ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

They've actually regressed a lot since they beat Gonzaga. Defense is awful now, they're going to get bounced in the first weekend of the tournament.
I agree on them regressing, but I’m not sure exactly why. Just seems odd that a team of very young, and very talented, individuals would become a worse team with time and practice.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree on them regressing, but I’m not sure exactly why. Just seems odd that a team of very young, and very talented, individuals would become a worse team with time and practice

I know it's redundant and cliché. But this team has never had an alpha step up. If they are down with 4 minutes left, I will assume that they lost. It doesn't seem like they care.

I agree on them regressing, but I’m not sure exactly why. Just seems odd that a team of very young, and very talented, individuals would become a worse team with time and practice.

The whole is less than the sum of their individual parts. I would blame coaching.

It was very obvious for the last 4-6 weeks that something was seriously wrong with this Duke team.

This Duke team has had two opportunities to win big games in as many weeks. They lost both. 1st round loss to a 14 seed is what I see.

Kentucky and Duke are the same exact team down to the coach. Bunch of frauds. Feel maybe slightly better about UK if only because of Oscar.

Tournament this year should be wild. Lot of decent teams but nobody great.

The whole is less than the sum of their individual parts. I would blame coaching.

It was very obvious for the last 4-6 weeks that something was seriously wrong with this Duke team.

No PG play and just ok guards. If Griffin is hitting shots he changes them. If not, well they are just ok. And the defense blows. Considering how much of a shot blocking threat Williams I am always surprised how many good looks teams get inside.

Reactions: tw3301

I don't know how it's not coaching when the team gets worse, specifically on defense, than they were 3 months ago.

Reactions: GE Nole
This Duke team has had two opportunities to win big games in as many weeks. They lost both. 1st round loss to a 14 seed is what I see.
Possible....But today man, they ran into a buzzsaw----Dude was like 10-10 from three, with what seemed like 65 points...

will be shocked to see Duke make it past 16. K just seems like he is over it all, and if he’s not engaged, then put a fork in em

will be shocked to see Duke make it past 16. K just seems like he is over it all, and if he’s not engaged, then put a fork in em
I'll be surprised if they make it to the sweet 16. Tournament should be a lot of fun, filled with really good games involving teams no one gives a shit about.

• Haha
Reactions: 829305
I'll be surprised if they make it to the sweet 16. Tournament should be a lot of fun, filled with really good games involving teams no one gives a shit about.

pretty much no one gives a shit about CBB anymore. Until OAD is changed, the sport is a niche.

Reactions: 829305
pretty much no one gives a shit about CBB anymore. Until OAD is changed, the sport is a niche.
Yeah I pretty much don't give a shit anymore and that's bad. I never missed a Duke game, would watch whatever game was on in the evening regardless of conference, think covid killed it for me. Been unable to get the interest back.

Reactions: RR30
Yeah I pretty much don't give a shit anymore and that's bad. I never missed a Duke game, would watch whatever game was on in the evening regardless of conference, think covid killed it for me. Been unable to get the interest back.

i think Covid was the nail in the coffin but the descent really began with OAD

Reactions: pisgah101
Since 2012, 8 different ACC schools have won the tournament. Pretty crazy stat for a league that’s considered pretty top heavy.

I still think Leaky got robbed of DPOY. He basically shuts down everyone he guards. Held Cattoor to three points and the dude could hardly get a shot off. It's not his fault the rest of his team can't guard anyone.

Meh, adversity late in the year usually leads to a deep tourney run with a team this talented.

Depends on their matchups but it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the round of 16 at least.

Possible....But today man, they ran into a buzzsaw----Dude was like 10-10 from three, with what seemed like 65 points...

It’s not like that guy wasn’t a known three point assassin. The issue is letting him get good looks and get into a rhythm in the first place.

Duke always has that bullseye maybe it's even stronger for the Farewell Tour. I don't know what they are missing. Maybe they need to play Theo John more and have him throw some dudes around to get that intensity up for their entire squad?

Duke always has that bullseye maybe it's even stronger for the Farewell Tour. I don't know what they are missing. Maybe they need to play Theo John more and have him throw some dudes around to get that intensity up for their entire squad?

No point guard. Theo John sucks. They have one good defender and Williams can't fix everything himself. I wouldn't be shocked if they make a run though because the pieces are there.

Pretty sure we're getting a 3 seed no matter what.

Was hoping for a 2 seed so they committee could gift wrap Wisconsin in the same region as us. At this point, I think Duke and Wisconsin will both be on the 3 line.

Don't know what's happened to our defense that last 4 games. It's fallen apart. Gotta run these shooters of the line and force them to make more drives. PnR defense needs help, too.

Oh well. My expectations are going to be pretty modest. I'd be content with a Sweet 16 run. And really happy with anything after that.

200w.gif

Was hoping for a 2 seed so they committee could gift wrap Wisconsin in the same region as us. At this point, I think Duke and Wisconsin will both be on the 3 line.

Don't know what's happened to our defense that last 4 games. It's fallen apart. Gotta run these shooters of the line and force them to make more drives. PnR defense needs help, too.

Oh well. My expectations are going to be pretty modest. I'd be content with a Sweet 16 run. And really happy with anything after that.
How many total wins does K have now? I think that’d get him to 1,200 right?

Why is Wisconsin a gift wrap?

How many total wins does K have now? I think that’d get him to 1,200 right?

Yep. Two more wins to get to 1,200. That'd be a nice milestone to reach before retirement.

Why is Wisconsin a gift wrap?

Obviously nothing is a given in March. But, Johnny Davis doesn't look the same since that injury against Nebraska. If he's not running at 100%, Wisconsin will struggle to win two games, IMO.

In that 2/3 scenario with Duke and Wisconsin in the same region, I was liking the odds of Duke getting a 6 or 11 seed in the Sweet 16.

Ok thx saw Davis returned didn't know he was limited. That's tough what's his injury ankle? Or knee? Or something else?

ADVERTISEMENT