ADVERTISEMENT

Annual Champions Classic Thread

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
Maybe not the top 5 matchups we’re used to but some great games nonetheless. MSU at Duke will be very interesting. Duke looked sloppy against Coppin State but I’m not sure MSU has an answer to Jalen Johnson or can handle the ball pressure that has sometimes let Duke run away with games against us. MSU has a very balanced attack though with great passing 1-5, but they don’t have a Cassius Winston like in years past that can will you to a win.

UK-Kansas will be a nice game as well, the Richmond loss for UK is very normal for super young teams but they clearly have talent. Kansas seems like the clearer favorite
but Clarke and Boston are uber talented and could easily carry UK to the win.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Look forward to an awkward game. Not sure how confident I am in Duke, but I also know zero about MSU. Hopefully it is a good and entertaining game. Really liked Johnson and Steward in their debut. Hopefully a couple of our veterans (sophomores) step up and support the newbies in this game.

Look forward to the UK/KU thread more than the actual game. But it should be a good game.

Look forward to an awkward game. Not sure how confident I am in Duke, but I also know zero about MSU. Hopefully it is a good and entertaining game. Really liked Johnson and Steward in their debut. Hopefully a couple of our veterans (sophomores) step up and support the newbies in this game.

Look forward to the UK/KU thread more than the actual game. But it should be a good game.
After the Richmond game, i'm barely optimistic. I'm looking more forward to the matinee.

I've never seen a more annoying cardboard cutout.

Student section seems on point though.

You think they could have added some good looking people. I guess they decided to try and keep it as much the way it was as they could.

Anyone else having issues hearing the commentary?

Shows you how much I've been paying attention. Had no idea this game was being played at CIS. The crazies have been too much for MSU to overcome so far. The energy in the building is unmatched.

MSU is just not hitting shots right now. Credit to Duke’s defense but man we’re missing some decent looks.

Duke has shot 10 free throws so far to MSU’s 0. They just have the athletes to attack and we don’t.

Feel like I've watched this movie a thousand times. MSU vs Duke/UNC rarely ends well.
tenor.gif

Reactions: northeastspartan
Not much of a shove there but I’m not sure why you do it at all.

Looks like we have a game.

ADVERTISEMENT