ADVERTISEMENT

All aboard the Chetwagon!

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Alright who's with me on the Chetwagon? It's leaving the station, but there's still time to get on board and spend the year with me stanning the future NPOY and #1 pick.

You don't want to jump on too late as Gonzaga is pretty much done playing competitive basketball once January rolls around. Then it's a 3 month wait till they start playing good teams again during the tourney. Oh I'm sure @dukedevilz will be here in a minute to tell us how great BYU and St. Mary's are, but the Chetwagon is moving too fast to fall for that line of BS.

If you haven't seen our demigod and savior play he's treat to watch. Him and Timme are going to be the best front court big man duo since who knows when, not me, I'm too lazy to think about it. But I'm sure it's a very long time. Did Kareen and Walton ever play together at UCLA? Don't think so, but you get the point.

So here's your chance to get in early on the ground floor and become a full fledged member of Holmgren's Hommies or Chet's Pets or the Chetwagoneers. Still deciding on an official name.

You don't want to jump on too late as Gonzaga is pretty much done playing competitive basketball once January rolls around. Then it's a 3 month wait till they start playing good teams again during the tourney. Oh I'm sure @dukedevilz will be here in a minute to tell us how great BYU and St. Mary's are, but the Chetwagon is moving too fast to fall for that line of BS.

Haha that does sound like something I would say lol.

Okay, here's what I'll say, for reals. The WCC this year is going to have the BEST depth its ever had. I'm going to guarantee at least 6 teams in the KenPom top 100. Gonzaga will lose at least one conference game. WCC will be a higher rated conference than the American Athletic. Bump this in six months.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I do laugh at the people who think he will struggle at this level because of his weight. Lol no. He’ll be a top 15 player in the country. He’s for real.

Haha that does sound like something I would say lol.

Okay, here's what I'll say, for reals. The WCC this year is going to have the BEST depth its ever had. I'm going to guarantee at least 6 teams in the KenPom top 100. Gonzaga will lose at least one conference game. WCC will be a higher rated conference than the American Athletic. Bump this in six months.
Is Bolton for sure going to be eligible?

Ever since i learned timme is pronounced “timmy” in stead of just “tim” i say it in my head like south park and absolutely love the dude for that reason alone.

Hes a helluva player as well.

lots of intriguing frontcourts this year for sure, zags, duke, uk, kansas, tx and more im sure im not thinking about.

I had a homeboard argument with a dude proclaiming malik williams as one of the best big men in the nation, and dont get me wrong, i love leek, i just pointed out that theres multiple teams this year that he wouldnt even start for, at the 4 or 5. And thats not even taking into account his history of injuries in his foot. Theres just some insanely talented front courts this year, imo.

Is Bolton for sure going to be eligible?

Not a 100%, but the odds are in his favor. Haven't seen the NCAA deny someone a waiver in quite a while.
James Akinjo was recently granted a waiver. He was in a similar situation where he transferred previously and had already received a waiver as an undergrad. Both Gach, Liam Robbins, and Jemarl Baker are a few others that come to mind that will still need waivers.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Ever since i learned timme is pronounced “timmy” in stead of just “tim” i say it in my head like south park and absolutely love the dude for that reason alone.

Hes a helluva player as well.

lots of intriguing frontcourts this year for sure, zags, duke, uk, kansas, tx and more im sure im not thinking about.

I had a homeboard argument with a dude proclaiming malik williams as one of the best big men in the nation, and dont get me wrong, i love leek, i just pointed out that theres multiple teams this year that he wouldnt even start for, at the 4 or 5. And thats not even taking into account his history of injuries in his foot. Theres just some insanely talented front courts this year, imo.

Was it @bignish? He’d take Williams over Dickinson.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Was it @bignish? He’d take Williams over Dickinson.
Na dont think hes even a cards fan but idk.

Williams is a very good player, when healthy, and he does alot of things in his leadership role that dont show up in the box score. Very good defensively. Sadly we dont really know how good he can be bc he stays injured.

But i mean dickinson was on one of the all american teams right? Id give leek the edge in outside shooting and maybe defense but outside of that its dickinson in a landslide imo. Granted i havent watched him much so idk if he can hit threes or not, or how well of a defender he is. Im just basing it on leek being above average at those two characteristics. Regardless hes accomplished more accolades in one season than leek has in 4.

Dont get me wrong, i love leek to death, and know hes got game. Hes might not be our best player, but he still might be the most important. Bc i think withers is gonna blow up this year getting to play his natural position.

But we have so many new pieces its hard to see where the mins are gonna come from for some. Guess those things work themselves out, good problem to have.

Yea that just hit me, that you were referring to mark williams the feosh at duke last year.

he really came on late in the season. I dont remember him doing much in our regular season matchup, but in the accT he went 20-20 on us and sent us home to be the last team out of the tourney.

So i cant say a bad thing about the dude and if he progresses in the offseason like he did during the season, he should be a force this year.

ADVERTISEMENT