John Hugley, Pitt, 54
Charlie Moore, Miami, 42
Brady Manek, North Carolina, 38
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 22
AJ Griffin, Duke, 22
Paul Atkinson Jr., Notre Dame, 20
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 15
Reece Beekman, Virginia, 15

Note: All-ACC Team points are determined on a 5-3-1 system (five points for first team, three points for second team, one point for third team).

ACC Player of the Year
Alondes Williams, Wake Forest, 41 votes
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 31
Paolo Banchero, Duke, 6

ACC Freshman of the Year
Paolo Banchero, Duke, 72 votes
Blake Wesley, Notre Dame, 4
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 1
Trevor Keels, Duke, 1

ACC Defensive Player of the Year
Mark Williams, Duke, 46 votes
Reece Beekman, Virginia, 20
Leaky Black, North Carolina, 7
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 3
Charlie Moore, Miami, 2

ACC Most Improved Player
Dereon Seabron, NC State, 33 votes
PJ Hall, Clemson, 28
Mark Williams, Duke, 4
John Hugley, Pitt, 4
Dane Goodwin, Notre Dame, 3
Jesse Edwards, Syracuse, 2
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 2
James Karnik, Boston College, 1
RJ Davis, North Carolina, 1

ACC Sixth Man of the Year
Matthew Cleveland, Florida State, 52 votes
El Ellis, Louisville, 6
Anthony Walker, Miami, 6
Khadim Sy, Wake Forest, 6
Kadin Shedrick, Virginia, 5
Quinten Post, Boston College, 2
Cam Hayes, NC State, 1

ACC Coach of the Year
Steve Forbes, Wake Forest, 40 votes
Mike Krzyzewski, Duke, 19
Mike Brey, Notre Dame, 13
Jim Larrañaga, Miami, 3
Mike Young, Virginia Tech, 1
Hubert Davis, North Carolina, 1
Tony Bennett, Virginia, 1

All-ACC Defensive Team
Mark Williams, Duke, 77 votes
Reece Beekman, Virginia, 69
Leaky Black, North Carolina, 55
Charlie Moore, Miami, 45
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 33

All-Rookie Team
Paolo Banchero, Duke, 77 votes
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 73
Blake Wesley, Notre Dame, 72
AJ Griffin, Duke, 66
Trevor Keels, Duke, 50

Reactions: dukedevilz
Williams was deserving but not as much as Bacot. He lead the league in TOs and faded a bit towards the end of the year. Anyone who voted before all the games were done, which was a lot of people, should have their right to vote taken away from them.

I also thought Leaky had a good case for DPOY if you look at the stats of the guys he guarded. He was a legit shut down defender most every game. I actually thought Beekman would be the guy competing with him.

But this is kind of what you get when you let the media vote.

Moore getting 2nd team is pretty surprising. Provides a lot non-statistically, but averaged 9.8 ppg over his last 11

Thought Bacot would get PoY but Williams is certainly deserving. Also, how does he win by a significant margin in PoY but trails Bacot in first-team votes? Not sure I understand how that works. Who gave a vote to Hubert for CoY? Has the feel of dead people voting on the presidential election. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
Thought Bacot would get PoY but Williams is certainly deserving. Also, how does he win by a significant margin in PoY but trails Bacot in first-team votes? Not sure I understand how that works. Who gave a vote to Hubert for CoY? Has the feel of dead people voting on the presidential election. 😆

Has to be someone in the media on UNC's side just being a homer.

I don't get the voting numbers either. I agree that both guys are deserving for POTY. I just felt like with Bacot the lack of anything negative mattered.

Moore getting 2nd team is pretty surprising. Provides a lot non-statistically, but averaged 9.8 ppg over his last 11
Mark and AJ should've both been 2nd Team, I don't think post COVID Moore should've sniffed this list.

Mark and AJ should've both been 2nd Team, I don't think post COVID Moore should've sniffed this list.

Yeah, I was surprised Griffin wasn't on the third team for his ACC play. I know he was inconsistent and had a few games where he didn't do much but he put up some big numbers in some ACC games as well.

Then again, if Griffin makes a team Love almost has to. Manek as well. Both were really better than Griffin overall.

Last edited:
Glad Alondes Williams got POY. He deserved it. He has a legitimate argument for being the best point guard in America.

Reactions: jhmossy
Glad Alondes Williams got POY. He deserved it. He has a legitimate argument for being the best point guard in America.

Tons of assists but also tons of turnovers. Dude averaged 5.3 assists but 3.3 turnovers. That ratio is not great. I do think he deserved POY though.

He had a ton of TOs and just a decent A/TO margin. I think he was like 13th in the conference there. Heck, he has a worse A/TO margin than RJ Davis. He also only had .4 more assists than the guy in second while Bacot averaged 6 more rebounds than the guy in second.

I really don't have an issue with him winning but do like to make an argument for my guy who also deserved it.

ADVERTISEMENT