ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance Oklahoma State makes the tourney?

Dobsie

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2011
ᏃᎩᏏ ᏗᏜ
Team
Arkansas
Last I saw they were in the last 4 out?

If OSU makes it do OU, and Texas make the Tourney?

I think they get in. To be totally honest, OSU is going to run KU out of the Sprint Center tomorrow. I'll be surprised if KU can stay within 15-20 points. I'm not sure how OU gets in but I bet they get in too because Trae Young.

The Pokes are confident and have finally built some momentum. Hard to beat any team 3 times in one season, but this oSu team matches up really well against KU, especially with the loss of Azubuike. I think we are in win or lose, but I'd sure like to erase any doubt.

Has anyone ever beat KU 3 times in one year?

The Pokes are confident and have finally built some momentum. Hard to beat any team 3 times in one season, but this oSu team matches up really well against KU, especially with the loss of Azubuike. I think we are in win or lose, but I'd sure like to erase any doubt.

Last time it happened was in 1983 to Oklahoma State.

:eek:

OSU you make the tourney on the so called eye test everyone uses throughout the year, convenient its not that heavily weighed in this late.

While OU and the Trae Young train wreck basicly lost the game for a OU team tryin to rally tonight....2 and 8 in the last 12 games and heres a better one...

OU is 4-11 in the last 15 regular season games how in the heck they make a the field no matter how good the publicity was in nov/dec is crazy.

Ok State
85th in RPI is so so bad
56th SOS
5-10 vs Q1
4-3 vs Q2
10-0 vs 3+4 combined

Oklahoma is 47th in RPI
22nd SOS
6-8 q1
3-4 q2
9-1 vs 3+4

The metrics dont favor Ok State making the tournament. Theyre going to need to win out if the committee is consistent at all with using the metrics that they claim matter.

Last edited:
Definitely not Oklahoma in the 87-88 season.
I thought I remember hearing that it was either OU or KSU that beat them 3 times that year before the tournament. Turns out they lost to OU twice but were 1-2 against KSU. Beat them both when it mattered the most though.

Reactions: KisteK

I remember hearing on a KU broadcast that they have never been swept in Big XII play (obviously this was before OK State swept them this year), so if thats true then a team going 3-0 against them couldnt have happened anymore than 1 or 2 times.

Last edited:
Ok State
85th in RPI is so so bad
56th SOS
5-10 vs Q1
4-3 vs Q2
10-0 vs 3+4 combined

Oklahoma is 47th in RPI
22nd SOS
6-8 q1
3-4 q2
9-1 vs 3+4

The metrics dont favor Ok State making the tournament. Theyre going to need to win out if the committee is consistent at all with using the metrics that they claim matter.

That's all nice, but OU is 7-12 in 2018 and 2-8 in their last 10. No team has made the tourney finishing their season 2-8 since the tourney expanded in 1985. It might not be OSU that gets in ahead of them, but OU needs a historic decision from the committee to get in...

That's all nice, but OU is 7-12 in 2018 and 2-8 in their last 10. No team has made the tourney finishing their season 2-8 since the tourney expanded in 1985. It might not be OSU that gets in ahead of them, but OU needs a historic decision from the committee to get in...

Turns out I was right. OU in comfortably OK State not close to being in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT