ADVERTISEMENT

An interesting Zion article

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
I know he is a year out of college, but still, an interesting article about his recovery, and how physically he is unlike any player that folks have seen, and how he is challenging to figure out. Apparently he is just a physical freak. For example... the Pelicans did a week of heavy lifting, as a team. Zion gained eight pounds of muscle mass in that time. A sports physics lab also did some testing on him. One test involved an athlete jumping down from a small box onto the ground and then jumping up. Although they had tested some 600 NBA athletes and thousands of athletes across sports, Williamson generated the most force they had ever seen, more than twice what is needed to break a brick.

Anyway, an interesting look at his physical recovery, and how it is challenging the NBA to figure out bodies.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28485732/zion-williamson-preparation-preservation-no-precedent

I know he is a year out of college, but still, an interesting article about his recovery, and how physically he is unlike any player that folks have seen, and how he is challenging to figure out. Apparently he is just a physical freak. For example... the Pelicans did a week of heavy lifting, as a team. Zion gained eight pounds of muscle mass in that time. A sports physics lab also did some testing on him. One test involved an athlete jumping down from a small box onto the ground and then jumping up. Although they had tested some 600 NBA athletes and thousands of athletes across sports, Williamson generated the most force they had ever seen, more than twice what is needed to break a brick.

Anyway, an interesting look at his physical recovery, and how it is challenging the NBA to figure out bodies.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28485732/zion-williamson-preparation-preservation-no-precedent
Good stuff. From a much more simple way of looking at it (besides the physics described in the article) Zion has dome some things on the court I haven't seen too many, if any guys do. Very unique in many ways. Hopefully he has been working on his jump shot so that he can protect his knees a bit from the wear and tear of attacking the painted area.

8 lbs of muscle in a week? I want whatever his Dietician has him on!

I need a Dietician tbh.

Reactions: TheDude1
ADVERTISEMENT