ADVERTISEMENT

Any Gophers' fan here

1Tripoda

Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
UNLV vs Minnesota Wednesday, what do you think? UNLV offence is hard to watch but defense is another story. UNLV is a 2nd half team. Beat Dayton, High Point and SIU after trailing at the half. Big squad the Gophers have.

UNLV vs Minnesota Wednesday, what do you think? UNLV offence is hard to watch but defense is another story. UNLV is a 2nd half team. Beat Dayton, High Point and SIU after trailing at the half. Big squad the Gophers have.
They're a glorified high school team. You shouldn't have any problems.

Minnesota lost to DePaul. /end thread

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Richard Pitino ain't walkin' through that door.
Or Clem Haskins. I've actually hung out with that guy briefly, when moving back from Columbus, I moved back home (Campbellsville) for a bit and Clem was always around. Super nice guy, but I knew his past. Never asked for the full story.

Even sold him a truck at Alex Montgomery Chevrolet in Cville (circa '01). He'd come by like good ole boys do at coffee shops but instead he went to our dealership. Brought his own chair to hang and took in the sights of our office girls. We had some fine ladies working in the office.
I've only ate dinner with 4 coaches. Rick, Tubby, Penny and Clem. None was one on one, just sitting at the big table.
*forgot Vitale was once a coach, he was there with Rick. I can tell you stories with Ron McCalley.

Last edited:
Minnesota lost to DePaul. /end thread
Meh, you guys have a very experienced roster and it showed. We were without our best player and played 3 freshmen and a walk-on.

Not to mention your team flops alot on minimal contact. That really changed the momentum in the second half. Two possessions in a row Garcia got called for offensive fouls on minimal contact. Could've trimmed the lead to around 6.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Meh, you guys have a very experienced roster and it showed. We were without our best player and played 3 freshmen and a walk-on.

Not to mention your team flops alot on minimal contact. That really changed the momentum in the second half. Two possessions in a row Garcia got called for offensive fouls on minimal contact. Could've trimmed the lead to around 6.

Feeling a tear well up as I read a fan from an opposing team make excuses as to why they lost to DePaul. Been a long time since I've had this conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Did anyone watch last night game UNLV vs Southern Illinois? Man, the defense from both teams were ridiculous.I love defense but that was too much. And the damn refs was calling everything. Minnesota looks like another decent defensive team...another round?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT