ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Devonte Green needs to be a starter.

That’s part of it for sure. I think it also has to do with RaiQuan Gray being awful for FSU the last two games. Dude has been killing us. He comes in after the first timeout and just grinds the O to a halt with overdribbling, travels, and jacked up 3s.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
second half maybe if he is on otherwise I am loving him off the bench. Especially because of the lack of guards.
It just scares me how lackadaisical we looked at the beginning of both halves. You could be right but his scoring seems to relax the others and gives us a guard that can create his own shot.

It really just depends on if this was just a high point for him or if he's genuinely improved his consistency.

That’s part of it for sure. I think it also has to do with RaiQuan Gray being awful for FSU the last two games. Dude has been killing us. He comes in after the first timeout and just grinds the O to a halt with overdribbling, travels, and jacked up 3s.
Walker really impressed me along with Forrest, the ability to shoot and crash the glass is a rare combo at any level.

Reactions: GE Nole
Walker really impressed me along with Forrest, the ability to shoot and crash the glass is a rare combo at any level.

Yes it’s great to have experience and talent at the guard position like that. We need Vassell to start to believe in himself like Green does and we need Patrick Williams to take the next step in his development.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Devonte Green needs to be a starter.
He will be once Phinese is back 100% (if that ever happens....(dudes ALWAYS hurt!!!!) Theres multiple reasons for why he hasn't started yet...

1st. Since its been a trainwreck whenever Green is put into the lineup at the 1 spot....he cant start there.

2nd. He missed the first 4 games I believe with an injury and Archie in the past hasn't automatically just given some their starting position back after missing multiple games due to an injury.

3rd. Since he can't play the 1 spot, it would mean he would have to take Durham's spot. Durham imo has definitely earned that starting position.

4th. Since the team only has 4 guards on the roster....with Phinese being out with an injury, it makes it basically impossible to start literally every healthy guard on the roster.

Duke is now 19-2 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Seems like Duke always wins when I pick the other team. So, I guess I'll continue to pick the other team. Lose-Win. I'll take it.
Winningest record by far I believe.... I remember ranting on this board in 2014 (2015 season) about Duke going into Wisconsin and taking care of business while UNC and the rest of the ACC shit the bed. Gets old carrying the rest of the ACC's water.

Winningest record by far I believe.... I remember ranting on this board in 2014 (2015 season) about Duke going into Wisconsin and taking care of business while UNC and the rest of the ACC shit the bed. Gets old carrying the rest of the ACC's water.

I don't find it getting old carrying SEC's water at all.

Well you haven't had to do it in quite some time.
giphy.gif

Ouch tw. That's stuck me right in my my side. Hopefully it won't go on very much Longinus. I want to bring up stats, but it would be biblical.

Reactions: Quavarius
Outside of Louisville and Duke the ACC has looked pretty weak in this thing so far. That’s cool with me though. UNC could use some easier competition this year.

Duke easily leads the way at 19-2 (90.48%)

Wake Forest actually has the second highest winning percentage at 70.59% (12-5).

Outside of Louisville and Duke the ACC has looked pretty weak in this thing so far. That’s cool with me though. UNC could use some easier competition this year.

Miami played well in the opener against Illinois. Blew a huge lead, but still held on - and Lykes was money most of the night. I am disappointed in FSU and Clemson. I thought they'd have better showings.

Duke easily leads the way at 19-2 (90.48%)

Wake Forest actually has the second highest winning percentage at 70.59% (12-5).

Miami played well in the opener against Illinois. Blew a huge lead, but still held on - and Lykes was money most of the night. I am disappointed in FSU and Clemson. I thought they'd have better showings.

Yeah, I watched quit a bit of the Miami game. I thought they looked awful relinquishing the lead but Lykes was great for sure. I'm with you on FSU and Clemson. Bad games happen though. We all certainly know that, haha.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Nobody has mentioned Tre Jones, but i think he answered the question of "who is the best PG in the country", at least for me.
He played really well. I just want see consecutive games of him being a genuine offensive threat. No doubt one of the best defenders I’ve seen in my lifetime at Duke, though.

That’s insane!

It really is. They're not paired with cupcake teams. Of the 21 games, 14 of them have been against ranked teams. 13-1 in those contests.

Duke's ACC/Big Ten Challenge History:
Nov 1999: #16 Illinois- W
Nov 2000: #9 Illinois- W
Nov 2001: #7 Iowa- W
Dec 2002: Ohio State- W
Dec 2003: #5 Michigan State- W
Nov 2004: #11 Michigan State- W
Nov 2005: #17 Indiana- W
Nov 2006: Indiana- W
Nov 2007: #20 Wisconsin- W
Dec 2008: #9 Purdue- W
Dec 2009: Wisconsin- L
Dec 2010: #6 Michigan State- W
Nov 2011: #2 Ohio State- L
Nov 2012: #4 Ohio state- W
Dec 2013: #22 Michigan- W
Dec 2014: #2 Wisconsin- W
Dec 2015: Indiana- W
Nov 2016: Michigan State- W
Nov 2017: Indiana- W
Nov 2018: Indiana- W
Dec 2019: #11 Michigan State- W

Reactions: Quavarius
It really is. They're not paired with cupcake teams. Of the 21 games, 14 of them have been against ranked teams. 13-1 in those contests.

Yup, Duke is good. Your contracted mercenaries beat up on amateur athletes recruited by Big Ten coaches. Congrats. Now run along and put on you Duke t-shirt to let everyone know you like a team that historically wins a lot. Sweet.

Insane

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yup, Duke is good. Your contracted mercenaries beat up on amateur athletes recruited by Big Ten coaches. Congrats. Now run along and put on you Duke t-shirt to let everyone know you like a team that historically wins a lot. Sweet.

lol salty much? First year I was a Duke fan was 1995 when they went 2-14 in the ACC.

You sound like a bish with this post... bad look.

I hate Duke. I have a friend that likes the Lakers, Duke basketball, UM football, and the Yankees. These people are real. Great guy other than sports fandom.

Nothing that I said is false. Home slice puts on his best Duke t-shirt to talk up “his school” on a message board. Congrats to his adopted team. Is what it is. Some people on here cheer for their alma mater, others cheer for schools that win a lot. So be it.

I hate Duke. I have a friend that likes the Lakers, Duke basketball, UM football, and the Yankees. These people are real. Great guy other than sports fandom.

Nothing that I said is false. Home slice puts on his best Duke t-shirt to talk up “his school” on a message board. Congrats to his adopted team. Is what it is. Some people on here cheer for their alma mater, others cheer for schools that win a lot. So be it.

The amount of estrogen in your last two posts is off the charts. Seriously calm the fvck down it was one game in December.

The amount of estrogen in your last two posts is off the charts. Seriously calm the fvck down it was one game in December.

I just call it how I see it. Nothing I said is false. It’s how it is and I completely judge tools for riding the coattails of schools they’ve never attended and in some cases have never been on the campus. Congrats if that’s you as a fan. There’s nothing wrong with it but speaking of estrogen, it’s a complete bitch move. I’m entirely cool with people repping Duke and acting high and mighty but they have to remember, they’re a tool fan that likes teams that win and/or have won a lot historically.

I just call it how I see it. Nothing I said is false. It’s how it is and I completely judge tools for riding the coattails of schools they’ve never attended and in some cases have never been on the campus. Congrats if that’s you as a fan. There’s nothing wrong with it but speaking of estrogen, it’s a complete bitch move. I’m entirely cool with people repping Duke and acting high and mighty but they have to remember, they’re a tool fan that likes teams that win and/or have won a lot historically.

Tripling down on being a baby back bitch is a bold strategy

Just because a school wins a lot doesn’t mean they don’t have “legit” fans. There are t-shirt fans for sure, but for the most part the Duke fans on this board seem pretty humble considering how good they’ve been.

All in all nothing he said should’ve warranted that butthurt response.

Last edited:
Just because a school wins a lot doesn’t mean they don’t have “legit” fans. There are t-shirt fans for sure, but for the most part the Duke fans on this board seem relatively humble in comparison to some others.

All in all nothing he said should’ve warranted that butthurt response.

You are an Indiana basketball fan with Notre Dame football pic. Bro, you’re one of them. Lol, have you put away your ND apparel for IU yet or do you wait for the holidays to end?

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT