ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else happy that college football is done so Cbb can own saturdays again?

Yep. I love cfb but I’m a bigger NFL fan. Can’t wait for cbb to be the main deal on Saturday’s with NBA games following.

My favorites go as:
1. March Madness
2. NBA playoffs
3. NFL playoffs
4. CFB bowl games/playoffs

…World series, but who really gives a shit.

Reactions: Aberdale
I wouldn’t say happy is the word. I love college football. I enjoy it all season long until the championship is over. But then I get basketball in prime time for 3 months and enjoy that a bunch. It’s a win-win.

Yep, I hate all football but especially college. Love when that crap is over and we start getting CBB all day long 11:00 am to 11:00 pm.

Reactions: Aberdale
Yes (team doesn’t go to bowls).

They went to bowls when my mom was there. She personally attended the Rose Bowl and watched Dick Butkus lead Illini to victory.

Those were the Ilini glory days. Butkus on the football field. My mom worked for the school paper and her boss was Roger Ebert.

They went to bowls when my mom was there. She personally attended the Rose Bowl and watched Dick Butkus lead Illini to victory.

Those were the Ilini glory days. Butkus on the football field. My mom worked for the school paper and her boss was Roger Ebert.
It’s literally fascinating how many legends have played for the Illini, given how bad we’ve been in the modern era. Red Grange, Dick Butkus, George Halas, Ray Nitschke, Bobby Mitchell, Dana Howard … now a days, we are honestly ecstatic with six wins, haha.

People knock our fans, but it’s literally amazing there are 50,000+ in the stands with decent weather and ANY life in the program. Our record over the last 30 years is comparable to Duke…

Yes, bring in March madness, which is best time of the year. But UK has to make the tourney or else I don’t give a shiiii

Bama still has some work to do on the football front, so I'm basically neutral. Love both BB and FB and that made for a huge Saturday with a win over Jawja in the SEC Championship followed by a great win over the Zags that night.
Doesn't get much better than that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT