ADVERTISEMENT

ACC awards

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
Now that the regular season is essentially over, who are your winners for POY, ROY, COY, and DPOY. Who would you put on the first team? Here are my choices.

POY
Marvin Bagley III (Duke) - probably won't be unanimous but should. Luke Maye (UNC) will probably get some votes

ROY
Marvin Bagley III (Duke) - stiffest competition will probably be from teammate Wendell Carter Jr (Duke)

COY
Tony Bennett (UVA) - strong consideration goes to Kevin Keatts (Clemson) and Brad Brownell (Clemson)

DPOY
Devon Hall/Isaiah Wilkins (UVA) - it will be whoever Bennett nominates

1st team All-ACC
Marvin Bagley III (Duke)
Luke Maye (UNC)
Jerome Robinson (BC)
Kyle Guy (UVA)
Joel Berry II (UNC)

I think Bagley, Maye and Robinson are the 3 locks right now. UVA might get a player simply for being the best team despite not really having the stats to warrant a 1st-team selection. Berry is arguably the best PG in the league and is putting up 1st team scoring numbers from the position.

No arguments, but I think Keatts will win COY. Yes, Virginia is a surprise, but Bennett isn't. He's slowly reaching Coach K territory to where he almost has to go undefeated in the conference to win the award.

This is Keatts' first season, so he will win it or he and Bennett will split it.

UVA is that THAT good that they may not win many individual awards. It sucks being good.

Reactions: jhmossy
No arguments, but I think Keatts will win COY. Yes, Virginia is a surprise, but Bennett isn't. He's slowly reaching Coach K territory to where he almost has to go undefeated in the conference to win the award.

This is Keatts' first season, so he will win it or he and Bennett will split it.

UVA is that THAT good that they may not win many individual awards. It sucks being good.

I honestly wouldn't have any complaints if Keatts won it, especially if NCSU finishes with a top 4 finish.

Spalding will be on the 2nd team at least.

I wish he played for UVA. He seems perfect for our defensive system and he has more offense than any of our post players.

Reactions: Quavarius
I honestly wouldn't have any complaints if Keatts won it, especially if NCSU finishes with a top 4 finish.

I wish he played for UVA. He seems perfect for our defensive system and he has more offense than any of our post players.

Thoughts on Thursday?

POY: Marvin Bagley
ROY: Marvin Bagley
COY: Tony Bennett
DPOY: Isaiah Wilkins

1st Team All-ACC
Joel Berry (UNC)
Isaiah Wilkins (UVA)
Luke Maye (UNC)
Marvin Bagley (Duke)
Wendell Carter (Duke)

I have a feeling Carter might get shafted but if he does, its because the voters are morons who have no idea what they're doing.

Wendell Carter is 7th in the nation in PER, 4th in the Nation in Win Shares per 40 Minutes and top 20 in Defense Win Shares. He's easily a top 10 player nationally.

Good breakdown jmossy.

Wendell Carter is making a late season push for that first team. May not get there but it’s been fun to see the progression.

Reactions: jhmossy and bignish
Thoughts on Thursday?

Honestly expecting a loss. UVA has very little to play for regarding the ACC and Louisville needs a signature win in the worst way. Senior night against the #1 team in the country has all the makings of a Louisville win.

POY: Marvin Bagley
ROY: Marvin Bagley
COY: Tony Bennett
DPOY: Isaiah Wilkins

1st Team All-ACC
Joel Berry (UNC)
Isaiah Wilkins (UVA)
Luke Maye (UNC)
Marvin Bagley (Duke)
Wendell Carter (Duke)

I have a feeling Carter might get shafted but if he does, its because the voters are morons who have no idea what they're doing.

Wendell Carter is 7th in the nation in PER, 4th in the Nation in Win Shares per 40 Minutes and top 20 in Defense Win Shares. He's easily a top 10 player nationally.

Good stats. No way in the world does Wilkins makes first team. He’ll be on the all-defensive team and possibly DPOY but that’s it.

Good stats. No way in the world does Wilkins makes first team. He’ll be on the all-defensive team and possibly DPOY but that’s it.
I guess I just see no one else worthy in this conference of getting that 5th spot.

Maybe Gabe DeVoe from Clemson?

I guess I just see no one else worthy in this conference of getting that 5th spot.

