ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
Sadly, bracket sets up pretty nicely for UNC-Duke championship. I think a healthier FSU could give Duke some problems though. UVA and VT probably need to make championship game at least to make NCAAs. Even that might not be enough for either though.

2022-acc-mens-basketball-bracket.jpg

Sadly, bracket sets up pretty nicely for UNC-Duke championship. I think a healthier FSU could give Duke some problems though. UVA and VT probably need to make championship game at least to make NCAAs. Even that might not be enough for either though.

2022-acc-mens-basketball-bracket.jpg
I honestly could see uva getting to the final. Unc is still not that good

Reactions: jhmossy
Id rather lose to GT than have uva push our shit in AGAIN.

probly get my wish bc the team has quit and its fairly obvious.

Reactions: UL_1986
UNC could lose to GT, Louisville, or UVA in their first game. They could also beat any of those teams by 20 probably. I think Duke winning a couple of games is the only thing that seems likely. Everything else is up in the air.

Josh Pastner, you are so shitty UofL ended your season. Need new flashcards m'fer!

Just saw a Boeheim to Boeheim oop dunk 'Cuse destroying FSU.

I assume FSU is still injury depleted because godamn...

Syracuse torched FSU similarly how they torched us a month ago.

Time for Leonard Hamilton to hang em up

Buddy Boeheim would have to run this fade if he did it to another player. Punk move imo:

There is a rumor there was a fight in the UofL locker room after last night's win, and Curry may not start or play tonight because of it.

Rumors.

There is a rumor there was a fight in the UofL locker room after last night's win, and Curry may not start or play tonight because of it.

Rumors.

Have there been any other rumors about Curry this year?

I've heard there was an incident in the offseason that caused KU to part ways and other programs to avoid him. Sucks. KU could use a player like that.

Have there been any other rumors about Curry this year?

I've heard there was an incident in the offseason that caused KU to part ways and other programs to avoid him. Sucks. KU could use a player like that.

First noise I've heard on him all year. Everyone wants him to return next year.

He seems to be the only guy everybody likes on the roster. Well if he got in a fight after the game yesterday I guess everybody doesn't like him.

RollLaugh

Reactions: ExitFlagger
WF fits right in with the rest of this ACC. They suck.

If they lose to BC they need to lose their NCAAT bid and I do not care what the winky dinky computers or quad this quad that say. There has to be some fundamental standard and right now these clowns ain't meeting it.

Reactions: RipThru and GE Nole
I assume FSU is still injury depleted because godamn...

We got a couple guys back, but then lost more. And the most important piece to beating Cuse (the guy in the middle of the zone) is Malik Osborne and his season is done.

We were missing two starters and a key cog off the bench today. Not ideal, but also no reason to lose by 40. Especially after having finished the season winning 4 of 6.

WF fits right in with the rest of this ACC. They suck.

If they lose to BC they need to lose their NCAAT bid and I do not care what the winky dinky computers or quad this quad that say. There has to be some fundamental standard and right now these clowns ain't meeting it.

Agreed. That would be an awful awful loss.

First noise I've heard on him all year. Everyone wants him to return next year.

He seems to be the only guy everybody likes on the roster. Well if he got in a fight after the game yesterday I guess everybody doesn't like him.

RollLaugh
Weirdest part is apparently was with freshman mike james who hasnt played a single minute all year bc of injury. Like wtf.

But yea currys been the only bright spot down the stretch imo.

I havent heard of anything before regarding curry drama but im not exactly plugged in to anything.

We got a couple guys back, but then lost more. And the most important piece to beating Cuse (the guy in the middle of the zone) is Malik Osborne and his season is done.

We were missing two starters and a key cog off the bench today. Not ideal, but also no reason to lose by 40. Especially after having finished the season winning 4 of 6.
Y'all just throw the year out way too many guys hurt.

Reactions: GE Nole
This is a place for real talk and Wake Forest does not deserve an NCAA bid. I see a few decent squads down on that bubble busting line and losing to BC who is BC and played the day before, just inexcusable.

You add this humiliation to the beyond gross level of play this league has generated the entire year, I'd say it will be near tragic if these guys get an NCAAT invite. They shouldn't even be in the discussion. GTFO.

Has a team that had COY and POY ever missed the NCAA tournament before? LOL

I think Wake is in Dayton at best now. But wouldn't surprise me if they're in NIT. Their resume is awful.

I also think Wake gave Forbes an extension too soon. Dude hit lightning in the transfer portal this year. No clue if can do that or recruit at an ACC level consistently to warrant the extension yet.

I think Wake is in Dayton at best now. But wouldn't surprise me if they're in NIT. Their resume is awful.

If you’re in a must-win against a bad team and you still can’t perform, then I have a really hard time feeling sorry for you.

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy

I also think Wake gave Forbes an extension too soon. Dude hit lightning in the transfer portal this year. No clue if can do that or recruit at an ACC level consistently to warrant the extension yet.
Excellent point- would have to be the first time a team that had COY and POY could miss the tourney..

If it were a typical year, I don't think Wake Forest would make the tournament. But, the bubble is very, very underwhelming. Wake is definitely on the fringe. It's gonna be close.

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy

Plenty of times Pre-1975. Most recently in 1972 with Virginia.

I'm giving NC State a pass in 1973 since they weren't eligible.

• Sad
Reactions: jhmossy
COY, POY, can't beat BC.

I think if the ACC had any integrity they would shut the lights off in this building, and just make something up.

This is when cancel culture needs to be applied.

Okay, I guess not plenty of times. Just 3.

1973: NC State (ineligible)- Norm Sloan, David Thompson
1972: VIrginia- Bill Gibson, Barry Parkhill
1969: South Carolina- Frank McGuire, John Roche

Btw, has anyone been watching the "The Tournament: A History of ACC Basketball" ?

Thought it was funny how part 9 included the years 1998-2008. Yet, they spent the last 30 minutes of the doc talking about the 07 and 08 season. Guess the Duke run was kind of boring.

Btw, has anyone been watching the "The Tournament: A History of ACC Basketball" ?

Thought it was funny how part 9 included the years 1998-2008. Yet, they spent the last 30 minutes of the doc talking about the 07 and 08 season. Guess the Duke run was kind of boring.

I thought it was really good overall but the last two episodes were pretty underwhelming. They didn't really focus on UVA's ACC tourney wins. It was about UMBC and the natty. Like I get that storyline but I wanted them to spend some more time on UVA/Duke in 2014 and UVA/UNC in 2018. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT