ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama @ Kentucky

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
Starting this only to ask how the **** is Petty still on Alabama? I swear he’s been there 14 years. And he’s not even a senior.

Reactions: RipThru
Starting this only to ask how the **** is Petty still on Alabama? I swear he’s been there 14 years. And he’s not even a senior.

That hairdo is a modern marvel though. I'm impressed every time it graces my TV screen.

We are shooting pretty well, Alabama still hanging around. I doubt they shoot that poorly in the second half. Expecting a close one down the stretch

Maxey's focus will be where it should be by next month, but he's left so many points on the board today with dumb turnovers and missed bunnies.

Quickley remains possessed though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maxey's focus will be where it should be by next month, but he's left so many points on the board today with dumb turnovers and missed bunnies.

Quickley remains possessed though.
What’s up with Whitney? I thought he would be much more impressive than he has been.

That hairdo is a modern marvel though. I'm impressed every time it graces my TV screen.
2019.11.25-11.46-boundingintocomics-5ddbbf11dc881.jpg

UK got up 15 and Cal went to his signature stall ball and let Bama right back into it
I could rant for days about the stupidity of this strategy on Cal's part. Totally avoidable and inexcusable. If you have a team on the ropes you keep kicking them in the ****ing mouth until time runs out.

I could rant for days about the stupidity of this strategy on Cal's part. Totally avoidable and inexcusable. If you have a team on the ropes you keep kicking them in the ****ing mouth until time runs out.
Again, it's maddening.

It's worse than prevent defense in football.

Reactions: CB3UK
Again, it's maddening.

It's worse than prevent defense in football.
Its one of the biggest reasons why Pitino is still my favorite UK coach. Forget his b.s with UofL, just UK. He didnt **** around with inferior teams. Ill give this years team credit at the stripe, theyve been great. But normally Cals teams are average at best there and when you leave teams hanging around those other things cost you.

If your strategy is to out talent the other team then turn the talent loose! He wants them to create on their own and run it, and then the get going, and then all of a sudden with 6 min to go youd think Dean was running 4 corners out there. **** sportsmanshipm. Put another 20 on the other team, or put the bench in. He does neither.

****ing maddening.

What’s up with Whitney? I thought he would be much more impressive than he has been.

Kid still hasn’t gotten over the shock of the transition to CBB yet. Game is moving too fast for him right now. He’s forcing everything and it’s just making his situation worse.

His struggles are mostly due to a lack of development coming into college. His handle isn’t tight, jumper inconsistent, low basketball IQ, and trying to “out athlete” everyone at the high major, D1 level just doesn’t work on the offensive end - which is what a younger player’s confidence is tied to.

He’ll get there. Dude is an athletic freak and already has the build of a pro. He just needs some time to bring his skills to a similar level.

Kid still hasn’t gotten over the shock of the transition to CBB yet. Game is moving too fast for him right now. He’s forcing everything and it’s just making his situation worse.

His struggles are mostly due to a lack of development coming into college. His handle isn’t tight, jumper inconsistent, low basketball IQ, and trying to “out athlete” everyone at the high major, D1 level just doesn’t work on the offensive end - which is what a younger player’s confidence is tied to.

He’ll get there. Dude is an athletic freak and already has the build of a pro. He just needs some time to bring his skills to a similar level.
The greatest thing about Whitney's slow development is, he's going to be on next years team. :eek:

UK is gonna be stacked next year.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and Hank_
The greatest thing about Whitney's slow development is, he's going to be on next years team. :eek:

UK is gonna be stacked next year.

Hope so, UK’s wing situation will be insane if they keep Quickley, Whitney, and Brooks.

I just don’t see it happening. Boston and Clarke are studs. Those dudes are definitely playing.

If we're being honest it's cost UK at least one title. It almost cost us the game in 2012. Thank god for AD & MKG defensively.

Reactions: CB3UK
Hope so, UK’s wing situation will be insane if they keep Quickley, Whitney, and Brooks.

I just don’t see it happening. Boston and Clarke are studs. Those dudes are definitely playing.
Montgomery will definitely be back. Do you know what class Richards volleyball girlfriend is in? He could be back on pussy alone.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and Hank_

I’m an Illini fan and I was really hoping that he would come to Illinois but once Kentucky offered I knew he was going there. A few of us dreamers on the home board have entertained the idea of Whitney transferring after the season because of your glut of wings. But I can’t see him transferring anywhere and sit out a year.

I’m an Illini fan and I was really hoping that he would come to Illinois but once Kentucky offered I knew he was going there. A few of us dreamers on the home board have entertained the idea of Whitney transferring after the season because of your glut of wings. But I can’t see him transferring anywhere and sit out a year.
Yeah, I don't see him transferring. He's probably disappointed with his playing time, but he's clearly a competitor. Some just take longer, and I think he'll eventually excel. The talent is there, just got to get his mind right.

Go back to off season post, I was his biggest advocate. Talent is there.

Reactions: cmore79
Montgomery will definitely be back. Do you know what class Richards volleyball girlfriend is in? He could be back on pussy alone.

You would think, but dude really tried hard to jump last year. Luckily, he plays more of a stretch 4, some 5. Brooks, Whitney, Boston, Clarke, and Quickley would all fight for minutes at the 3, with some of them being able to play 2-4. And that’s not even mentioning Juzang, who will be there somewhere.

Cal might try moving Quickley to more of a 1/2 next year.

It’s not crazy. It would technically be “going home”, which the NCAA is very lenient on these days. He could probably get a waiver to not have to sit out.

Also, looked it up, Richards’ chick is a junior.

But, he’s an old Junior, so he’s under more pressure to jump sooner rather than later. If he plays like he has been lately, he could get his name called in June.

But, he’s an old Junior, so he’s under more pressure to jump sooner rather than later. If he plays like he has been lately, he could get his name called in June.
Remember Richards is still relatively new to basketball (started ~14) and with the gf, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back. He could be the missing the elusive big man from our recruiting class.

Pipe dream i know.

Reactions: Hank_
Remember Richards is still relatively new to basketball (started ~14) and with the gf, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back. He could be the missing the elusive big man from our recruiting class.

That’s the truth, we haven’t landed a true 5 in so long. It would be huge.

She's a senior and will be playing pro volleyball somewhere next year.

Richards isn't coming back, right now he's an earlier 2nd rounder and before its over he could be a 1 st rounder.

Whitney should transfer. He's not going to see much playing time next yr.

Reactions: cmore79

He has as more hickeys than neck tattoos most games. Odd that I noticed it, but there it is. That girl signs her work.

....my one Cal criticism is simply this.... when teams are repeatedly scoring in the paint, try going with zone for a bit. It won't kill ya.

....my one Cal criticism is simply this.... when teams are repeatedly scoring in the paint, try going with zone for a bit. It won't kill ya.

It was actually intentional. Bama will drive and pass up a layup to kick it out for a 3. Stop the 3 and they can't beat us with the 2. It worked. Bama is a good team and they play extremely hard. But they live and die with the 3.

It was actually intentional. Bama will drive and pass up a layup to kick it out for a 3. Stop the 3 and they can't beat us with the 2. It worked. Bama is a good team and they play extremely hard. But they live and die with the 3.
I hope this isn't a hallmark for Oats. It doesn't take much effort to let a team shoot 30 3's a game .

Reactions: olsonab

...I get it, but Bama' wasn't shooting the 3 very well on Saturday. Take away the paint where they were getting the majority of their points and it could have been an easier game.

I think it is. Hell Petty was making 50+% of his threes. He's always struggled against UK.

Yeah, it definitely is and it certainly has me worried when we play there Wednesday night. Petty went off on us a few time at Coleman his first two years, but has struggled since. Him and the rest can get hot in a hurry, but I think their pace actually plays to our advantage.

The SEC is definitely interesting this year with all the new faces with coaches/players...

Reactions: texasbamafan
Richards isn't coming back, right now he's an earlier 2nd rounder and before its over he could be a 1 st rounder.

Whitney should transfer. He's not going to see much playing time next yr.
I'm willing to bet anyone that Whitney will be a contributor by tournament time. He showed some confidence in the Alabama game. If he sees a couple of shots go down, he will gain the confidence he needs. He has the tools, he just needs to see something positive happen.

Plus, Calipari is very motivated to get him and EJ going. If he does that in time, UK will be a problem for anyone they meet in the tournament.

I hope this isn't a hallmark for Oats. It doesn't take much effort to let a team shoot 30 3's a game .
It wasn’t when he was at Buffalo. His Buffalo teams really attacked the rim. I just think he is setting up this 3 pointer first offense due to the personnel he has this year. I think it's the right move.

...I get it, but Bama' wasn't shooting the 3 very well on Saturday. Take away the paint where they were getting the majority of their points and it could have been an easier game.
They weren't shooting the 3 that well because UK came out and took that away, that's why they were giving up offensive rebounds and layups.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
Yeah, it definitely is and it certainly has me worried when we play there Wednesday night. Petty went off on us a few time at Coleman his first two years, but has struggled since. Him and the rest can get hot in a hurry, but I think their pace actually plays to our advantage.

The SEC is definitely interesting this year with all the new faces with coaches/players...

It should be a fun game. I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: olsonab
ADVERTISEMENT