ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Big Ten matchup next year, who will Michigan play.

sdave

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Goleta
I believe the are owed a home game. Do they match up how teams finished last year, or how they are projected to finish next year?

I was thinking Virginia. Can’t remember the last time they played and should be two of the better teams.

Last edited:
UVA would make a lot of sense. We've only played once (in 2011). UVA is due for a road game. Michigan due for a home game. Hope it happens. We'll probably get Wisconsin again though.

UVA would make a lot of sense. We've only played once (in 2011). UVA is due for a road game. Michigan due for a home game. Hope it happens. We'll probably get Wisconsin again though.

Would be good. Does UVA get a lot back?

Would be good. Does UVA get a lot back?

Yeah. We lose Devon Hall and Isaiah Wilkins as starters. Both were solid but not spectacular and I honestly believe their replacements could be as good or better. We also use Nigel Johnson who was a grad transfer from Rutgers for one year. But we return a good amount of our core (Ty Jerome, Kyle Guy, DeAndre Hunter, Mamadi Diakite) so I think we'll start the season in the top 10 (and maybe top 5).

I'd think that the perception of UVa at the moment is too good to match up with Wisconsin.
We probably draw FSU/Miami/Syracuse.

I'd think that the perception of UVa at the moment is too good to match up with Wisconsin.

A team that just lost to a 16-seed in the NCAA tourney has too high a perception for being Wisconsin's opponent?

Damn, I thought things were bad in Charlottesville.

Reactions: tw3301
A team that just lost to a 16-seed in the NCAA tourney has too high a perception for being Wisconsin's opponent?

Damn, I thought things were bad in Charlottesville.
Well, we missed the tourney, if you hadn't heard.
I'd think UVa would get picked as #1/#2 team out of ACC, whereas UW would be like the #7/#8 team out of B1G.

Reactions: jhmossy

Wisconsin due for home or away game? FSU is due a home one and I've heard Michigan State, Ohio State, or Purdue.

Meant no disrespect. It just seemed UW played Syracuse/UVa/FSU more often than other schools.

None taken. I just figure most people around the country have no real knowledge of FSU basketball.

Yes it would. We are absolutely getting a home game.

Plus, we aren't gonna be a projected 8th/9th team either. More like 4th-6th.

IU will be on the road for sure and they'll probably be projected in the same range. They've played Duke/UNC 4 of the past 6 years and Louisville is already on the schedule. Plus, they play ND in Indy every other year. I'd say IU is a very likely candidate to go to Tallahassee.

Reactions: GE Nole
IU will be on the road for sure and they'll probably be projected in the same range. They've played Duke/UNC 4 of the past 6 years and Louisville is already on the schedule. Plus, they play ND in Indy every other year. I'd say IU is a very likely candidate to go to Tallahassee.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't think we've played since the 92 Sweet 16, have we?

Reactions: Ameoba Offense
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't think we've played since the 92 Sweet 16, have we?

I don't think so. Seems like they played in the tourney 2 years in a row around '91/'92'/'93. That was the Charlie Ward/Bobby Sura era. Really good teams then.

Thought about this a few weeks back. If I were to go a percentage, I would go Virginia 50, North Carolina 45 and other being 5.

The series is somewhat flexible in teams having two straight home or road games, but Michigan went on the road two straight years (2010 & 2011) and hasn't been "compensated" with two straight home games (doubt it happens). Point being they played at Carolina last year, thus will be home this year.

Carolina and Virginia are due for roadies (but again could play home again). I would normally think Carolina going to Michigan works for symmetry, but in looking at other high end teams, Maryland is slated for home with MSU going on the road.

Maryland hosted UVA in 2014, played at UNC in 2015 but has not hosted the old ACC foe. Thus, getting Virginia at home is too redundant.....which leads back to Michigan.

Virginia at Michigan
North Carolina at Maryland

Reactions: tarwhiz
ADVERTISEMENT