Maybe Gabe DeVoe from Clemson?

Marquise Reed is probably a more likely pick from Clemson than DeVoe. I think Guy, Jerome, and Hall are more likely candidates than Wilkins.

Honestly expecting a loss. UVA has very little to play for regarding the ACC and Louisville needs a signature win in the worst way. Senior night against the #1 team in the country has all the makings of a Louisville win.

Maybe a buzzer beater? :D

Seems like that’s all we have to stand on. Althought we are coming off a great starting lineup and win this past weekend at Tech. Maybe we found the lineup for the rest of the season.

Our only win against UVA happens to be on Senior day haha.

But I could still see you all winning.

Maybe a buzzer beater? :D

Seems like that’s all we have to stand on. Althought we are coming off a great starting lineup and win this past weekend at Tech. Maybe we found the lineup for the rest of the season.

Our only win against UVA happens to be on Senior day haha.

But I could still see you all winning.

Playing Sutton more and sitting Mahmoud more was good roster management for Padgett. Reading your message boards, UL fans seem pretty confident about getting a win.

Don’t come with the disinterested crap. If you hit everything like the last time we played you’ll win, if you play like you did against VT, we’ll win.

Playing Sutton more and sitting Mahmoud more was good roster management for Padgett. Reading your message boards, UL fans seem pretty confident about getting a win.
Unfortunately it’ll be Anas’s senior night, he’ll get undeserved minutes.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Unfortunately it’ll be Anas’s senior night, he’ll get undeserved minutes.

Yep. Nothing has shown me over the last 3-4 games that he:

A. Wants to be there
B. Should get minutes

Although I will say he did rebound well this past weekend when he was in.

I can see it either way honestly. The ball movement this past weeknd was absolutely fantastic. We had 19 assists on 24 made shots. Also, Q was alive. Hit 7 threes. Adel almost had a triple double.

If the ball movement is like that and both Adel/Snider play well, I like us on Senior night. Snider is a senior so I hope he shows up and last game was a confidence boost and getting him in the rhythm again. We also outrebounded, for FINALLY!

Idk, everyone gave 110% effort. I’d like to see that the rest of the season, including thursday, which would undoubtedly lock us into the tournament. A lot on the line.

Don’t come with the disinterested crap. If you hit everything like the last time we played you’ll win, if you play like you did against VT, we’ll win.

Louisville also shot much better than they usually do in the first game.

VT was the worst game we played all year. Most teams would beat us if we play like that.

Reactions: rockycard

What message board is that? www.cardsuntilhellfreezesover.com?

The Va Tech changes were a nod to Va Tech's four out, one in personnel. We have been getting blown by consistently on the dribble from our one, two and three spots most of the year and the resultant chaos shows up in no small part in yielded offensive rebounding numbers (in my opinion). Mahmoud lifted for Sutton was the smart play; Spalding as the defensive five in that situation wasn't really a stretch because he's athletic enough that getting caught on a small on the perimeter he can still cover for. Va Tech's foul troubled big saved us...and the six straight made threes in the second half certainly didn't hurt.

We need the win obviously, and under Pitino in situations like Thursday we were a really good bet (beat number 1 Syracuse twice in 2010 while we were on the bubble as big dogs and beat number 1 Pitt the year before at home)...I don't see this matchup as being any different than the one in Charlottesville. We just breakdown too frequently on the defensive end. I thought the last really good defensive game we played was actually that last matchup in Charlottesville; you guys just made shots and beat good defense.

I miss the old JHM . . . the one that used the term brah, and had a little trash talk/spice to him. Could rustle with the best of them, if not being THE BEST. What happened?!

He's still here bruh. He's just getting a little tired of owning everyone on this board so thought he would let some of others have their opportunities.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
He's tired of getting banned. A grown adult has been banned from a message board more than once. LOL

AEYMHxJ.gif

Reactions: JimboBBN
Technically didn't get banned from this board. Got banned from the Main Board.

And I only work 8 months out of the year so I have a good amount of time off to "get bored"
Do you have any idea what became of the babysitter in Tampa?

LOL my guess would be a massive amount of regret.

Definitely one of my finer moments on the Main Board.

The Justin.tv threads were the best.
Makes me feel old to think how long ago that was.

Different time and different handle (for both of us).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT