ADVERTISEMENT

All true blue blood Final Four

wesr

Mar 30, 2004
Congrats UNC, Duke , and Kansas.
Adding Nova completely forgot about them

Last edited:
Next tier for sure. And prob the best “new money “ program out there. Baylor, UVA, TX Tech, etc up there too.

giphy.gif

I get the view from up top, but 'Nova is not a recent phenomenon, "new money" program. If they are, then it can be argued so is Duke and questioned why is Indiana still considered a "blue blood".

Last edited:
I get the view from up top, but 'Nova is not a recent phenomenon, "new money" program. If they are, then it can be argued so is Duke and questioned why is Indiana still considered a "blue blood".
6 final fours is pretty light for when we discuss the best programs of all time. I’ll give you IU. I’m not sure we can consider them that level right now. I think Nova is next tier and could get there, but for final 4s (including this year):
- UNC 21
- UCLA 19
- Kentucky 17
- duke and KU 16

- IU 8
- Nova 6 (7 if you count a vacated FF)

I think we could go down the list, but there is a big difference between the “blue blood” 5 at the top and the next level. What Jay Wright has done there is incredible, but they don’t have the history of the others. There was a 46 year gap between final 4s at one point (not counting a vacated season somewhere between, but even that would have been 32 years). If you want to put them in the same category as a program “right now”, I think you’d have a great case. But not at the same level as the others going back through time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Necessary Roughness
6 final fours is pretty light for when we discuss the best programs of all time. I’ll give you IU. I’m not sure we can consider them that level right now. I think Nova is next tier and could get there, but for final 4s (including this year):
- UNC 21
- UCLA 19
- Kentucky 17
- duke and KU 16

- IU 8
- Nova 6 (7 if you count a vacated FF)

I think we could go down the list, but there is a big difference between the “blue blood” 5 at the top and the next level. What Jay Wright has done there is incredible, but they don’t have the history of the others. There was a 46 year gap between final 4s at one point (not counting a vacated season somewhere between, but even that would have been 32 years). If you want to put them in the same category as a program “right now”, I think you’d have a great case. But not at the same level as the others going back through time.
And yet Iowa > all those programs.

ADVERTISEMENT