ADVERTISEMENT

All-ACC Awards

Ehh. It’s not like we spend all year thinking about it. It’s just sort of a something fans of schools outside the Carolina/Virginia area sort of accept and acknowledge.

FSU has had 4 first team All-ACC players since entering the league 28 years ago. Duke had two this year (both deserving). So...like I said it’s just sort of par for the course.

But if it is driven by statistics like you said, why not Forrest over Jones for DPOY? Forrest averages more steals, blocks, and rebounds.
My counter to this would be that that’s where aesthetic/name recognition wins out. Awards are what they are. Imperfect and human, which inevitably invites influences outside of the simple truths.

My counter to this would be that that’s where aesthetic/name recognition wins out. Awards are what they are. Imperfect and human, which inevitably invites influences outside of the simple truths.

That’s not a counter argument. That’s literally my point. The majority of voters come from the Carolinas and Virginia. They are inherently biased toward the schools around them as they have more casual name recognition to them.

Therefore, it’s not always a great barometer of the most deserving players and coaches. @Afamu continues to dispute this and I keep questioning him. Not sure why he quotes you, as you seem to be making my point for me.

I just wish voters, in the Information Age, would actually take a little more pride in their vote and knowledge base.

This what? The poster you are quoting knows who players are outside of Duke and UNC. He also said it’s about stats...and you still haven’t attempted a response to the defense stats I posted comparing the two players.
As do I. Try pulling your panties out of your crack just because I don’t know who a player on FSU is. Geez.

It amazes me how much this bothers you.

That’s not a counter argument. That’s literally my point. The majority of voters come from the Carolinas and Virginia. They are inherently biased toward the schools around them as they have more casual name recognition to them.

Therefore, it’s not always a great barometer of the most deserving players and coaches. @Afamu continues to dispute this and I keep questioning him. Not sure why he quotes you, as you seem to be making my point for me.

I just wish voters, in the Information Age, would actually take a little more pride in their vote and knowledge base.

The voters don't really care that much probably.

Reactions: WojoRising

I’m agreeing with you, I’ve been agreeing with you aside from merely referencing the system Ham runs and its effect on statistics - which should make sense if we’re truly on the same page.

I’m agreeing with you, I’ve been agreeing with you aside from merely referencing the system Ham runs and its effect on statistics - which should make sense if we’re truly on the same page.

I said it “was certainly a factor” the very first response to you.

As do I. Try pulling your panties out of your crack just because I don’t know who a player on FSU is. Geez.

It amazes me how much this bothers you.

So the person who gets defensive anytime someone says anything negative about Duke (like the whole unbalanced schedule thing) is amazed that I’m pointing out some players in the league don’t get proper recognition due to the team they play for?

So, FSU’s stars get screwed because we have more overall talent than Clemson or Syracuse (Hughes) and don’t have one player play hero ball?

Voters should be educated enough to understand that.

I'd rather have an ACC Title and no 1st Team All-Conference players than no title and two guys on the 1st Team.

Reactions: jhmossy
So the person who gets defensive anytime someone says anything negative about Duke (like the whole unbalanced schedule thing) is amazed that I’m pointing out some players in the league don’t get proper recognition due to the team they play for?
This is the first time I can remember where Duke's ACC schedule has been considered easy. Especially since UNc is normally a top team. Clemson, beat, Duke, UNc, FSU and Louisville.

And if the guy from VT a few years ago can win POY, an FSU player can. Maybe your players aren't viewed as highly as you think within the league. Ever think of that? Instead of whining and bitching that people don't like FSU.

Again, you worry about this a heck of a lot more than Duke fans.

This is the first time I can remember where Duke's ACC schedule has been considered easy. Especially since UNc is normally a top team. Clemson, beat, Duke, UNc, FSU and Louisville.

And if the guy from VT a few years ago can win POY, an FSU player can. Maybe your players aren't viewed as highly as you think within the league. Ever think of that? Instead of whining and bitching that people don't like FSU.

Again, you worry about this a heck of a lot more than Duke fans.

I don’t think you fully grasp the concept of a message board centered around college basketball. It’s a topic of discussion.

Go back to my very first post in this thread. My discussion was around Vernon Carey being more deserving of POY than Tre Jones. Carey plays for Duke, FYI. I was saying a Duke player should have been POY.

Coach K hasn’t won COY since 2000.

20 years ago!

Show me the bias.

We also won the ACC Tournament 4 of those 6 years but according to jhmossy they only give individual awards to Duke players because they know that Duke isn’t going to win anything meaningful as a team.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Was that the last time Duke won the ACC regular season?

Yeah, they stopped giving it to him when he was winning the real regular season championship in the early 2000’s and started NOT giving it to him when he doesn’t win the fake, unbalanced regular season championship.

Goal post movers

I don’t think you fully grasp the concept of a message board centered around college basketball. It’s a topic of discussion.

Go back to my very first post in this thread. My discussion was around Vernon Carey being more deserving of POY than Tre Jones. Carey plays for Duke, FYI. I was saying a Duke player should have been POY.
I understand completely. Btw, I don’t red every post on a thread.

Thanks for your concern though.

ADVERTISEMENT