on that shoulder you'll be alright

Reactions: IUfanBorden
If any ump signaled strikes with his left we would know immediately he's a fraud. 😂 Good luck with surgery, buddy. Hope you have a speedy recovery, or at least as speedy as can be expected with a shoulder replacement.
3-6 weeks in a brace.....Had to go and buy a couch with a chaise; have to sleep inclined for first 3 weeks or so....Didn't want a recliner. Therapy will start same day as surgery. Said for first couple weeks i wll receive home health care(therapy). After that, they will decide if it should continue at home, or go there....1-2 nights in hospital. 3-4 month recovery time....But should be back in time for first basketball game(Nov 11th). With my job, likely won't get back to work until December; though light duty is something available.

Long recovery for sure. Gonna be a long few months or so.

3-6 weeks in a brace.....Had to go and buy a couch with a chaise; have to sleep inclined for first 3 weeks or so....Didn't want a recliner. Therapy will start same day as surgery. Said for first couple weeks i wll receive home health care(therapy). After that, they will decide if it should continue at home, or go there....1-2 nights in hospital. 3-4 month recovery time....But should be back in time for first basketball game(Nov 11th). With my job, likely won't get back to work until December; though light duty is something available.

Long recovery for sure. Gonna be a long few months or so.
That's not as bad as I would have thought though. Seems like advancements in joint replacement surgery have really progressed over the past few decades.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That's not as bad as I would have thought though. Seems like advancements in joint replacement surgery have really progressed over the past few decades.
Depends patient to patient, I reckon. Total recovery is about 6 months, to a year---others I've read about, talked to, have said longer/shorter.

Still, 3-6 weeks in a big ass brace, stuck at homebasically, sucks ass.

Depends patient to patient, I reckon. Total recovery is about 6 months, to a year---others I've read about, talked to, have said longer/shorter.

Well at least football starts soon, so you can kill time watching all the games while glued to the couch!

I had a co worker who had shoulder replacement 3 years ago and he said it's all about attitude. He went into the rehab portion determine to get back to his normal life and to his credit he did just that. I had both of my hips replaced, the last one 4 years ago and honestly it doesn't feel like I have implants except in cold weather. Other than that you have to approach the rehab aggressively but don't rush it and once you get to where you wanna be continue to do the exercises periodically.

We talked and it was about the knee, I know something about that 😉
But a shoulder doesn't hold up the weight of your body like a knee or hip, so hopefully you will get back to normal sooner, I hope you do.
I will call you this weekend. 👍

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT